JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Options
    I had forgotten how much I love certain things. Just felt like sharing that.
    Anyway, I'm going to continue this reintroduction of things I love this weekend.
    I had let so much of myself get buried under "LIFE STUFF". And I would totally love to be able to go to the hair salon and get my natural hair done, eyebrows arched, and a Mani/pedi... I wouldn't know how to act if I had those things done...

@maryrobinson40, we are so in sync "today" we might be sharing a brain! Seriously, my thoughts are so similar to yours today. Do something fabulous!

Hope everyone has a great weekend! 🌼
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Friday
    1. Feed cats. Shower. Morning meds. Tea! Log 1 item. Stop at library before class at Y on Saturday.
    2. Review Week 13. ESSAY. Plan Week 14 (check standards); draft week 15-16. Write blog post. Put research lessons in unit format.
    3. Class 2-3: Poetry: This I Believe. Print PRs. PUT CHALLENGE BOOKS ON DESKS. No reflection. Hand out graphic organizers.
    4. Class 4: Poetry: This I Believe. Reflection 30. Put TIBs in sub folder. Print sub plans. Hand out graphic organizers.
    5. Review assessments. What is my purpose for each unit? Sketch out semester block. Revise one-pager. Brainstorm Malala. BRAINSTORM MACHIAVELLI.
    6. Update class websites - include sub plans! WRITE A DOGGONE POST. Finish essay if possible.
    7. Leave for park by 4:45. Take 4th research essays. Update iTunes and check playlists. Post Saturday's JFT before leaving for park!
    8. Prep Sat lunch/dinner. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 11:45; devices off by 12:00.

JFT Saturday
    1. Feed cats. Park run: 2 miles, <30 min. Morning meds. Tea! Log 1 item. Leave for library/Y by 8:30.
    2. Shower. Paint nails? Draft essay.
    3. Check grocery list with D; shopping tomorrow. No burgers unless we already have buns. Find alternate.
    4. Lunch with B. Add Dass 9:20 and McC 10:15 to Monday JFT.
    5. Choose meals. Continue essay. Leave for park by 4:45. Take 4th research essays. Steps to 10k.
    6. Prep Sun meals. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 11:45; devices off by 12:00.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    February 2018: 173.6
    March 2018: 179.6
    July 2018: 189.6
    August 2018: 187.4
    September: 186.4
    Today: 187.2

Upcoming to-do:
    1. Develop 5PE mini-unit. Use after JC as a sponge; combine with challenge books. Maybe a comparison with another required text? Have students ask a parent or teacher what the most significant text they studied was, and then create a comparison between their challenge book and that text - which has more value and why? Possibly do the one-sheet as an assessment.
    2. Write next blog post. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun?
    3. Keep track of medical stuffs. Dentist? Appt w D 10/22 9:20; McC 10/22 10:15. Also Feb 7 9:30 w Ac Int. Sub already set up.
    4. Convert lesson plans to unit format. Create rubric for one-pager. Revise research checklists!
    5. Check on conference; follow up on seminar proposal. Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Can poetry unit be condensed?
    6. Go to used bookstore and look for Beauty (McKinley), Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman) and The Prince (tr. Tim Parks).
    7. Put jewelry away. Yikes! Reinforce patches on old pants.
    8. Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac.
    9. Make plan for classroom observations; ask other teachers about projects or lessons they feel confident about.
    10. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another.
    11. Design minibuttons with school logo, mascot, crest. Minibuttons that say THIS IS WHAT ANTIFASCISM LOOKS LIKE. White text on black bars on red background.
  • sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    JFY (Friday, 10/19/18)
    1) Log all my food for the day :)
    2) Stay "in the green" with my calories for the day :/ (better than the last few days though)
    3) Drink 8 glasses of water before having Diet Coke :)
    4) Go to the gym :)
    5) Work on orders from my shop :)
    6) Don't beat myself up over getting WAY off track the last 3 days...today's a new day. :)

