JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Good morning my dears!

How is everyone doing this fine morning? It’s pretty dreary here. It’s 10am(11:30 now) and is dark as twilight. Yesterday was pretty uneventful all though I did get the two things that I have been putting off done. Well…most of it. Lol. The clothing is all clean and folded/hung up. Some of it was still damp but I figured I could let it hang dry. It was already 8:30 at night. I didn’t want to have to put it in for another go and have to go back up and get it later. Lol. I only have a few more dishes to wash as well. Those will be done when I get home. It feels good to have an almost empty sink. Lol. I need to not let it get that bad again. I feel like I say that every week and then the weekend rolls around and I have a sink full of week old dishes. But at least it is pretty much done.

Today is going to be pretty slow. I can already tell. There have been two customers in the bank and it is now after 10. Lol. We’ve been open for an hour and a half and 2 people have come in! This is going to be an excruciating day! I think I am going to leave early today. My overarching goal for this week is to stay within my calories. I really need to get a hold of my anger eating. I think we ate out all week last week. Oh. There was one day I made a crock pot meal but I was so depressed and angry that I almost didn’t eat it.

Okay! Onto goals for the day!

JFT 10-15-18

1. Log all food
    2. Stay within calories
    3. Work 815- 4
    4. Pork chops/rice
    5. Dishes right after dinner
    6. DH time
    7. Lights off by 10:30
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,763 Member
    Options
    JFT - Sunday October 14
    2L of Water - :) Yes, but finished last 500ml too late and ended up not sleeping well all night. Had to get up twice.
    Stay in Maintenance - :) In red by 213
    5 Fruits and Veggies - 4/5
    Walk 1 Mile - :) 2.8 Miles and FINALLY it was nice enough to do it OUTSIDE. It was -8 when I woke up yesterday at 9am, I went for a walk at 730 pm and it was +8. Supposed to be nice all week! I'm so excited by this.
    Craft - :) I have 20 snowmen all ready to glue their hats and scarves on. Then I'll add their buttons and jewels as needed.
    Stay focused! - :)

JFT - Monday October 15
    2L of Water
    Calories in Green by 150
    Move Hourly at Work
    Only 1 Evening Snack
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Walk 1 Mile
    Craft
    Stay focused!

@cschmitz110515 - Love your puppy pic and his name. Congratulations on beating your time on the hill!

@PackerFanInGB - I love Maddie's name, she is adorable. I am so happy for you to have her.

@Bex953172 - Oh Casey is adorable too! Sorry to hear Marley was sick, hope today is going better for you.

@maryrobinson40 - That lullaby is beautiful. I must admit I teared up, thank you so much.

@mytime6630 - So happy to see you had a great day with the grandsons. I had to chuckle about the "amnesia" , where do they come up with these things huh?

@jeschepp - I have to reevaluate my goals and structure too. I seem to be struggling with my weight loss and having the willpower to keep at it this time more than I have the last times I've lost this weight.

@Faebert - Tired and unmotivated... this doesn't surprise me, you have been going strong for the last few weeks sick and under a lot of stress. It will probably take a bit to get your feet back under you 100%.

@slittlemeister - Glad you had a good trip. I have a pair of earrings from Cyprus that were brought back to me as a gift from my Godchildren's father when he went there with the military years ago. Glad to see you back

I don't have a lot to say today, I slept very poorly the last few nights. Not sure what is going on, I seem to fall asleep easily, but am waking up for what seems like hours in the night. Then having very strange dreams. I have a recurring theme in my dreams that I am with old co-workers/friends/family in these abandoned buildings that are all connected we are always trying to find the right direction to go. I'm sure there is some meaning in there somewhere but I've never looked it up. I wish they would stop.

I had a great day with the Grands yesterday as always. I was actually able to get some crafting done even with Michaela's "help". It took me twice as long to sew a little hat for my snowmen as she kept wanting to pull the needle through for me. Jonah crafted with paper and made himself a house with some people.

