JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    @junodog1 Welcome Back!! :smiley: You have been greatly missed! I've been on and off the board for the last few weeks. I don't know why I'm not consistent any more but that needs to change. I understand about schedule changes screwing things up. I went back to work the end of March and it screwed up my whole rhythm. I need to find a new normal and actually stick to it! I know that we can figure this out together!

That last cup of coffee is seriously calling my name right now! I have five hours of work left though. I don't want to drink it now but my mind and body keep begging me to... Stupid addiction!
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    JFT 7/9
    April challenge: drink 8 cups water (have had 4)
    May challenge: be outside (walked)
    June challenge: Mindful eating regarding emotions, etc. No eating after 830pm
    July challenge: I have prelogged my food and modified it.
    Faith in Action study
    Journal
    Complete household jobs

Peace and joy, y'all!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,730 Member
    Options
    JFT - Sunday July 8
    2l of water - :/ I think only 1.5 I missed one somewhere earlier in the day and I don't like waking during the night so chose not to finish one.
    Stay in maintenance calories - :) Yes, I was a little under 1800
    Outside 15 minutes - :) Yes it was visiting and not exercising, but it was outside enjoying the sunshine
    Write in Journal - :)
    Rest day for exercise - :) This was actually a bit of a struggle, I felt like I should be going for a walk.

JFT - Monday July 9
    2L of Water
    Stay in Green by 150
    Outside 15 Minutes
    Walk tonight
    Write in Journal

I feel like I had a very busy weekend with no downtime but in reality I did have quite a bit of downtime. I usually struggle badly on the weekend with being way over on calories but I did really well both days, even yesterday when I purposely was allowing myself to go into maintenance I didn't go 1000 over or anything. I did find I had to convince myself several times that I didn't need to go for a walk to burn the calories off. My legs were hurting and I didn't want to push it, otherwise I probably would have it was a beautiful evening and hubby was watching things I wasn't interested in on TV.

I had a very exciting meeting yesterday, I will be a shareholder in the new business and my title will be Chief Administrative Officer. The girl meets with a lawyer this week to start the incorporation process and to iron out shareholder agreement packages. I will be a salaried employee as well. I have total faith that this young lady is going to do great things and I feel so blessed and grateful that she wants me to be a part of it.

My Grandson goes to camp for the first time today. It is a 2 night camp at a bible camp that his Dad and grandparents went to growing up. His Great Grandparents paid for him to go and they are taking him and bringing him home. He was quite excited as his mode of transportation getting there is in the motor home. They will be bringing the car back. He thinks it's going to be great fun to drive a house down the road, he is nervous about the camp itself though. I bet after a couple hours he will be having a blast!

Well I should do some work, I have to run up to the store to buy some garbage bags and paper, I'll grab lunch while I"m there. One day last week I was hungry and really wanted McDonald's I treated myself to a happy meal with apple slices instead of fries, what a difference that made in the calorie count and I didn't miss the fries at all! Maybe that is what I will have again today.

Again, I want to say how much I appreciate this group, I feel truly blessed to be a part of it!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    toaljasa wrote: »
    JFT 7/9
    Faith in Action study
    Journal
    Complete household jobs

Peace and joy, y'all!

What is this Faith in Action?
  • HGSmith0920
    edited July 2018
    Options
    @Snowflake1968 I'm so happy to hear about your new job! That's awesome! And it helps that you know the young lady well and that you have total faith in her. That summer camp sounds great! I went to one between the ages of 11-15. I had a blast! I also worked at a scout one when I was 17&18. Those were some of my best memories growing up!
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    I also just realized that Flo comes on Wednesday so that also might be why I've gained the weight back. My body might be hanging onto the water.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    @Snowflake1968 I'm so happy to hear about your new job! That's awesome! And it helps that you know the young lady well and that you have total faith in her. That summer camp sounds great! I went to one between the ages of 11-15. I had a blast! I also worked at a scout one when I was 17&18. Those were some of my best memories growing up!

I went to camp growing up every year as well, I loved it. He will have great memories for sure. I can't wait to see him next Sunday to hear all about it.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,334 Member
    Options
    @Snowflake1968 what an exciting adventure!!! I’m so happy for you!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,069 Member
    Options
    Kind of back! New phone, on android this time, finally realised iPhones suck lol

Pit on the 3lbs I lost. Not drunk hardly any water or logged and just went back to eating biscuits again... In excess.

Anyway the Internet is a bit better with this phone and will be back to normal when we pay the bills on Thursday :)

Does anyone know roughly what page the 6 month goals are on? Forgot what mine were lol
  • nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    @AJB1014 Oooh, sending you good vibes for your house purchasing!

