Replies

• makkimakki2018
    makkimakki2018 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Cranberry sauce
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I make a pretty mean jalapeno-cranberry sauce.
  • elsie6hickman
    elsie6hickman Posts: 3,864 Member
    Options
    I make a dish called Broccoli souffle that involves canned soup and a lot of cheese. I only make it at Thanksgiving. For the past few years we have gone out for Thanksgiving, but since my husband's diabetes diagnosis, my husband doesn't like to eat out. So the challenge this year will be to make some dishes he can eat. Bread stuffing has always been a thing for me at Thanksgiving, but I don't see that happening this year.
  • TheVonada
    TheVonada Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    My mom's homemade noodles and stuffing SMOTHERED in gravy!!
  • JennJ323
    JennJ323 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Stuffing is also my favorite part of Thanksgiving! I think this year I'm going to make sweet potato casserole with brown sugar and pecans along with a few other homemade things. The rolls though, those HAVE to be King Sweet Hawaiian rolls! No exceptions.

My husband will boycott Thanksgiving if there aren't Sweet Hawaiian rolls
  • FL_Hiker
    FL_Hiker Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Thanksgiving is fast approaching (in the States. Our Canadian friends already celebrated). What is the Thanksgiving splurge that you are most looking forward to? I plan on eating ALL THE THINGZ, with zero *kittens* given. However, I make this Samoa pie and I plan to stuff myself on it! Although my 14-year-old has said I need to make two, because he plans to eat one all by himself. :D

4e77wqq4y5qd.jpg

Recipe please?
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    FL_Hiker wrote: »
    Thanksgiving is fast approaching (in the States. Our Canadian friends already celebrated). What is the Thanksgiving splurge that you are most looking forward to? I plan on eating ALL THE THINGZ, with zero *kittens* given. However, I make this Samoa pie and I plan to stuff myself on it! Although my 14-year-old has said I need to make two, because he plans to eat one all by himself. :D

4e77wqq4y5qd.jpg

Recipe please?

https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/recipes/a50134/samoa-pie-recipe/
  • FL_Hiker
    FL_Hiker Posts: 919 Member
    Options

4e77wqq4y5qd.jpg

Recipe please?

Thanks! Yum that looks good!
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Really just the pies for me! There will be more butter in the mashed potatoes than usual, which is a bonus, but I eat turkey, potatoes, dinner rolls and green beans fairly regularly. Not a big stuffing person.

But I do look forward to the pumpkin pie, and I don't know which other pie will be there yet - might be apple or blueberry or coconut or chocolate cream or banana cream. And whipped cream out of a can, please. I like the Rheddi Whip Extra Creamy the best, maybe even better than fresh, I'm not sure!
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options

My big splurge is always my SIL's corn pudding. It is something I never make myself but is delicious and full of fat (a lot of butter, cream, and eggs).

• quiksylver296
    Options

4e77wqq4y5qd.jpg

Recipe please?

It's amazing. And rich!
  • quiksylver296
    Options

4e77wqq4y5qd.jpg

Recipe please?

Oh, and I cheat and use a pre-made Oreo crumb crust. I like that better.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »
    No no no! Homemade rolls! I have to dust off my Kitchen-aid mixer a couple of times a year or I feel sorry for it...

qw1c1j5ih00t.jpg

Recipe please. I am always in charge of the dinner rolls but have yet to find a recipe that is "just right". My Kitchenaid gets dusted off a few times per year too, mostly around Christmas but always at Thanksgiving and occasionally Easter if we have a family dinner.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »

My big splurge is always my SIL's corn pudding. It is something I never make myself but is delicious and full of fat (a lot of butter, cream, and eggs).

Corn pudding is my favorite and the thing everyone begs me to make each year. Even those who have never had it and scoff at the idea of it end up asking for more after they try it. That stuff is fantastic...hot...cold...mmmm.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Chipotle sweet potatoes and stuffing
  • Jadesfire93
    Jadesfire93 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Not a big fan of pumpkin pie (or pumpkin anything, really). But I make a mean homemade apple pie, with fresh whipped cream. Stuffing and gravy, and cranberry sauce, are my Thanksgiving favorites.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    I make baked macaroni and cheese with all the cheese, butter, and bread crumbs you could ask for. I send the leftovers home with my brother, lol.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »
    pinuplove wrote: »
    No no no! Homemade rolls! I have to dust off my Kitchen-aid mixer a couple of times a year or I feel sorry for it...

Recipe please. I am always in charge of the dinner rolls but have yet to find a recipe that is "just right". My Kitchenaid gets dusted off a few times per year too, mostly around Christmas but always at Thanksgiving and occasionally Easter if we have a family dinner.

Uhhh it changes every time :lol:This one is pretty close. Sometimes I ditch the instant mashed potatoes because I don't keep those on hand. Sometimes I add an egg and I usually use milk instead of the dry milk (replacing some or all of the water).

Ok, so it's not really much at all like this :laugh: But KAF is usually a good go-to for recipes.
  • Ruatine
    Ruatine Posts: 3,424 Member
    Options
    I just love the perfect bite at Thanksgiving - a bit of turkey breast, mashed potato, stuffing, gravy and fresh cranberry sauce on my fork. Yum! :yum:

Leftovers are huge for my family. I'm currently undecided whether I want to make turkey soup with the leftovers in addition to turkey sandwiches. Decisions, decisions....

One of my favorite Thanksgiving dishes is meat stuffing. Potatoes, ground pork, ground sausage, onion, salt, pepper and Bell's seasoning. Any leftovers get stuffed into a savory pie to be frozen and eaten at a later date. I'm pretty sure it's a French Canadian thing... at least the recipe comes from that side of my family.