JFT (Saturday, 10/20/18)
    1) Log all my food for the day
    2) Stay "in the green" with my calories for the day
    3) Drink 8 glasses of water before having Diet Coke
    4) Go to the gym
    5) Work on orders from my shop
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,730 Member
    Options
    JFT - Friday October 19
    2L of Water 😠 only 1
    Calories in green by 150 - 😠 in red by 181
    Only 1 evening snack - 🙂
    5 fruits and veggies - 1/5
    Walk 1 mile - 😉 I’m saying yes but it wasn’t an intentional out for a walk walk.
    Craft!!! - sanded wood slices for an hour and a half.
    Write in Journal - 🙂
    Stay Focused -🙂 I’m saying yes because I avoided eating chips on my road trip. I think that may be a first!

JFT - Saturday October 20
    2L of Water
    Calories in green by 150
    Only 1 evening snack
    5 fruits and veggies
    Walk 1 mile
    Craft!!!
    Write in Journal
    Stay Focused

I am so tired of appliances and fixtures and repairs! The dryer won’t be working until next week. I’m ok with this, just means I don’t need to do laundry this weekend. Last night though, after I came in from sanding I was freezing. I sat on the couch for a few and hubby decided he wanted Taco Bell for supper. I said ok even though I knew I would have KFC if we were doing that. I drove instead of walking even though I could have probably walked there and back faster because I was so cold. I get back come in the house, complain that I’m cold and hubby says “you’re not going to get warm here, there’s something wrong with the furnace”. I call a furnace company the guy was really nice and tried to walk hubby through the steps to fix it. Doesn’t work, were quoted $150.00 to come look at it. Not much choice so we say yes. The guys worker shows up, gets it going and God Bless him he didn’t charge us! We had had a power outage at some point yesterday while we were away it must have knocked something out that needed to be reset. I am so very thankful! I’m also thankful I would have had the money to have them look at it, but that was about it.
    I celebrated with a chocolate bar! I never do this, but I bought some for hubby the other day and in the whole pack there is only one kind I will eat, so I had one. I had one the night before for dessert but had room for it. I probably won’t have another one now for months.

Today I have to sand some more then get busy painting. I have more ideas!

• Snowflake1968
    Options
    Hi Sisters... I wasn't on here today I was just being... Lol…. I ran across some songs on YouTube... OMGOODNESS!!! ANDREA BOCELLI and MATTEO BOCELLI'S "FALL ON ME",.... and Ed Sheeran - PERFECT SYMPHONY (with Andrea Bocelli)...Brandi Carlisle
    Needless to say, I'm totally in my feelings and being a woman. I had forgotten
    how much I love certain things. Just felt like sharing that.
    Anyway, I'm going to continue this reintroduction of things I love this weekend.
    I had let so much of myself get buried under "LIFE STUFF". And I would totally love to be able to go to the hair salon and get my natural hair done, eyebrows arched, and a Mani/pedi... I wouldn't know how to act if I had those things done... I'd probably have to be hog tied and put in the south end of the pasture just to keep me tame... LMBO😂😂

I have found that finding me and just being has helped me out tremendously. I have a funny story to share about finding old music you once loved.

I was raised on country, Johnny, Waylon, Loretta, Dolly, some even older. When my eldest was born I didn’t know lullabies so sang The Gambler to her. Last year at Christmas I watched an infomercial for a Time Life DVD collection of CMA performances spanning from 1969 to 2016. I asked for it for Christmas and never got it. My eldest who shares my love of old country has ordered it for me for my birthday. It should be here this week!

The day she sent me money to order it I was getting ready to go to bed and another infomercial came on, this one is called 70’s country. It’s cd’s though, I recorded it and had my daughter watch it with me. We have decided that I could probably build this collection on my own using iTunes cheaper than buying the set.

