Anyone noticed people are nicer when you’re skinnier?

Options
Acquaintances seem to be friendlier towards me than they used to be when I was fatter. Anyone else experience this?

Replies

• amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    I haven't noticed any difference in how people treat me. Either I'm not very observant or people don't treat me differently.
  • dave_in_ni
    dave_in_ni Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Yes I noticed this when I lost 60lbs. I also noticed getting looks from the opposite sex, something which would never have happened when I was fat.
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Much so...really does pay to be fitter in terms of opening more opportunities with more favorable outcomes for school/job interviews.
  • MsBaz2018
    MsBaz2018 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    OP, search for the thread Unexpected results of weight loss. You'll see lots of people saying the same thing
  • MsBaz2018
    MsBaz2018 Posts: 384 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    itzcath wrote: »
    Absoultey YES. first thing I noticed was after losing 50 people stopped going sideways and avoiding eye contact passing me in the hall in my office building (I always walk straight forward). I am also no longer "invisible" in stores or in public like I used to be. People and staff will actually approach, talk to and help me. I also notice people actually looking at me in my periferal vision (again no longer invsible). I have always been very aware of people around me and I have always been very friendly.

Just curious : do you know at which weight you stopped being invisible? Were you normal weight? Overweight? Obese but not that much?
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Some of it may be your own increased confidence. Confidence and positive vibes will make anyone more approachable.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    It’s more like observing differences in behavior (more people initiating conversation, more smiling, etc), rather than assuming thoughts.

And your behaviour hasn't changed at all since losing weight?
  • long_for_me
    long_for_me Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Yes, they do. Random people make me compliments. This did not happen 24lbs ago...I still have 70 to go, but the more weight I lose, the more attention I get. For me, the attention starts around BMI of 31 and peaks at BMI24...
  • bdgfn
    bdgfn Posts: 7,719 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have definitely noticed it, though mostly from people who I don't know or interact with on a regular basis, such as people I often pass on the street.