People Bashing MFP, How do I react to them

Options
13»

Replies

• elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    Well, I don't count calories..but I love this website and I understand counting calories works for A LOT of people. Different people = different solutions; plain and simple. Coming here and reading the forums is motivational, educational, and supportive. I'd ignore the knowitall "friend." .
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    When I'm in a pleasant mood my response to this sort of comment is to smile and say, "I'm sure you're right and that's very good advice but I'm not going to take it." That usually makes the nosy Parker laugh and stop bothering me.
  • andreascjonsson
    andreascjonsson Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I just tell them i lost 21 kg and gained a much fitter body and then ask them how much they have lost. Its hard for them to counter with anything.
  • RredSonja
    RredSonja Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I’ve had people tell me ‘you cant count calories forever’...

Oh, I’ve had people lay that one on me. I generally ignore passive aggressive and jealous comments, and just change the subject. But one person who I have to see daily kept it up, and I kind of lost it. I told her ‘You can’t be a pain in the *kitten* every day either...or can you?’
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Pat them on the head, chuckle and say "That's nice, dear". :D
  • gojolida
    gojolida Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    everybody's different! do what works for you, and don't pay attention to haters. people always want to feel like they're right!!
  • bruinsgirl3319
    bruinsgirl3319 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    People who criticize others' choices publicly clearly have problems themselves. I interact with the public on a near daily basis with my job (cashier), and I always have the weird ones who come through my line. I don't say a word to them aloud, and if I ever have the urge to say something I have to remind myself EVERYONE'S SITUATION IS DIFFERENT. Same thing applies here. If it's "weird" to one person, it's normal for another.

As the old saying goes, if you can't find something nice to say say nothing at all. Now if only my 2 former coworkers who had asked me at work if I was pregnant TWICE at work earlier this year, since I've been struggling with my weight and they knew it, had followed this principle... (I reported it to management the second time it happened since I didn't make the connection the first go around, and they were fired because of it.)