Moral of the story,I love going back to my childhood through music, but it’s going to be pricy if I’m not careful!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    @faebert - hope you get things resolved with your boyfriend. Honesty is the only way to fix issues, even though it sucks and hurts sometimes.

I get exhausted reading everyone’s lists all the time. I’m glad I finally had a day that seemed like I was doing!

• Snowflake1968
    Options
    Very quiet today. I miss everyone
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    JFT - Saturday October 20
    2L of Water- 😕1.75
    Calories in green by 150 - 😕 over by 52
    Only 1 evening snack - 😕 had a cheese string out of boredom after my snack
    5 fruits and veggies - 3/5
    Walk 1 mile - 🙂
    Craft!!! - finished 16 snowmen completely
    Write in Journal 🙂
    Stay Focused 🙂

JFT - Sunday October 21
    2L of Water
    Calories in green by 150
    Only 1 evening snack
    5 fruits and veggies
    Walk 1 mile
    Craft!!!
    Write in Journal
    Stay Focused

Had a nice visit with Jasmyne today. She’s hoping to have me working for her by spring still.

Rodger cut some wood all craft today and I have baked them to dry them. Tomorrow I will be sanding them and he will burn the designs.

Thought I would check in tonight in case I oversleep in the morning and am rushed before the kids arrive.
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    @faebert - hope you get things resolved with your boyfriend. Honesty is the only way to fix issues, even though it sucks and hurts sometimes.

Thanks @snowflake1968 I needed to read this message this morning. I’m here at my boyfriend’s place and I have yet to have the conversation with him. I spent a lot of yesterday doing chores before driving down to his place. He is only about 13 miles away on the other side of London but it’s always a bad journey and with roadworks yesterday it took nearly two hours!

So I got here tired, hungry, thirsty, desperate for the loo, and totally incapable of a serious conversation. We just watched TV and I fell asleep on the sofa.

I’m really not sure what to do. Deep down I think that this won’t make me happy in the long term. He’s an amazing person but he has lots of issues (don’t we all!) that he deals with by preferring to just be on his own and then being out of contact. He has also told me he thinks he is at heart a solitary person. When he is around it can be great, but it’s so inconsistent. And I suspect he will never want a ‘normal’ co-habiting partnership in the long term.

So my decision is - continue to live with this even though it is flawed and frustrating. I’m so busy with my own life and kids it doesn’t always bother me and if I’m honest I like the security of knowing I have someone in my life, even with the problems!

Or - cause myself (and possibly him) immense short term pain by ending this for the sake of my future happiness. Because at some point my kids will be grown up and leave and I could find myself alone with a partner who isn’t really a partner. And have missed out on finding someone who really wants to be with me properly.

And it’s turning cold as winter approaches, I have my 40th coming up, I hate the thought of getting back into dating now and I have so much stress in my family life with my sister’s illness etc. Is now the time for this??!

Any thoughts welcome. I’m struggling :(
  • Faebert
    Options
    Saturday goals
    - morning workout ❎ ran out of time
    - Get kids up and hair washed ✅
    - Yoga at 10:45 ✅
    - Coffee with friend after ✅
    - Grocery shopping ✅
    - Laundry ✅
    - Make a list of house reorganising jobs ❎
    - See boyfriend ✅- be brave and honest and tackle the issues❎
    - Rest✅

Sunday goals
    - get some activity (long walk)
    - Try and fix things one way or another with boyfriend, see above
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,068 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Okay so I've had a few busy days!
    Thursday
    Ash's Birthday - So it was a good day, can't really remember what we ate, we had a walk around town and then I left him there with Marley whilst I went to pick up Saskia from school. He then came home, with hot dogs, the girls ate them but we didn't like them that much really, so after they went to bed I nipped down the road and ordered a fish and chips for him and I had a pie. Tbh, wasn't much better lol! And then we did the birthday cake but I never had any because I was already full.

