Replies

• onedownchic
    onedownchic Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Thanks Danp!!!!
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    I am 5"1, eating 1300 calories a day and consistently losing. I log everything with a food scale. If I eat out and go over, I log that too - to the best of my abilities! I think something in your calculations is way off!
  • Jmatievich
    Jmatievich Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Everyone is different for sure. I think the best advice is to diligently weigh your food. Every bite. When you really know how much you are eating you’ll be better prepared to have this conversation. Open your diary. Let someone here help you with the facts.
  • Deviette
    Deviette Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Deviette wrote: »
    Danp wrote: »
    Sorry Onedownchick. I said if you opened your diary you'd get good advice from knowledgeable people but you'll also get completely rubbish advice as well. But don't worry the it's easy to tell them apart. The solid information will come from long term posted and will garner lots of likes and insightful flags, the misinformation will get Woo'd heavily so you'll know to ignore it

I'm sorry, but helpful advice is not a popularity contest and health is not a game. Sometimes what someone needs to know most is not the easy way. There is a lot of "shooting the messenger" around here (obviously not by most but by some). Everybody who even dares to talk about sugar will get Wooed.
    @onedownchic I mean you got 14 Woos on your first post even though you were looking for help.
    I leave it with that. Let the Wooing begin...

Mate, you're not really giving helpful advice though. What you're ignoring is that OP is clearly under logging. So obviously her fat and protein is going well below what she needs. Yes getting more vegetables would be beneficial however, of course you're going to get woo'ed when you start spouting nonscientific nonsense about insulin and carbs.

It's absolutely fine if you want to be low carb, but OP didn't say at any point that they were having a problem with carbs, or literally anything to do with carbs, and yet here you are suggesting that they should swap to a low carb diet with completely no reason for doing so. OP is looking to lose weight, she's not said anything about having any medical conditions that would benefit from a low carb diet or even struggling with feeling satisfied; she wants to lose weight, and doesn't understand how she's not able to when she's eating under 1000kcals a day (which we're all pretty sure isn't accurate)

Please go take your low carb, pseudoscience, preaching elsewhere. Because we actually want to help OP, not make unhelpful and quite frankly distracting diversions.

Thanks Deviete. I appreciate all the advice. Good and bad. My journey is just beginning and today I’m going to start logging the right way!! Everyone is sooo helpful and patient. I’m grateful! 🙌🏾😁♥️

We're all wishing you the best of luck! Do keep us informed on how it's going! :grin:
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Thanks sooo much. I’m receptive. I truly am. Even my trainer at gym said to eat more... i just don’t lose. I’ll start again. Maybe I’m losing at 1400 or 1500 or 1700. Maybe my logging is off. I started counting gum crystal light everything now... just frustrated because as soon as I eat more the scale will move upward... sighs

Have you seen a doctor to get some bloodwork and ensure everything is ok?

Regarding your diary - beware using cups for solids (butter, cereal, fruit, veggies). weigh those as well. Beyond that seems the few days I looked at was pre-packaged food (which is fine).

You also give numbers that cover a range in your post from 800-1400 to. Put your starts in MFP (weight, goal, height, loss rate) and trust the system. Eat what it says. Do this for 3 weeks and see if you are loosing. While you do this, weigh everything. it is actually even easier, i put my bowl on scale, zero it out then pour in the cereal to his the proper portion by weight. Then zero it out and do the same for milk. And i've used fewer dishes. Ditto fruit and veg. Ensure you are using proper entires, they are user generated so can be false.

Ditto frozen fruit, usually the weight is frozen anyway so yes I put bowl on the scale, zero it out, then add fruit.

Stick to the minimum MFP recommends based on your stats for a few weeks before giving up.
  • Clau_Ioana1202
    Clau_Ioana1202 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Onedownchic, do I get this write, that you are actually eating the calories burned by exercising and the total accumulated is actually 1000? that mean that you are actually eating 1,700 to 1,900 calories but you "burn" 700 or 900? I think this is the issue actually, the logging of the exercise. I don't think that you actually burn 900 calories so to be able to eat another 900 calories. For me it's been always a big question mark the fact that I "burn by exercising" let's say 300 calories and eat 300 calories than it will be even.

I would suggest you eat back only half of what MFP tells you that you are allowed by exercising.

Because if that day when you said you burned 900 calories you ate let's sau 1000 (or more if not logged in perfectly) and then you added the 900 calories, you actually ate well more than 2000. My 2 cents.
  • DomesticKat
    DomesticKat Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Everyone replying is not obese or if they have been not mentioning it. My weight and deficit will not be like yours. Does anyone get this? In order for me to lose I have to restrict calories. I have to burn more than I eat.

My highest weight was 220lbs. I have lost 70 pounds and at no point in my weight loss have I ever eaten anywhere close to 1000 calories.
  • onedownchic
    onedownchic Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Thank you. Yes that’s my goal to build my metabolism!! A nutritionist who is also a cross fitter said it took her 20 years to be able to eat 3000 calories and maintain!!! So I know it’s a long haul. I appreciate you. My metabolism sucks. It’s improving!! Today I start with the weighing in grams
  • flippy1234
    flippy1234 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    WOW, great video and great info!!!!