Short hair=Less attractive???

Options
thunt1990
thunt1990 Posts: 157 Member
So i have a random question for all the guys and ladies if you want to weigh in too.

I am thinking about cutting my hair short again since it's at about my shoulder blades and super hot and uncomfortable for the hot weather (I live in Phoenix). Im not going to go like pixie but just above my shoulders or maybe chin length.

I told my coworkers and a few friends what i was thinking about doing and i got the same response from about 6 of them (guys and girls):

"You shouldnt cut your hair, You know guys dont like girls with short hair they only notice girls with long hair."

So is this true? Do guys only like girls with long hair and just skip over girls with short hair?

By the way i totally rock short hair haha and if a guy doesnt like me just because i have short hair he's not worth it. I'm still going to cut it. I just wanted to see what the general concensous was. Thanks!!

Replies

• mikey1976
    mikey1976 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    i have seen very Attractive girls with short hair it suits them just fine
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Hmmm. I have short hair, and LOVE IT and have never felt more attractive!

Plus, my boyfriend likes it. :love:
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    It doesn`t matter,it is how it compliments her face and still more important is how she is as a person.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I used to have hair down to the middle of my back. I scaled it back to about shoulder length about a year ago. Then, i decided to go shorter. It's now considered an "edgy bob" (you can see it in my profile picture) & I have got soooooooo many compliments from GUYS on the short hair.

A guy recently told me that my hair now is "disgustingly awesome"
    My husband says that it's the sexiest cut i've ever had
    and I get random compliments constantly (from guys)

I think it's what you can pull off that matters. Some girls can't pull off long hair. Guys may think "long hair is so much sexier" but if the girl has super thick hair that gets knotted or that doesn't hang right, it's not what he's envisioning. I love rocking short hair and if you can pull it off WHY NOT?
  • hunterzmomma
    Options
    I love long hair, but I think bobs look great, and are pretty low maintenance too!
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I like short hair, my husband doesn"t, he thinks it looks masculine.
  • Shawn_Marie
    Options
    I am a girl and I think it depends on the person. Went from hair that was half way down my back to very short hair and I :heart: it! I get compliments on how nice it looks from everyone that was familiar with my long hair. So, if you feel good (sexy) with short hair, CUT it! lol
  • Ashleypeterson37
    Ashleypeterson37 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Most of the guys I dated LOVED longer hair but my husband loves short hair. It really depends and I don't think there is just one answer to this. It's all about preference.
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    If it 'fits' your face and your attitude go for it.

I have known several women who wore short hair and I found them very attractive and they seemed to be the confident type too.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Not all guys prefer long hair. My older brother loves short hair on girls. My father thinks all women should have long, straight, blond hair. Period. *eyeroll*

My husband prefers long hair, but long to him is anywhere between just at shoulder length and longer. I cut my hair chin length once, and I could tell he didn't care for it as much, even though he didn't outright say so. I would love to do a pixie cut, but he's very vocal about not liking that.
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    to each is own. I would love it if I looked right with short hair. maybe when I loose more weight the style would look better on me, lol and if it does I'm chopping it all off.
  • Suze2010
    Options
    I personally think it's all about what you like and what is more comfortable for you. I used to have a bob and i LOVE IT! it was super low maintenance. I decided to grow my hair out and it's so boring now but i am trying to stick it out as long as i can.
    I feel like i get WAY MORE compliments when i have short hair (like a bob) then i do now with just normal mid-length hair.
    I think short cuts are way cutier!
  • Kristhin
    Kristhin Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I think most guys do like long hair better.

Personally, I think its hot and awesome when a chick can rock a stylish short haircut.

French girls do it best and anyone who can pull it off half as good as they do looks AMAZING. In my opinion.

I say do it. This is 2011. Women don't need to live their lives by what a man might or might not like. Do what makes YOU happy.
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    It takes a strong woman to wear her hair short. So if you believe in yourself, trust your convictions, can look at yourself and love what you see - DO IT!
  • bbygrl5
    bbygrl5 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    It depends on the person. I've seen many attractive women with short hair. I've never had short hair. I know it wouldn't look right on me.
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    Some women do short hair beautifully! I keep mine long because my husband is one of those who prefer it long and I like "the look" that he gives me. We've been married for almost 20 years though and there were periods where I had short hair. He still thought I was beautiful but he does appreciate me keeping it long now. You're right that if a guy doesn't like you simply because of your hairstyle he's not worth pursuing.
  • beach_bum_gurl
    Options
    I rock my short hair! And you know what, if a guy does not like me just because my hair is short, then he probably is not worth my valuable time!
  • GreenSkinnyJeans
    GreenSkinnyJeans Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    After not cutting my hair for five years, I cut it just past my shoulders. Its been a lonngg time since I've looked this attractive, haha : D.
    I get hit on A LOT more since I've cut my hair (Maybe its the new color..; D) because its more flattering, and doesn't look as snarly as the waist long hair I had, appears much more healthy now.
    just do what ever makes you more comfortable.
  • Amo_Angelus
    Amo_Angelus Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    In college my best friend had a pixie cut and it looked AMAZING on her, she really looked attractive because it suited her. So long as your haircut suits your body and face shape it doesn't matter what length you wear it at it will look attractive.
  • pnieuw
    pnieuw Posts: 473
    Options
    I must confess, I'm in the long hair camp. My wife goes from shoulder length to bobs and back again, so I'm used to whatever. When we got married, it was well past her shoulders, and then she cut it. I jokingly accused her of a bit of bait and switch.