I have a couple more ideas for some extra wooden plaques I have at the house. I will have to try to get those done this week. Hubby is not doing his share and I'm very concerned I will run out of product at the craft fair next weekend. Hopefully he sees my panic this week and gets to work.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,210 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Weekly weigh in

1st Goal weight:175
    2nd goal weight: 170
    (5'11" tall, 67 years old)

Starting weight Jan 1, 2017: 217
    Jan 1: 217
    Feb 1: 211
    March 1: 205.4
    April 1: 202.6
    May 1: 204.6
    June 1: 200.4
    July 1: 199.2
    August 1: 195.6
    Sept 1: 192.8
    October 1: 191.8
    November 1: 187.7
    December 1: 193.5

Starting weight Jan 1, 2018: 195.5

January 1: 194.5
    Feb 1 : 190.2
    March 1 : 193.6
    April 1: 197.6
    May 1: 197.2
    June 1: 194.6
    July 1: 189.8
    August 1: 190.7
    Sept 1: 194.7
    October 1: 196.6
    October 8: 197.6 --- starting weekly weigh ins.
    October 15: 199.2 -- Son was in town, so I am hoping this is just water/food weight.
  • HEGoddard0928
    Options
    So Friday was our customer appreciation day at work. LM bought way way too much food so now there are baked goods all over the back area! 😣😑😫

It's taking all my willpower to not cave.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,337 Member
    Options
    Just for Sunday
    1. Journal every bite :)
    2. 64+ oz of decaf beverages (water or tea) :(Why do I struggle with this so much?!!!
    3. 5 fruits and veggies :)
    4. 7000 steps :D9537 steps and 10/12 hours active! Yea!
    5. Body :) / Mind :) / Spirit :)Walked with Maddie / Started a new John Grisham book / read scripture verses (John)
    6. Read one chapter :)Yup! See above.
    7. Work on To-Do List :)
    8. Gratitude Journal :) / Simple Abundance :) / Dodie Olsteen Reading :) / Bedtime 10:30 :(
    9. Set alarm for 6:00 and get up in preparation for returning to work 10/22 :#This would be a great big NOPE!

@cschmitz110515 Congrats on the 5K!!! You did great! And yes, you're correct! It's off Military on way to yard waste (we call it the tree dump! LOL). Although Maddie loves it there, I think I like walking much better. I think the Brown County dog park might be more what I'm looking for as it looks larger and has trails and such. :smile:

@mytime6630 Amnesia? Oh my! Very inventive! LOL! Although I have to admit that my husband and I would have reacted the same as you and yours. I would have wanted to take him to the ER and my husband would have told me I was being gullible (which I totally am, by the way)! I'm glad you got to spend time together! (((HUGS)))

@slittlemeister Yea! So glad you had a great time! I missed you while you were gone!

Today, I took a different granddaughter shopping. I'm looking for a few outfits for work before next week. I have been refusing to buy bigger clothes and wear clothes that make me feel uncomfortable or make me feel like I look terrible which is very undermining to a person's confidence level. So...as she says on the Half Size Me podcast...you wouldn't make your children where clothes they had grown out of and feel uncomfortable in, so why do it to yourself? I'm only buying a few outfits though...I don't plan on wearing them long. :smile: Anyway, I had a great time with my granddaughter, K.

I'm running very low on energy today now, so after I run K to a job interview, I plan to lie down with my book and hopefully nap a little bit. Tonight I promised hubby I'd make him lasagna, so that's a plan also. Then tonight, it will be the Packers and Brewers....which are playing at the same time, darn it!

Just for Monday
    1. Journal all food
    2. WATER
    3. Walk Maddie
    4. Start donation box
    5. Body / Mind / Spirit
    6. 5 Freggies
    7. Unplug 9:00 / Gratitude journal 5 things / Jodie Olsteen / Simple Abundance

October Goals
    • Out of the 180's by end of month.
    • Walk 5/7 days per week
    • Increase distance of walk, to park by end of month
    • Swap out seasonal clothing
    • Make appts: Derm, Ophthalmology :) , FP, Day Spa (massage), dentist
    • Return/exchange 2 sweaters
    • Bake 2 Christmas things per weekend

October Challenge - Walk 1 Mile:
    10/1: :smile:
    10/2: :smile:
    10/3: :smile:
    10/4: :smile:
    10/5: :smile:
    10/6: :smile:
    10/7: :smile:
    10/8: :smile:
    10/9: :smile:
    10/10: :frowning: Walked Maddie but was less than a mile in length because didn't want to get caught in rain!
    10/11: :naughty: windy and sore hip = stayed in.
    10/12: :smile: Got my steps in at the dog park with Maddie.
    10/13: :frowning: Watched Brewer game and it was dark and I was no longer motivated by the time it ended!
    10/14: :smile:

• maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Hellooooooo! Lol….
    My energy level is shot. I accomplished nothing today except
    Eating fruit, and a chicken salad made with grapes, celery, chopped pecans, chopped onions, chopped bell pepper, sweet salad cubed pickles, and some type mayo. Green Tea to drink.
    My mind wanted to do, but my body felt like I was steam rolled.
    I prefer natural solutions for health, so I will be doing some reading. I've been moving, but not at the rate that I had been. Guess this is what they mean by "hitting a wall". Any way... Hope to get some energy back soon, in the meantime, I will be moving this body , I refuse to go backwards..Just can't go as hard as I have been, until I get more weight off my knee.. Some of the swelling is down from my knee...been doing the modified bicycle while lying on my back, and quad and abs also.