Friday
    Again another chilled day, can't remember if we went out in the day, but skip to the evening, we had dinner and then my parents picked up the girls for a sleepover. And we dressed up and went into town had a few drinks but Tbh we got a bit bored, don't think we were in the mood. So we came home and had a cup of tea and watched some films.

Saturday
    Another lovely day! Me and Ash walked around town. They had a pop up Spooky Cafe which Tbh was pretty naff but I like it when they have different things in the town centre, was good to nosy around some stalls. We had a big sausage, bacon and egg sandwich to share (but it was massive so it was like having a standard one each) then we had a Costa Coffee (gingerbread latte) I don't think we bought anything else whilst we were there but was nice looking round the shops. We then drove up to the other side of town and went to the retail park, we looked around some of the shops there, bought some bedding and I got a "Slanket" (Blanket with sleeves.. Its amazing)
    And then we went to the pet store, looked at all the pets (they have rabbits, Guinea pigs, rats, gerbils, degus, Syrian and Russian dwarf hamsters, snakes and lizards) and left with a couple of dog treats!
    Then to Tesco, bought a share bag of crisps, some chocolate and some Lilt. And then home and ordered a takeaway, Nepalese cuisine. Very very nice.
    The girls then came home after dinner and we had a little cuddle and chat about what they've been up to and put them to bed, me and my OH watched a film and then went up to bed to watch tv, where we had some of the crisps, birthday cake and ice cream and then that was it, lights out for me!

Sunday
    So it's now 8:30am, got a lot of washing to do today which I'm starting shortly and alot of cleaning. I want everything to get everything neat ready for the next week.

I managed to have a good think yesterday of what I actually wanted from this journey and how I could achieve this. My motivation is the scale, I'm sick of being stuck where I am now. I need to see the numbers coming down and staying down.

So I feel like I've reset.

So today:
    - 8 glasses of water
    - Be in the green
    - Exercise
    - Take video of the car
    - Update diary with important dates for this week.

Tips:
    Drink 4 glasses of water by lunch
    Log whilst I'm eating to keep up to date
    Charge the pad, select a video before I intend to work out

Sorry for the looooong post but that's me up to date now lol!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    @faebert - wow 2 hours for 13 Miles! That would make anyone cranky and needing the loo!

No one can make the decision but you and him, but from what I’ve seen you say on here I thibk you deserve a man in your life that is there for you no matter what.

If this is just fun and for release and that’s what you’re happy with,it isa good working relationship, but I think you need more out of it than that. I believe you said it’s been 3 years seeing this guy, to me after that length of time it should be more if that’s what you are looking for.

You do have a lot going on with your sister, the girls and just life in general but a man that is in it for the long haul would be wanting to help ease some of those burdens for you. Make you dinner, run a bath for you, drive 2 hours to hug you when you’re sick.

I think you have made your decision and just need to say it out loud myself.

My best friends Mom settled for a man after her father left. She has been with him now for 30 years and is incredibly unhappy and depressed. The older she got (she is turning 70 on Tuesday) the more she felt she couldn’t find someone else that did give her what she needed. You aren’t even 40, I bet you it’s scary and intimidating thinking of finding someone else, but to me being in a situation that your aren’t secure in is scary too.

I hope you have the courage to do what you need to for you, whatever that may be. You just need to be at peace with your decision. Emotional upheaval and those conversations we hold in our own heads are sometimes worse than the actual conversation.

• Bex953172
    Options
    @faebert - wow 2 hours for 13 Miles! That would make anyone cranky and needing the loo!

No one can make the decision but you and him, but from what I’ve seen you say on here I thibk you deserve a man in your life that is there for you no matter what.

If this is just fun and for release and that’s what you’re happy with,it isa good working relationship, but I think you need more out of it than that. I believe you said it’s been 3 years seeing this guy, to me after that length of time it should be more if that’s what you are looking for.