@Snowflake1968, I think this young lady you think so highly of also thinks incredibly highly of you. A salary and stakeholder represents her faith in you. I anticipate vast success and a farewell to the sales calls!
  • toaljasa
    Options
    JFT 7/9
    Faith in Action study
    Journal
    Complete household jobs

Peace and joy, y'all!

It's part of an online Biblical/God based program called Weight Loss God's Way. It has studies (just finished Boundaries and now am in FiA), twice weekly call in's, daily "themed" check in (such as Wednesday weight loss), various exercise videos, etc. WLGW is not just weight loss but all encompassing, and it's up to the member as to how much or how little they want to participate (I don't do the call in sessions but listen to the recordings). However, regarding the studies, there is a definite order to them. Like with anything, it's not for everyone but this and JFT are the two things that are helping me on my journey.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Kind of back! New phone, on android this time, finally realised iPhones suck lol

Pit on the 3lbs I lost. Not drunk hardly any water or logged and just went back to eating biscuits again... In excess.

Anyway the Internet is a bit better with this phone and will be back to normal when we pay the bills on Thursday :)

Does anyone know roughly what page the 6 month goals are on? Forgot what mine were lol

I went back to page 276 and looked for your post regarding your 6 Month Goals. This was the page where it was first mentioned. I can't see where you posted yours at all... did you post them or just think about them, because you did mention that on one of your posts. Do you know how quick you did post them after it was brought up? I can keep looking for you.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    JFT 7/9
    Faith in Action study
    Journal
    Complete household jobs

Peace and joy, y'all!

It's part of an online Biblical/God based program called Weight Loss God's Way. It has studies (just finished Boundaries and now am in FiA), twice weekly call in's, daily "themed" check in (such as Wednesday weight loss), various exercise videos, etc. WLGW is not just weight loss but all encompassing, and it's up to the member as to how much or how little they want to participate (I don't do the call in sessions but listen to the recordings). However, regarding the studies, there is a definite order to them. Like with anything, it's not for everyone but this and JFT are the two things that are helping me on my journey.

Thanks I may just look into this!
  • toaljasa
    Options
    In keeping with our July challenge:
    7vqcfzhj3day.png
  • toaljasa
    Options
    To all the new folk coming on here in the last week or so...on THIS thread the "woo" button means a positive woo-hoo! (this does not hold true for the other MFP threads).
    nsv4gmemngil.png
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    @toaljasa Is there a website for the program you're doing? And I totally love you tracking picture!

@Bex953172 I still need to come up with my 6 month goals! Lol

There's only 2.5 hours left of work before I'm off for two days! I already have to do list written down! Lol. I just need to make through!

Work had been pretty good so far today. A quiet, but peaceful day.

I hope everyone is doing well.
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    I haven’t decided any six month goals either. Maybe something about being more relaxed and balanced in maintenance but that’s pretty wishy washy and hard to measure...

Have reached the end of a ridiculously busy day - over 25000 steps. All this running back and forth between my work and my kids’ school is taking its toll. So tired! Wednesday my girls break up for the summer and I have my class’ big end of year event. So hopefully once I’m past that things will calm down.

Recap Goals for Monday
    - morning workout ✅
    - L graduation show ✅
    - Leave show on time/early to get to work by 10:45 ✅
    - April challenge ✅
    - May challenge ✅
    - June challenge ✅ all these extra steps have given me a huge calorie bank and I was thinking about really going for it but I’m actually just not hungry after my planned dinner and snack. So I’m listening to my body!
    - July challenge ✅ pre-logged most of it
    - Go from work to central London for gift voucher ✅
    - Thank you card ✅
    - Early night ✅

Goals for Tuesday
    - morning workout if not too tired - maybe rest day time!
    - April challenge
    - May challenge
    - June challenge
    - July challenge
    - get to work extra early for display stuff
    - Check laptop situation
    - Online grocery shop
    - Early night

See you back on here tomorrow gang x
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »

I went back to page 276 and looked for your post regarding your 6 Month Goals. This was the page where it was first mentioned. I can't see where you posted yours at all... did you post them or just think about them, because you did mention that on one of your posts. Do you know how quick you did post them after it was brought up? I can keep looking for you.

Poo thank you! I posted mine a few days later just needed a rough guess! I'll go find it now :)
    In keeping with our July challenge:
    7vqcfzhj3day.png

I love the pic!
  • Bex953172
    Options
    AHAHA "Poo thank you" was supposed to be "ooh thank you"