Any Vegans? Or vegetarians out there?

Replies

• I'm vegan if anyone wants to be friends 😀
  • carlaringuette
    carlaringuette Posts: 158 Member
    I am a wannabe whole foods plant based person. It's still a work in progress. Definitely vegetarian at home but when we go out or to events that is still a challenge. We do the best we can.

I have a lot of food allergies and I feel 100 percent better when I am on track.

Went to a corporate event today and was blessed to have a vegetarian option but I think the sauce had dairy because my tummy is not too happy right now.

All you veggie folks feel free to add me.

We actually met Rip Essylstyn from Engine Two and Josh Lajuenie at a talk they gave at Barnes and Noble. I was star struck. Lol

• You're definitely not the only one, I'm vegeterian myself:) The most difficult for me at the moment is hitting my protein target, especially because I'm allergic to nuts and don't tolerate any protein powders

Yes that protein macro is tough. I never reach it. I have been a bit cautious of protein powders as I like to eat whole foods. Thete might be some good ones out there I haven't done any research on it. But I found some hemp seed powder today and keen to give it a try in my "pimped" smoothie (thank you for the recipe!) It seems quite high in protein. Can you have hemp seeds?

CBD oil.

• JRSINAZ
    JRSINAZ Posts: 158 Member
    I'm WFPB add me please. My diary is open to friends
  • penywho
    penywho Posts: 6 Member
    Ovo-lacto vegetarian here. Between protein shakes and beans/nuts I hit the protein target (and then some) every day. As a person who is over 50 I’m sort of obsessed about maintaining muscle mass.
  • gordiednutt
    gordiednutt Posts: 1 Member
    I'm also trying to move towards a complete plant food diet. Has anyone tried any of the Organifi product range? Stumbled across this video on it but am a bit comprehensive about the price. Ingredients look spot on http://prosperitiilife.home.blog/2018/10/20/losing-weight-with-green-juice/

Also can anyone recommend a good Vegan protein shake?
  • orochiwarrior
    orochiwarrior Posts: 97 Member
    I’m vegan, trying to get onto a whole foods plant based diet. Feel free to add me everyone
  • Jennifer1Gore
    Jennifer1Gore Posts: 6 Member
    Vegetarian here. Slowly cutting out dairy. Really cheese is all that's left to cut (Texan in me can't quit queso yet) I make my own soy yogurt and live for almond milk, Im not gluten free so I praise seitan and always hit my protein goals.
  • AvocadoKell
    AvocadoKell Posts: 1 Member
    Vegan for 13 years, but not a “whole food” diet. I eat relatively healthy but it’s a mix. :)
  • I’m a vegan :)
  • whitneyava194
    whitneyava194 Posts: 1 Member
    I have been wanting to try the beyond meat products are they really as good as they claim?
  • rkk1
    rkk1 Posts: 18 Member
    edited October 2018
    I've been about 99% vegan as well for the last 15 years (though have reverted to lacto-vegetarian on and off.). Would be happy to make vegan fitness buddies on here as well. :)
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    I have been wanting to try the beyond meat products are they really as good as they claim?

I really like them, especially the burger.
  • LongTallSally76
    LongTallSally76 Posts: 19 Member
    I'm vegan. I like to make most of my meals from scratch to prove to everyone that it it is really easy to eat well as a vegan. Just made some really yummy vegan cheese (and healthier than real cheese) this weekend. I'd love to connect with other vegans for good food ideas.
  • KungfuPandin
    KungfuPandin Posts: 90 Member
    Vegan cheese! I really need to learn how to make this.
  • RideLiftRun
    RideLiftRun Posts: 23 Member
    Another long term lacto ovo vegetarian here. Eggs and yogurt are my friends, also cottage cheese, lots of legumes, tofu, seeds and nuts and such like, it all adds up. I do use whey to make up a shortage if I need to, but prefer food sources when it's possible.
  • janejellyroll

It's a game-changer.
  • RideLiftRun
    RideLiftRun Posts: 23 Member

It's a game-changer.

Does anyone have a recipe, or a link to a good one please?
  • youngcaseyr
    youngcaseyr Posts: 293 Member
    PigHerder wrote: »
    Hello. Another herbivore here. I describe myself as "mostly vegan", because I am vegan 99% of the time. But my mother can not deal with the "no dairy" concept at all, so when I visit her, I have to temporarily revert to vegetarianism. And when I travel in Europe, vegan options are thin on the ground outside the big cities so sometimes you have to compromise! Hey ho - it's not about being perfect.

I've been (mostly) vegan for 3 years now. It's second nature at this point. I love fruit and veg so it's pretty easy. But I've been a bit too carb-dependent so I'm working hard on tackling my carb addiction, and trying to up my plant based proteins. Legumes/Quinoa FTW! :smile:

Me too! I've been vegetarian for 14 years. I eat vegan most of the time, but none of my family or friends are vegan or vegetarian so I occasionally make an exception for impromptu social circumstances. Most of the time I have something with me that I can eat instead, or I stick to potato and vegetable sides on a menu, but not everyone/ everywhere is as flexible for me.

I visited my sister in Hamburg at the end of summer and I guess I'm lucky that I was actually able to find a lot of vegan options in the grocery stores, and most of the restaurants we went to had at least one vegan option.
  • janejellyroll

It's a game-changer.

Does anyone have a recipe, or a link to a good one please?

"Artisan Vegan Cheese" by Miyoko Shinner is where I get most of mine from.