edited October 2018
    Options
    Yesterday's commitments:

- Log everything I eat :smile:
    - Stick to food plan :neutral: One extra small yoghut
    - Eat slowly and mindfully :neutral:
    - Be in the green :neutral: Just over
    - 3+ bottles water :neutral: 2.5
    - No alcohol :neutral: We decided to have our quality evening, so had 2 G&T. Not many calories in those

- 30+ minute lunch break :smile:
    - Meditate :smile:
    - 2+ of French article, podcast, book :neutral: 1/2 - just didn't feel like doing this in the evening
    - Finish work at 6.15pm :neutral:
    - Gratitude journal :/ I forgot about this again. I need to find a different time to do it
    - Lights out by 11 :/ I was naughty and finished my book... It wasn't too bad though, only 11.30
    - ENJOY BEING ALIVE! :smile:

Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Stick to food plan
    - Eat slowly and mindfully
    - Be in the green
    - 4 bottles water
    - No alcohol
    - Run to work
    - November bathroom challenge

- 30+ minute lunch break
    - Meditate
    - Finish work at 5pm
    - Gratitude journal
    - Lights out by 11

Current calorie balance: 160 in the green
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    @Faebert Sorry to hear you are struggling. Do you think it's possible that you're trying to maintain a weight that is too low to maintain comfortably? When I read the Beck Diet Solution, she talked about how people have two minimum weights - the minimum weight they can get to, and the minimum weight they can maintain comfortably - i.e. the minimum they can maintain without making too much effort and within the type of lifestyle they want to live. The second is a few pounds higher.

I wonder if you're trying to maintain your minimum absolute weight rather than minimum comfortable weight? I thought this might be the case as you've mentioned before that you're at the very bottom of the healthy weight range. Might be something to think about? It might be that you would be happier with a slightly higher weight, with a slightly more relaxed lifestyle.

You might not though - it's a personal decision! If maintaining your current weight is important to you, I suggest you try to identify exactly which things feel like they're taking a lot of effort. Is it the amount you're eating - does it feel too restrictive? Is it the amount of exercise? The amount you have to plan / prep / cook? If you identify this, you can maybe start to identify strategies/ hacks to make whatever it is easier. Particularly if you consult this group, which is full of excellent suggestions :smile:

Another possibility is that it's not actually the stuff you're doing to maintain that's a problem, it's doing it alongside everything else you've got going on in your life. In which case, I'd have a think about whether there's anything you can give up or get help with elsewhere to free up a bit of time and headspace. You seem like someone who takes on an awful lot, and I can really emphathise with this! Sometimes we need to give ourselves a bit of a break, I think.

You have dealt with some really big challenges lately, and have managed to cope with them whilst maintaining a hectic lifestyle and supporting everyone else around you. It doesn't surprise me that you're feeling tired, and that things are an effort! You have done so well throughout a difficult period - it feels like now is the time for you to rest a bit and look after yourself. :smile:
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    @mytime6630 I'm up for the November challenge!

I won't do the cup thing as I don't spend enough time at work, but I'll put effort into my own water challenge, which is 3 X 700ml bottles water (or 4 if I exercise).

I like the bathroom challenge a lot. I think I may struggle to remember to do it, but I will do my best as I think it will make a big difference.
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    JFT Tuesday
    1. Log all food :)
    2. Pick up loveseat! :)
    3. 10 wall push ups/bathroom trip :)
    4. Eat packed lunch :)
    5. 10 minutes stretching/core/meditation >:)
    6. Empty/fill dishwasher >:)
    7. Bed at 9:30 >:)
    8. Order more protein shake >:)

JFT Weds AM
    1. Wake up 6AM >:)
    2. Smoothie :)
    3. Fish oil :)
    4. Pack lunch >:)

JFT Wednesday
    1. Log all food
    2. 10 lunges/bathroom trip
    3. 10 minutes meditation/core work at home
    4. Empty/fill dishwasher
    5. Bed 9:30
    6. FIND PHONE! (Saying my prayers to St.Anthony)
    7. Order/Pick up more protein shake
    8. Cook dinner at home - but what? Raviolis with butter and cheese? Works for me...need more protein though
    9. Lunch from grocery store - frozen entree to keep it reasonable but satisfy a craving
    10. Empty work fridge/bring home containers
    11. Two hour focus windows at work 9:30-11:30 Break 12:30-2:30 Break 3:00-5:00 Leave!

JFT Thurs AM
    1. Wake up 6AM
    2. Smoothie
    3. Fish Oil
    4. Pack leftover fajitas for lunch!