You do have a lot going on with your sister, the girls and just life in general but a man that is in it for the long haul would be wanting to help ease some of those burdens for you. Make you dinner, run a bath for you, drive 2 hours to hug you when you’re sick.

I think you have made your decision and just need to say it out loud myself.

My best friends Mom settled for a man after her father left. She has been with him now for 30 years and is incredibly unhappy and depressed. The older she got (she is turning 70 on Tuesday) the more she felt she couldn’t find someone else that did give her what she needed. You aren’t even 40, I bet you it’s scary and intimidating thinking of finding someone else, but to me being in a situation that your aren’t secure in is scary too.

I hope you have the courage to do what you need to for you, whatever that may be. You just need to be at peace with your decision. Emotional upheaval and those conversations we hold in our own heads are sometimes worse than the actual conversation.

Couldn't agree with this more, and if you're worried about whether you will find someone else, my Nana found someone else after my granddad died. She was 73!

It does sound like you're lacking some things you need from the relationship. And he has a choice really, either provide that for you or let you go and find someone who will give you what you want need and deserve.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Okay so I've had a few busy days!
    Thursday
    Ash's Birthday - So it was a good day, can't really remember what we ate, we had a walk around town and then I left him there with Marley whilst I went to pick up Saskia from school. He then came home, with hot dogs, the girls ate them but we didn't like them that much really, so after they went to bed I nipped down the road and ordered a fish and chips for him and I had a pie. Tbh, wasn't much better lol! And then we did the birthday cake but I never had any because I was already full.

Friday
    Again another chilled day, can't remember if we went out in the day, but skip to the evening, we had dinner and then my parents picked up the girls for a sleepover. And we dressed up and went into town had a few drinks but Tbh we got a bit bored, don't think we were in the mood. So we came home and had a cup of tea and watched some films.

Saturday
    Another lovely day! Me and Ash walked around town. They had a pop up Spooky Cafe which Tbh was pretty naff but I like it when they have different things in the town centre, was good to nosy around some stalls. We had a big sausage, bacon and egg sandwich to share (but it was massive so it was like having a standard one each) then we had a Costa Coffee (gingerbread latte) I don't think we bought anything else whilst we were there but was nice looking round the shops. We then drove up to the other side of town and went to the retail park, we looked around some of the shops there, bought some bedding and I got a "Slanket" (Blanket with sleeves.. Its amazing)
    And then we went to the pet store, looked at all the pets (they have rabbits, Guinea pigs, rats, gerbils, degus, Syrian and Russian dwarf hamsters, snakes and lizards) and left with a couple of dog treats!
    Then to Tesco, bought a share bag of crisps, some chocolate and some Lilt. And then home and ordered a takeaway, Nepalese cuisine. Very very nice.
    The girls then came home after dinner and we had a little cuddle and chat about what they've been up to and put them to bed, me and my OH watched a film and then went up to bed to watch tv, where we had some of the crisps, birthday cake and ice cream and then that was it, lights out for me!

Sunday
    So it's now 8:30am, got a lot of washing to do today which I'm starting shortly and alot of cleaning. I want everything to get everything neat ready for the next week.

I managed to have a good think yesterday of what I actually wanted from this journey and how I could achieve this. My motivation is the scale, I'm sick of being stuck where I am now. I need to see the numbers coming down and staying down.

So today:
    - 8 glasses of water
    - Be in the green
    - Exercise
    - Take video of the car
    - Update diary with important dates for this week.

Tips:
    Drink 4 glasses of water by lunch
    Log whilst I'm eating to keep up to date
    Charge the pad, select a video before I intend to work out

Sorry for the looooong post but that's me up to date now lol!

I have been trying to get back on here all day to tell you I read your post this morning. I responded to Faebert then went back to bed. I don’t know why but I was up at 430 this morning. Went back to bed around 530 and then got up again at 745. I set an alarm, I probably could have slept longer.

