What I Hate About Watching My Weight/New Lifestyle/Dieting, etc. (A Place to Vent)

Replies

• MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    psychod787 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    -Having to plan ahead of time whenever you decide to go out to a restaurant
    -Avoiding certain restaurants because none of their options can fit into your daily calorie limit
    -Having to limit yourself to one meal for the day when eating out
    -No more boredom snacking allowed (this used to be my go to when bored, its no wonder I ballooned up)
    -Avoiding eating at other peoples places because you cannot track it
    -Thinking way too often about food and what your next meal will be

Fours years later and my whole life revolves around eating and thinking about when I'm going to be able to eat again.

yup... nice delts btw
    <
    is jealous!

Thanks! This picture is about 2 years old I think. I really should update my stuff on here. :grimace:
  • adchak
    adchak Posts: 62 Member
    I only use MFP and weigh daily, first thing in the morng. It really helps keep me on track. But I do find myself going through this cycle of up and down trying to get back to my old weight from a week back if I ate out even 1 night in a week. This is tough betwen Oct-Dec with the holidays and all the so ial gatherings! I will usually fast for 16 hrs thr day after eating out and drink tons of water etc to get my wt bck to original level.
    Is there anythg else I could do to balance the 1 night of eating out
  • HeyJudii
    HeyJudii Posts: 264 Member
    HeyJudii wrote: »
    It seems like no matter what's going on some people just have to be Judgey McJudgepants, or hijack a thread with side discussions instead of starting a new thread or sending messages.

That being said,

Cheese. I miss being able to eat as much cheese as I want without worrying about the calories.
    The same with nuts. The days of just tossing back handfuls of nuts are over.

• Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    adchak wrote: »
    I only use MFP and weigh daily, first thing in the morng. It really helps keep me on track. But I do find myself going through this cycle of up and down trying to get back to my old weight from a week back if I ate out even 1 night in a week. This is tough betwen Oct-Dec with the holidays and all the so ial gatherings! I will usually fast for 16 hrs thr day after eating out and drink tons of water etc to get my wt bck to original level.
    Is there anythg else I could do to balance the 1 night of eating out

Use a weight trending app. It helps calm the emotional impact of the highs and lows.

Happyscale for iOs
    Libra for Android
    Trendweight (and one other I never remember) on the web.