Thanks for listening💖

• maryrobinson40
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    I'm glad you're feeling better today.
    You and your OH have been through so much! I'm not surprised that you ended up with a big blow out! This is sometimes the way it goes in my relationship too. But it gets things sorted and gets some home truths out!
    And intrusive thoughts are the absolute worst! Big hugs! Know we're all here for you x
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Left Casey with my OH for 10 mins and this...
    8xxjozvgdpgv.jpg

Beautiful Casey
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    Hellooooooo! Lol….
    My energy level is shot. I accomplished nothing today except
    Eating fruit, and a chicken salad made with grapes, celery, chopped pecans, chopped onions, chopped bell pepper, sweet salad cubed pickles, and some type mayo. Green Tea to drink.
    My mind wanted to do, but my body felt like I was steam rolled.
    I prefer natural solutions for health, so I will be doing some reading. I've been moving, but not at the rate that I had been. Guess this is what they mean by "hitting a wall". Any way... Hope to get some energy back soon, in the meantime, I will be moving this body , I refuse to go backwards..Just can't go as hard as I have been, until I get more weight off my knee.. Some of the swelling is down from my knee...been doing the modified bicycle while lying on my back, and quad and abs also.

Thanks for listening💖

I'M RETRACTING THE LAST PART OF WHAT I SAID....
    MARY ROBINSON REPORTING FOR ACTIVE LIFE CHANGE... HOOYAH

JFT
    DON'T CARE WHAT! I COME FIRST!!
    UP AT 4:30a.m.
    PRAYER
    DRINK WATER...16oz.
    Exercise
    DRINK WATER
    SHOWER/DRESS
    EAT LIGHT! EAT RIGHT!
    SPEND AN HOUR READING
    TAKE MEDS AND DRINK WATER
    NOON SURGE!!!.…GET OUT OF THE HOUSE AND GET FRESH AIR
    LUNCH
    1:30-3:30 BREAK (NO CALLS, NO TABLET, NO TV)
    4:15 great nieces home from schoolschool
    Dinner by 5:30p.m.
    Walk
    Read
    Log my day
    Bedtime

THERE IS POWER IN A PUSH!!🙌🔥

• HEGoddard0928
    Options
    So I thought that I posted my weight for last week... Well I can't find it if I did. Lol.

It's after 10 tonight so I think I'll wait until tomorrow morning to do it. Lol
  • HEGoddard0928
    Options

JFT 10-15-18

1. Log all food 😀
    2. Stay within calories 😑
    3. Work 815- 4 😀
    4. Pork chops/rice 😀
    5. Dishes right after dinner 😀
    6. DH time 😀
    7. Lights off by 10:30 🤣 Forgot that I get to go in late tomorrow so I'm going to go to bed later

• jeschepp
    jeschepp Posts: 307 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    This will be a quick one. Meant to be working on good bedtime/wakeup times. Whoops! Also I forgot to add my weigh in on Sunday, so I'll add it tonight. Also! I could use some help with bad weather/winter exercise ideas (basically indoor exercise). I have been slacking since 1) it has been raining here almost non-stop for 2 weeks and 2) the nights get dark so early! I have enjoyed being active and want to continue. I do have a set up to use my bike as an indoor stationary bike. Gym membership is not in the budget, but I do have space for some aerobics and two sets of hand weights. Ideas please!

Highest weight, January: 200
    July (started MFP & Mayo Clinic Diet): 190
    Today: 171
    End of year goal: 164 (in the "normal" range for me)
    Ultimate goal: 150

For today:
    Drink 80 oz. of water ✅
    Healthy eating, 1.2k to 1.4k calories :( I gave in to the call of the PIZZA booooo
    All 5 food groups :( curse the PIZZA booooo
    Exercise 30 minutes or do 1 mile :( late night
    1 hour TV max, not while eating ✅
    Track food and exercise ✅
    8 hours sleep ✅

For tomorrow:
    I will get up at 6:00 NO SNOOZE!
    Drink 80 oz. of water
    Healthy eating, 1.2k to 1.4k calories
    All 5 food groups
    Exercise 30 minutes before work
    1 hour TV max, not while eating
    Track food and exercise
    Bed at 9:30 (read until 10).
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    @maryrobinson40 - great attitude! Take your time building up the fitness and keep the focus. You’ve got this!!

