Options

Replies

• icemom011
    icemom011 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    psychod787 wrote: »
    vegmebuff wrote: »
    icemom011 wrote: »
    @pinggolfer96 , obviously it was a food challenge, so it has to have the prize? What did you win?

T-shirt and the meal lol. And then I won some self pride and great photos for Instagram in just completing it😂😂 not serious on that part really lol but T-shirt and a meal.

You should have gotten two T-shirts for finishing your families meals too...oh, and the bacon too :D
    (you remind me of my brother at your age...man, could he 'put it away' - He always started and ended his day with a box of cereal and milk and would eat X-Lrg. homemade fully loaded pizzas and the like all day it seemed. He looked like you too! Now he's in his mid fifties and is overweight...)

Don't get me wrong, I probably could finish it. Loli can plow through some food. Talking to a man who eats 2-3 lbs of veggies some days.

My lunch has more than 3 lbs of veggies, lol. Plus dinner. Sometimes even breakfast. Is stretched stomach a real thing? Ugh
  • Beckenzahler
    Beckenzahler Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Just received 500g of xantham and guar gum respectively. Guess Im gonna try out all the fluff recipes in this thread :)
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    psychod787 wrote: »
    icemom011 wrote: »
    @pinggolfer96 , obviously it was a food challenge, so it has to have the prize? What did you win?

T-shirt and the meal lol. And then I won some self pride and great photos for Instagram in just completing it😂😂 not serious on that part really lol but T-shirt and a meal.

You should have gotten two T-shirts for finishing your families meals too...oh, and the bacon too :D
    (you remind me of my brother at your age...man, could he 'put it away' - He always started and ended his day with a box of cereal and milk and would eat X-Lrg. homemade fully loaded pizzas and the like all day it seemed. He looked like you too! Now he's in his mid fifties and is overweight...)

Don't get me wrong, I probably could finish it. Loli can plow through some food. Talking to a man who eats 2-3 lbs of veggies some days.

Thats child's play.

Well as 2lbs of meat on top of that some days, I don't count the potatoes as veggies either. Lol
  • janicelo1971
    janicelo1971 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    wonk...wonk...my protein fluff, tried making today -chocolate flavored and it was editable, but not anything like what is appears it suppose to be:( I did use diet pepsi and splenda and whey protein as was as some cocoa powder. i felt like I kept having to double the dose of xanthin gum and still didn't come out so well:( I also tried it with out the splenda and almond milk and used sprite zero and again mixed for 10-15 minutes with poor results also...??ugzo3maz3o0i.jpg
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    I can't do the protein fluff. It always turned out gross for me. The protein ice cream is amazing though. I still eat that every night!
  • janicelo1971
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    I can't do the protein fluff. It always turned out gross for me. The protein ice cream is amazing though. I still eat that every night!

how do u make that differently? i have a ninja blender and kitchen aide mixer...i cant do dairy..any help would be appreciated! thanks

• kelly_c_77
    Options
    I use a Ninja too.
    I start with a bunch of ice..enough to just cover the tops of the blades. Blend and turn it into snow. Scrape it down and add 60ml(1/4 cup) sugar free pancake syrup and about 6 oz of cashew milk. Blend and scrape. Add 3g of xanthan gum and 28g protein powder. Blend and scrape. Then I do a splash of sugar free/calorie free syrup and blend until it becomes big and fluffy. I usually top with a dash of sea salt, sugar free chocolate syrup and some more sugar free syrup.
  • janicelo1971
    Options
    I use a Ninja too.
    I start with a bunch of ice..enough to just cover the tops of the blades. Blend and turn it into snow. Scrape it down and add 60ml(1/4 cup) sugar free pancake syrup and about 6 oz of cashew milk. Blend and scrape. Add 3g of xanthan gum and 28g protein powder. Blend and scrape. Then I do a splash of sugar free/calorie free syrup and blend until it becomes big and fluffy. I usually top with a dash of sea salt, sugar free chocolate syrup and some more sugar free syrup.

