What I Hate About Watching My Weight/New Lifestyle/Dieting, etc. (A Place to Vent)

Options

Replies

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    I hate when I say ''no thanks'' to an offered treat and get the "Awwww really? Have just a little bit!''

I usually just say I'm full, but thanks for offering. I think if you say no to someone enough they'll get the hint & stop asking.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    I hate when I say ''no thanks'' to an offered treat and get the "Awwww really? Have just a little bit!''

I usually just say I'm full, but thanks for offering. I think if you say no to someone enough they'll get the hint & stop asking.

Something i find, people think i'm being high and mighty when i turn down an unhealthy option offered lol.

My girlfriend gets mad at me.... So if I plan on going anywhere with her I have to make sure I have lots of calories banked LOL
  • tag8055
    tag8055 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I hate that if i go to a party, they have i case of those little 8oz bottles of water and a kitten load of alcohol and they complain that they spent so much money on the water bc people leave half empty bottles. Meanwhile there are half empty bottles of beer all over the place.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options

Something i find, people think i'm being high and mighty when i turn down an unhealthy option offered lol.

*kitten* what they think. Do what you think is right for you.
  • Deviette
    Deviette Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I hate that there is free office cake on the desk next to me, and I really cannot justify eating any of it until at least lunch
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    MsBaz2018 wrote: »
    Womona wrote: »
    I really hate logging my food. I’m good at breakfast and lunch, but never seem to get dinner taken care of. Also, if I’m at a party, trying to remember that I had one of this passed hors D’Oervers, two slices of that cheese and 2 crackers... forget it!

In addition, I am gluten intolerant, which is no fun. I’ve switched to GF pasta and pizza, but sadly gluten free does not mean calorie free.

If I cut all grains out of my diet, my weight drops nicely- but I just can’t sustain it. I really don’t want to go through the rest of my life never eating a serving of rice or having a slice of bread! To me, eliminating an entire food group is not sustainable in the long run. The constant vigilance is a drag- and I’m only trying to lose those last 7 pounds!

I do love logging how many calories I’ve burned exercising, though! That’s fun!

Rice has gluten?

i hope not, i feed it to my GF husband :laugh:
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Deviette wrote: »
    Deviette wrote: »
    I hate that there is free office cake on the desk next to me, and I really cannot justify eating any of it until at least lunch

And I hate that despite the fact that I was satisfied after lunch, I still went and ate a slice.

And it wasn't that good.

And now I'm hating the fact that I've wasted calories on it.

oh that's sad...

:flowerforyou:
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options

By far, the best part of going GF for medical reasons. “Sorry, I can’t — it will literally make me sick.”

Right? I tend to do a vague "Oh thanks, but I have food allergies." Nobody wants to ask so I don't have to go into the whole celiac explanation, and nobody pushes because no matter what's offered, nobody's sure if it will make me sick. :D