@PackerFanInGB - look after yourself and your recovery! You’re doing great x

@HEGoddard0928 - argh the temptation! Wouldn’t blame you if you caved. Glad to hear you sounding positive and see those smiley faces x

@cschmitz110515 - congrats on the race! You’re smashing it!

@slittlemeister - welcome back!

@Bex953172 - messy Casey is so cute!

I had an ok day yesterday. Back to my workout which felt brilliant! And very productive at work. Some big boyfriend trouble though. And felt sad last night so ate too much sugary stuff. I’m cross with myself. Because I know logically that it doesn’t help anything. But I just get that ‘screw it, I don’t care’ rebellious mentality. And that is very difficult to overcome in the heat of the moment.

Not going to beat myself up. New day today. Hugs to you all x

Monday goals recap
    - morning workout ✅ 😀
    - Leave early for work ❎
    - Print revised script✅
    - Fix PowerPoint and video ✅
    - Reply to Head, appraisal after half term✅
    - Rearrange IM meeting✅
    - Call mum at lunchtime✅
    - Call vet at lunchtime ❎ think he’s ok actually 🤞🏼
    - Hang me-maps before leaving ❎
    - Leave by 6✅

Tuesday goals
    - morning workout
    - Ask TA to photocopy English and RE examples
    - Check stockroom for acetate
    - Email H parents for meeting
    - Notes on G mum meeting
    - Update pastoral spreadsheet
    - Car at lunchtime?
    - Phone parents
    - Hang me-maps and set up benches for assembly before leaving. Props ready.
    - Hot yoga after work? Check on girls’ plans
    - Early night
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    jeschepp wrote: »
    This will be a quick one. Meant to be working on good bedtime/wakeup times. Whoops! Also I forgot to add my weigh in on Sunday, so I'll add it tonight. Also! I could use some help with bad weather/winter exercise ideas (basically indoor exercise). I have been slacking since 1) it has been raining here almost non-stop for 2 weeks and 2) the nights get dark so early! I have enjoyed being active and want to continue. I do have a set up to use my bike as an indoor stationary bike. Gym membership is not in the budget, but I do have space for some aerobics and two sets of hand weights. Ideas please!

I do a workout DVD, I try to do it once or twice a week. It's great in bad weather as you don't have to leave home to do it! The one I use is Davina McCall. It's actually very intense - I did the Tone one on Sunday and I'm hurting two days later! My arms and legs have both slimmed since using it, I think! On the DVD I use, one is just cardio and the other incorporates some weights. I steal my boyfriend's, so you might want to get some. Alternatively, you could use food items e.g. food tons, bottles of water which is what I did before I realised my boyfriend had weights :smile:
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Yesterday's commitments:

- Log everything I eat :smile:
    - Stick to food plan :smile:
    - Eat slowly and mindfully :neutral:
    - Be in the green :smile:
    - 3+ bottles water :smile:
    - No alcohol :smiley: Though once again I cheated with tonic water so I felt like I was drinking... Need to wean myself off that!
    - 30+ minutes lunch break :smile:
    - Meditate :smile:
    - Finish work by 6.30pm :/ 7.15. But I needed to get some hours logged as am going to struggle to get my hours done this week
    - French homework :/ Was too tired after leaving late
    - Gratitude journal :smile:
    - French book :/ Too tired
    - Lights out by 11 :smile:

Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Stick to food plan
    - Eat slowly and mindfully
    - Be in the green
    - 3+ bottles water

- 30+ minute lunch break
    - Meditate
    - Do some French homework
    - Finish work at 6pm
    - Quality time with boyfriend
    - Gratitude journal
    - Lights out by 11
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,079 Member
    Options
    October Challenge - Daily Mile

Oct 1: N/A
    Oct 2: N/A
    Oct 3:✔️
    Oct 4:✔️
    Oct 5:✔️
    Oct 6:❎
    Oct 7:❎
    Oct 8:❎
    Oct 9:✔️
    Oct 10:❎
    Oct 11:✔️
    Oct 12:✔️
    Oct 13:❎
    Oct 14:❎
    Oct 15:✔️

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,079 Member
    Options
    Cannot find last week's weigh in at all so just gonna start again from today!