Thank you!! Im going to try this tomorrow...about about "fluffed" and "proteined" out for the day! LOL
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Huge plate of stir fried veggies for around 120 calories. First picture is after adding all my spices that I mixed in (no salt salt, Italian seasoning, onion powder, truvia)onm2esuunaf1.jpeg
    xchpz0a8ucvq.jpeg
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    Options
    Huge plate of stir fried veggies for around 120 calories. First picture is after adding all my spices that I mixed in (no salt salt, Italian seasoning, onion powder, truvia)onm2esuunaf1.jpeg
    xchpz0a8ucvq.jpeg

These are veggie noodles? Curious...what are they?
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    xchpz0a8ucvq.jpeg

No, tofu ones! I usually hate tofu noodles and cant stand the smell or texture. I've been against them for years after originally trying them and eating them a few times. I found these had no fishy smell and were much better in texture than other brands I've tried. I was pleasantly surprised. Maybe all brands have improved since I used to buy them 2 years ago. 59uxorhb6q0i.jpg
  • vegmebuff
    Options
    xchpz0a8ucvq.jpeg

No, tofu ones! I usually hate tofu noodles and cant stand the smell or texture. I've been against them for years after originally trying them and eating them a few times. I found these had no fishy smell and were much better in texture than other brands I've tried. I was pleasantly surprised. Maybe all brands have improved since I used to buy them 2 years ago. 59uxorhb6q0i.jpg

Thanks for the info! Just located some in my city and will trying them...one more question - Where are they kept? Are they refrigerated in the produce section?
  • vegmebuff
    Options
    xchpz0a8ucvq.jpeg

Thanks for the info! Just located some in my city and will trying them...one more question - Where are they kept? Are they refrigerated in the produce section?

For me they are on the shelf. But when I bring them home they go into the fridge.
    You can easily buy them from lowcarbcanada.ca web site. I also think they have a store out west.

Thanks 'Crazy'!
  • janicelo1971
    Options
    I use a Ninja too.

Help! i think i just used too much ice? i filled to top of blades and had to use double the syrup(gross) and never ended with anything fluffy? it it be the whey?cs64dzknanct.jpg

• kelly_c_77
    Options
    Ahh! I don't know?! Maybe the blades come up higher on your model...making it too much ice? Did you add the exact amounts of the other ingredients (besides adding the extra syrup)? I make 2 batches of it every night and do it the exact same way every time. It always comes out like a big bowl of delicious soft serve!
  • hcdo
    hcdo Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried making protein fluff with plant-based protein powders? Does it work?
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    hcdo wrote: »
    Has anyone tried making protein fluff with plant-based protein powders? Does it work?

Same question. I've only seen people say it wouldn't work but never feedback if anyone ever tried to do it.
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options

I think it works better actually. Dependent upon the protein but mine makes it thicker than whey/ casein!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options

I think it works better actually. Dependent upon the protein but mine makes it thicker than whey/ casein!

Wow really?! Thanks for letting us know because I've always heard people saying it wouldn't work because non-whey won't "fluff" well, but never seen someone try. If you try it @hcdo please share how it turns out and I will do the same!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    edited October 2018
    Options

Wow really?! Thanks for letting us know because I've always heard people saying it wouldn't work because non-whey won't "fluff" well, but never seen someone try. If you try it @hcdo please share how it turns out and I will do the same!

Fluffing is done by introduction of Xantham gum. This is what adds the volume.

Okay, so I use...

- 1 serving powder
    - 0.5cup silk cashew vanilla
    - 0.25cup walden farms pancake syrup
    - 0.5tsp xantham gum

First with a tray of ice I blend until like snow and then add all of the add ins and blend? How long do I blend for to get it to whip? How long do you guys usually blend each step for? Is there a post with a detailed recipe in this thread somewhere? I am afraid to try and fail, lol. Is it better to use a food processor or vitamix blender or hand mixer?

Sorry to ask you guys to repeat your recipes if you posted, but you guys have it perfected so I want to follow it exactly.