Sounds like you have had a nice few days! Happy belated to Ash. I think those blankets here are called Snuggies
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Faebert wrote: »

Thanks @snowflake1968 I needed to read this message this morning. I’m here at my boyfriend’s place and I have yet to have the conversation with him. I spent a lot of yesterday doing chores before driving down to his place. He is only about 13 miles away on the other side of London but it’s always a bad journey and with roadworks yesterday it took nearly two hours!

So I got here tired, hungry, thirsty, desperate for the loo, and totally incapable of a serious conversation. We just watched TV and I fell asleep on the sofa.

I’m really not sure what to do. Deep down I think that this won’t make me happy in the long term. He’s an amazing person but he has lots of issues (don’t we all!) that he deals with by preferring to just be on his own and then being out of contact. He has also told me he thinks he is at heart a solitary person. When he is around it can be great, but it’s so inconsistent. And I suspect he will never want a ‘normal’ co-habiting partnership in the long term.

So my decision is - continue to live with this even though it is flawed and frustrating. I’m so busy with my own life and kids it doesn’t always bother me and if I’m honest I like the security of knowing I have someone in my life, even with the problems!

Or - cause myself (and possibly him) immense short term pain by ending this for the sake of my future happiness. Because at some point my kids will be grown up and leave and I could find myself alone with a partner who isn’t really a partner. And have missed out on finding someone who really wants to be with me properly.

And it’s turning cold as winter approaches, I have my 40th coming up, I hate the thought of getting back into dating now and I have so much stress in my family life with my sister’s illness etc. Is now the time for this??!

Any thoughts welcome. I’m struggling :(

My dear Sister, the ball is in your court. I love you and as with the rest of us, we don't want you suffering needlessly, and it's not good for the children. They love you, and watching the two of you, is not what you want to teach them about relationships.
    From what you've shared with us, the two of you are "OIL and WATER". IN THE END, the decision is for the two of you to make. Primarily because you only know the full story, and you hold the answer to why you're staying instead of
    moving on.
    I must say, men don't operate from their emotions
    Like women. Men are Cerebral... They feel, but their dominant trait is a thinker, a fixer, provider, protector, and lover. We operate from our emotions, which can lead us all over the place if we allow them. Not to say we're not cerebral, but in any situation our feelings generally jump in front of our rational thinking.
    It's that thing that makes us want to buy a dress, even though we have as closet full of clothes, and the man to say, we need to be practical because the mortgage needs to be paid.
    Enough of my rambling.. I hope you to have joy returned to your life. And in whatever you decide, we love you and we're here.💖🙏
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Hi Sisters... I wasn't on here today I was just being... Lol…. I ran across some songs on YouTube... OMGOODNESS!!! ANDREA BOCELLI and MATTEO BOCELLI'S "FALL ON ME",.... and Ed Sheeran - PERFECT SYMPHONY (with Andrea Bocelli)...Brandi Carlisle
    Needless to say, I'm totally in my feelings and being a woman. I had forgotten
    how much I love certain things. Just felt like sharing that.
    I had let so much of myself get buried under "LIFE STUFF". And I would totally love to be able to go to the hair salon and get my natural hair done, eyebrows arched, and a Mani/pedi... I wouldn't know how to act if I had those things done... I'd probably have to be hog tied and put in the south end of the pasture just to keep me tame... LMBO😂😂

I have found that finding me and just being has helped me out tremendously. I have a funny story to share about finding old music you once loved.

I was raised on country, Johnny, Waylon, Loretta, Dolly, some even older. When my eldest was born I didn’t know lullabies so sang The Gambler to her. Last year at Christmas I watched an infomercial for a Time Life DVD collection of CMA performances spanning from 1969 to 2016. I asked for it for Christmas and never got it. My eldest who shares my love of old country has ordered it for me for my birthday. It should be here this week!