Oct 16: 181 :angry:
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Monday
    1. Rest day - no run. Pack lunch. Feed cats. Morning meds. Tea! Log 1 item. PACK SHOES.
    2. Add "Powerlessness" reflection to Monday plans. Review Week 12 plans and submit. Print plans. Print poems. Enter grades. Bring books in from car.
    3. Class 2-3: Poetry; doodle stories, TPCASTT practice, choose poems.
    4. Class 4 - Poetry; TPCASTT practice, choose poems.
    5. Review discussion posts. Review semester plan. What is my purpose for each unit? Sketch out semester block.
    6. Update class websites. WRITE DISCUSSION POST. Check and print poetry requirements.
    7. Strength 4:30. Zumba 5:30. Groceries. Walk to 10k.
    8. Prep Tue lunch - beef stew. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 5:50.

JFT Tuesday
    1. AM easy run: 2 miles, aim for <30 min. Feed cats. Shower. Meds. Tea! Log 1 item.
    2. WRITE DISCUSSION POST AND RESPONSES. Draft week 13. Draft program. Print poetry checklist.
    3. Class 2-3: Poetry; Figurative language, choose poems. BE SURE TO GO OVER REFLECTION.
    4. Class 4 - Poetry; Figurative language, choose poems. COLLECT PROGRESS REPORTS. Update class websites.
    5. Review discussion posts. Review semester plan. What is my purpose for each unit? Sketch out semester block.
    6. Zumba 5:30. Quiz. Draft essay.
    7. Update iTunes playlists; check for missing songs.
    8. Prep Wed lunch - saag. Chop celery. Prep oatmeal for breakfast. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 4:50.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    February 2018: 173.6
    March 2018: 179.6
    July 2018: 189.6
    August 2018: 187.4
    September: 186.4
    Today: 189.4

Upcoming to-do:
    1. Develop 5PE mini-unit. Use after JC as a sponge; combine with challenge books. Maybe a comparison with another required text? Have students ask a parent or teacher what the most significant text they studied was, and then create a comparison between their challenge book and that text - which has more value and why? Possibly do the one-sheet as an assessment.
    2. Write next blog post. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check on #engchat on Mondays at 7?
    3. Keep track of medical stuffs. Dentist? Appt w D 10/22 9:20; McC 10/22 10:15. Also Feb 7 9:30 w Ac Int. Sub already set up.
    4. Convert lesson plans to unit format. Create rubric for one-pager. Revise research checklists!
    5. Check on conference; follow up on seminar proposal. Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Can poetry unit be condensed?
    6. Go to used bookstore and look for Beauty (McKinley), Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman) and The Prince (tr. Tim Parks).
    7. Put jewelry away. Yikes! Reinforce patches on old pants.
    8. Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac.
    9. Make plan for classroom observations; ask other teachers about projects or lessons they feel confident about.
    10. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another.
    11. Design minibuttons with school logo, mascot, crest. Minibuttons that say THIS IS WHAT ANTIFASCISM LOOKS LIKE. White text on black bars on red background.
  • HEGoddard0928
    Options
    Can't find my weigh in post so I'm gonna do a quick one.

10/16/18- 162.3
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Back again after I was locked out of my account. I tried to reset my password before the weekend - but the forgot my password link was not coming thru. Turns out it comes from Under Armor, not MFP so I missed it until Monday when I figured it out. I celebrated with food all weekend, didnt log, and dont regret one bit of it! My celebrations carried over into yesterday when my mom wanted to have a "last meal" before she starts eating better again. It's funny - shes naturally thin - but always has do to a "last meal" before she starts eating healthy again but I never notice that shes NOT eating healthy or gaining weight. Anyway back at it today - had my smoothie, fish oil and took my meds already - it's easier for me to have a good day when I start out positive and hitting my goals.

JFT Tuesday
    1. Prelog food
    2. Three waters before lunch, two after, one with dinner
    3. Hit benchmarks for current project by end of day at work
    4. Practice 5 minutes diaphragmatic breathing
    5. Cook dinner at home - eat the proper portion size
    6. Ten squats per bathroom trip

JFT Wednesday Morning
    1. Wake up at first stirring - 6AM
    2. Smoothie for breakfast
    3. Take fish oil