fasting one day a week?

2»

Replies

• CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    IMO, trying to lose a pound a week when your BMI is already under 25 is probably too aggressive to be very healthy and won't help you with knowing how to eat when you stop losing. You are trying to lose at more than double that rate. You are proposing averaging under 1200 calories a day, which is something that can get threads shut down if it is perceived that anyone is promoting that idea. This is a very bad plan; you need to slow down the rate of loss. Why do you feel like you need such a low target?
  • shw112
    shw112 Posts: 60 Member
    IMO, trying to lose a pound a week when your BMI is already under 25 is probably too aggressive to be very healthy and won't help you with knowing how to eat when you stop losing. You are trying to lose at more than double that rate. You are proposing averaging under 1200 calories a day, which is something that can get threads shut down if it is perceived that anyone is promoting that idea. This is a very bad plan; you need to slow down the rate of loss. Why do you feel like you need such a low target?

I know that my BMI is technically within the healthy rage, but I find it hard to trust that result when looking in the mirror I can just see that I have a lot of excess weight. Some days I feel so huge i honestly can't understand how my weight could be categorised as 'healthy'. I'm not sure whether or not this is just a result of being overweight for my entire adolescence and having something of a warped body image, or whether the whole BMI thing is just way too generalising to take into account all body types.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    shw112 wrote: »

I know that my BMI is technically within the healthy rage, but I find it hard to trust that result when looking in the mirror I can just see that I have a lot of excess weight. Some days I feel so huge i honestly can't understand how my weight could be categorised as 'healthy'. I'm not sure whether or not this is just a result of being overweight for my entire adolescence and having something of a warped body image, or whether the whole BMI thing is just way too generalising to take into account all body types.

The mirror is a lying *kitten* sometimes. Particularly if you have underlying body image issues, do not trust it. @quiksylver296 advice about lifting is excellent! It will serve the dual purpose of giving you something to focus on besides weight loss while also improving your body composition and appearance.
  • HCDixon91
    HCDixon91 Posts: 2 Member
    I do 36-40 hours sun- evenings until Tuesday morning so really just Monday I don’t eat anything at all. For me it works and it’s a great reset if I over indulge on the weekend.