The day she sent me money to order it I was getting ready to go to bed and another infomercial came on, this one is called 70’s country. It’s cd’s though, I recorded it and had my daughter watch it with me. We have decided that I could probably build this collection on my own using iTunes cheaper than buying the set.

Moral of the story,I love going back to my childhood through music, but it’s going to be pricy if I’m not careful!

Yes's! I love Country music all the way up to Keith Urban, and Florida Georgia Line... I worked at what was a Truck Stop called Bacon n Eggs... And Conway Twitty, Loretta Lynn, Patsy Cline, Dolly Parton, George Strait, Oak Ridge Boys,
    Johnny Cash, and many others played day and night on the juke box... Loved those memories.
  • Faebert
    Options
    Hi all Thanks for the words of encouragement and support.

I did it! I told him how I felt and said I didn’t feel I could continue. And what then was revealed was really surprising. A whole lot of thoughts he has been having recently and determination to try and better himself and make things work. He said he didn’t want to try and talk his way out of anything but he needed me to know he does think about us and he knows he hasn’t been a good partner recently. And the things he said did make a difference. Maybe not enough to rescue things but definitely enough to make me press pause.

And I feel like something has shifted in me. Before I spoke to him yesterday I went out in the most gorgeous autumn sunshine intending to have a long walk. And then I decided to try running it. I’m quite fit but have never seen myself as a runner. But I ran the whole two miles and actually enjoyed it! I felt so strong when I got back. It made me realise how far I’ve come. And I still feel strong, and I know I will be ok whether I’m with him or not. I didn’t have this kind of self-reliance or strength when my marriage ended.

I haven’t left him with an ultimatum or anything dramatic. I think we both need to think about what’s been said. But now he knows exactly how I feel and if I don’t see any improvement I know I can walk away without any ‘what-ifs’.

So a new week and a new sense of motivation for me.

Sunday goals recap
    - get some activity ✅ two mile run!
    - Have the conversation ✅
    - Can’t remember if I had another one and I’ve lost my post!

Monday goals
    - morning workout
    - Meet friend for coffee at 1:30pm
    - Post and paperwork
    - Put away laundry
    - Hot yoga?
    - Early night
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Weigh-in time... :s

Goal weight: 154
    October 15th: 164.25
    October 22nd: 167.25

Not exactly what I was aiming for!!!

It's also not a surprise. I have been eating way too much, exercising too little and even on the day I exercised I ate back all the calories.

Need to do some serious evaluation of my habits as clearly I am slipping!

This week should be easier than the last week as I don't have any socialising booked in, however last week I overate on the days I didn't socialise too (albeit less) so I can't be complacent.
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Eat slowly and mindfully
    - Be in the green * * * *
    - 2l water
    - No alcohol

- 45 minute lunch break
    - Meditate
    - 2+ of French podcast/ article/ book
    - Finish work at 6pm ***
    - Do French homework
    - Gratitude journal
    - Lights out by 11 LATEST (ideally earlier)
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Sunday

So today:
    - 8 glasses of water ❎
    - Be in the green✔️
    - Exercise❎
    - Take video of the car❎
    - Update diary with important dates for this week.❎

Tips:
    Drink 4 glasses of water by lunch✔️
    Log whilst I'm eating to keep up to date✔️
    Charge the pad, select a video before I intend to work out✔️

Okay so yesterday wasn't perfect but it was a start!
    I was in the green, I did alot of cleaning although didn't manage to finish it all. I only managed 5 glasses of water, but that's still a big improvement! And I followed my tip to drink 4 by lunch time.

I logged as I ate and I did charge the pad. However I got very tired, I've caught my foot on something and there's a tiny cut but it hurts to put weight on. You wouldn't think it looking at it but it hurts a bit lol.

I think overall I did well, I wasn't expecting perfection!

So, onto today..

- 8 glasses of water
    - Be in the green
    - Exercise
    - Take video of the car
    - Update diary!! Need to do this because I know there's lots of school things coming up like walks, disco, parents evening and school photo!