Is it possible for me to build a good body?

Options
Have never exercised before, planning to start it right away, also take whey protein.

But there is a doubt in my mind, is it possible for the body type I have right now to gain good weight (muscle) without looking bad.

I mean, my face structure and body gonna sync properly right? I mean not look odd.
I am a very thin guy. You can check my DP.

Replies

• GreatApe2017
    GreatApe2017 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    What do you have to loose by trying?
  • SuryaGhosh
    SuryaGhosh Posts: 6 Member
    Options

Good question. I am just curious.

Btw the last time I tried taking whey proteins without joining a gym and I end up getting jaundice. Though did little bit of exercises at that time in house but may be that exercise wasn't sufficient for the amount of protein I was taking.
  • joinn68
    joinn68 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    You don't get enough protein in your diet? Why do you take whey protein?
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    SuryaGhosh wrote: »

Btw the last time I tried taking whey proteins without joining a gym and I end up getting jaundice. Though did little bit of exercises at that time in house but may be that exercise wasn't sufficient for the amount of protein I was taking.

Do you mean you think you can gain muscle from supplements without exercising? Because this is not going to happen.
  • SuryaGhosh
    Options
    LKArgh wrote: »

Do you mean you think you can gain muscle from supplements without exercising? Because this is not going to happen.

I believe, that was a mistake in my thinking. (a bad past)

I will be joining gym soon. But my question is, my body type/structure is made for gym?
    I heard many stories, where the person failed to develop body despite hitting gym.
  • SuryaGhosh
    Options
    joinn68 wrote: »
    You don't get enough protein in your diet? Why do you take whey protein?

To be honest NO.
    1) I do not eat much.
    2) My metabolism is high. i.e. my body burns more energy to do the same tasks than an average person.

Btw right now, I am not taking whey after that incident. I may take after I join gym.
  • staticsplit
    staticsplit Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Any body type is fine for the gym. It'll depend more on what your specific goals. You're being a bit vague at the moment--how tall are you, what's your weight, and how many calories do you eat per day? What type of physique are you aiming for?

Those who didn't hit those goals probably weren't as dedicated as they could have been. Training consistently and having a plan at the gym, eating the right number of calories for what you're aiming for (surplus for muscle building, maintenance for recomp, deficit for cutting), and being consistent will generate results. Bodies are pretty good machines at the end of the day.
  • SuryaGhosh
    Options
    Any body type is fine for the gym. It'll depend more on what your specific goals. You're being a bit vague at the moment--how tall are you, what's your weight, and how many calories do you eat per day? What type of physique are you aiming for?

Those who didn't hit those goals probably weren't as dedicated as they could have been. Training consistently and having a plan at the gym, eating the right number of calories for what you're aiming for (surplus for muscle building, maintenance for recomp, deficit for cutting), and being consistent will generate results. Bodies are pretty good machines at the end of the day.

1) My height is 175cm, I am 22 years old.
    2) Weight 55kg.
    3) I eat about 1400 calories per day.
    4) What type of physique I am aiming for? Atleast this: https://imgur.com/a/u4rba11
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options

2) Weight 55kg.
    4) What type of physique I am aiming for? Atleast this: https://imgur.com/a/u4rba11

There is no exercise that will help you, because you are literally starving yourself.
    Forget the gym and any type of exercise until you get your BMI to healthy by eating enough.
    For a person with your age and height, even if you do nothing all day other than move from couch to bed, this would be something like 1900-2000 calories, more if you are in general active in your daily life.
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    Anyone can benefit from working out. The important thing is to research properly and match you diet and exercise to your intended goal. A workout plan needs to match your goals or you will waste time, lose confidence and be defeated before you begin.

If you want to gain muscle mass, there are proven effective ways to reach that goal. Supplements may help, but it sounds like you were jumping into this without much of a plan. It will take time, especially if genetically you are predisposed to being thin but I have seen many thin people add muscle without the use of supplements. It isn't hard to eat more, there are lots of protein rich , calorie dense foods out there that are cheaper than protein powder! I have the opposite problem, I gain weight very easily which can cause me to balloon up in weight in only a few short months of inactivity and sloppy eating.

Don't listen to friends, get professional advice from a trainer or do lots of research yourself. Plenty of good books and websites that can steer you in the right direction.
    Good luck.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

2) Weight 55kg.

Why are you eating so little?
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,154 Member
    Options

Fat and extra weight???? :p
  • ImSoSquishy
    ImSoSquishy Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    while we can all shred fat and gain muscle to look better physically, there are some genetic things we have no control over. like say-- some people who won the genetic lottery to have great looking and neatly stacked abs, while others who are less fortunate will have one side higher than the other, or a gap somewhere between. but you'll still look great though.
  • ImSoSquishy
    ImSoSquishy Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    while we can all shred fat and gain muscle to look better physically, there are some genetic things we have no control over. like say-- some people who won the genetic lottery to have great looking and neatly stacked abs, while others who are less fortunate will have one side higher than the other, or a gap somewhere between. but you'll still look great though.
  • Redordeadhead
    Redordeadhead Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    You need to eat more! 1400 calories is definitely not enough.
  • motivatedmartha
    motivatedmartha Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    If you have difficulty eating volume then go for very calorie dense stuff to up your calories and your protein- nuts, nut butters, avocado, meat, eggs etc. Eat little and often if big meals leave you feeling stuffed or overfaced. In terms of improving your physique - you are 22 - still young and if my son was anything to go by, still developing. Be kind to yourself, learn good eating habits, find a sport/activity you enjoy and learn to do it properly.Take good care of your health, your physique will develop naturally. If you really want to help along the muscle development I suggest you do join a gym and seek professional support at first so that you can achieve your aims in a safe and sustainable manner. Best wishes from a mum of a skinny son of 22 who has now developed into a well muscled and healthy man of 28 :D
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,907 Member
    Options

2) Weight 55kg.

Eat more, including more protein (ideally from food, but whey is OK if you can't do food), and start weight training with a good program.

This link, previously posted, has good strength training programs: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you

This link, previously posted, lists many good protein sources: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10247171/carbs-and-fats-are-cheap-heres-a-guide-to-getting-your-proteins-worth-fiber-also

I'm a freakin' little old lady, only 165 cm, and 62 years old. I would lose weight quite speedily on 1400 calories, even though I'm at a healthy weight already. You're a young man, taller than me, possibly still growing. There's no way 1400 calories is enough for you, even if you lie in bed all day.

Everyone's genetic potential is different, but you can definitely get closer to the look you hope for, by increasing your muscle mass, which will include gaining some weight.
  • CowboySar
    CowboySar Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Get you diet in check and eat.

Hit the gym and follow some of the beginner routines for building strength ie SL5X5 to build your foundation.

I am not sure if I mentioned it or not......EAT
  • latestarter75
    latestarter75 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Anyone can build a good body but whatever you do in the gym is only going to be as effective as your nutrition allows,so get the diet nailed then the training and the rest,without those 3 things you’ll never progress as well as you could, my advise if you have the funds is get a coach to get you started and a good one. The internet is a great source of knowledge the problem is for every good bit of information there’s 100’s of terrible bits