Phew - feeling a little overwhelmed today - yesterday was a tough day at work, busy busy busy with very little support. This will continue so I'm bracing myself and pacing myself to try to avoid burnout as things continue to pick up - focusing on work so I feel good about what I accomplish each day is going to be very important for my mental health. Then my phone went missing sometime between getting home last night (I know I had it in the truck) and going to bed so I spent an hour searching past my bedtime and was restless - still couldn't find it this morning - but saying my praters to st. anthony that it turns up when I get home tonight. I didnt pack lunches and I have no idea what to make for dinner. I need to turn up the planning so I'm not stressed about something I love, cooking! And I had a moment yesterday that I didnt want to spend the money on my protein shake?! WTF?! INVESTMENT IN MYSELF! WORTH EVERY PENNEY!!! This is the one habit that is shoring me up right now I NEED to continue with it! Happy Humpday, friends!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,785 Member
    Options
    Faebert wrote: »
    Hi all

Struggling a bit at the moment. I think I’ve been on this maintenance train for a long time but haven’t achieved the balance I need. Seem to swing from extreme to extreme, and recently events just make me question my priorities. I feel like I’ve got some work to do to focus on how to be slim, fit and also happy and ‘normal’, because sometimes it seems like staying slim and fit is just taking up way too much head space. Sorry for the ramble but tonight I’m really struggling.

I think with everything you have going on you are doing well. The last time I lost weight I managed to get down to 168 before I gave up completely and it took me 6 years to get back at it. I think as long as you are thinking about it and trying you aren't giving up. My plan for this time, if I ever get to the weight I want, is to continue to log and weigh so that I am at least aware and conscious of what I am doing. That is one reason I'm not making any huge changes. I am not killing myself with exercise and I'm not completely dropping foods I like. I know I can't do it long term.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    Tue, Oct 30
    1. log all food :)
    2. stay out of halloween candy! :)
    3. concentrate on 8+ c water - 2 w/each meal :) I got my RED cup out again --- hubby reminded me of that!
    4. go to gym - already done :)
    5. go out for a LONG walk - suppose to be 74 today, with rain tomorrow :) Walked another 1 miles ... this was after the gym, and after spending 60 minutes mowing the grass .... for what might be the last time!
    6. mow grass :)

A much better day today. THis morning, my stomach was so upset ... and then I realized it was all the junk I had been eating. I guess our bodies have a way of letting us know when we are not eating healthy.
    It is now 7:30 pm ... and this is usually the time I start to do the most damage. So I have my water glass with me... in hopes that this will help me make it through the nite! (Oh ... that sounds like a song LOL)!!

PS - update: I had some cashews and raisins .... so hoping to get it through the rest of the nite with NO more snacks!

But ... it does feel good being somewhat back on track!

JFT, Wed, Oct 31
    1. log all food
    2. DO NOT EAT HALLOWEEN CANDY!!! Get rid of all of it!!
    3. concentrate on 8+ cups water --- red cup challenge!
    4. go to the gym
    5. go for a long walk after kids come for halloween.
    6. get back on here ... be accountable

Look at all of the smiles!!!! I am so happy for you that you had a better day.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    NOVEMBER CHALLENGE TIME

This is the time of year I think we all struggle ... with halloween, the holidays, stress with so much to do, winter blues, etc.

So I am keeping the challenge simple, yet it will be a constant reminder everyday to try and do our best, in baby steps.
    A few months ago, I put a red cup in the bathroom, as a reminder to drink water for each bathroom visit. This helped me. Somehow I forgot about this until yesterday, when hubby had his red cup in the bathroom and told me how this was helping him to drink water.

So this is the November challenge ... but there are 2 parts to this challenge

Put a red cup (or whatever color you want) in the bathroom as a reminder to drink water. For each visit to the little girls room ... drink some water.

The second part of the challenge is to do FIVE somethings .... like 5 jumping jacks, 5 legs swings, 5 arm circles, 5 squats, etc. before you leave the little girls room.

This doesn't have to happen for every bathroom visit ... so a smiley face means you've done it at least once. But the goals is to try and do this each time.

This small little things will remind us all of the importance in drinking our water, and also, the importance in moving. For those that work outside of the home... maybe a drink of water after you get back to your desk (but you can still do simple 5-exercises in the stall)

This is how I will record
    Nov 1: Red cup, :) fives :)

So would anyone like to join me??

I love the 5 little things, I will pass on the water because I don't seem to struggle with my water very much. Since I started logging my 2L goal in April I have only missed it a few times.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    jeschepp wrote: »
    Hey everyone! Today went alright, but was a long day. Excited for the half day I took tomorrow to decorate, get dressed up, and hand out candy! I'll be having some candy but keeping it reasonable. Thursday I'll be restarting the Mayo Clinic diet, and hope to get back on track.

@Snowflake1968 Thank you for the inspirational words! Going to turn on a walking video now and see how far I get through. Your ornaments are amazing! If I lived closer I would definitely buy some from whatever craft show you sell them at. Do you sell online?

I love the walks, I am finding now that I end up dancing a bit and moving faster after doing them almost daily for a month. Something must be working as my weigh in this morning finally had me below 180!

I have sold to other people in Canada and am willing to sell to the States as well. I have to figure out shipping costs yet though so I couldn't tell you what it would be. I know when I sent to NB last year 6 of the snowmen cost about 12.00 to ship regular Canada Post.

• Snowflake1968
    Options
    AJB1014 wrote: »

Phew - feeling a little overwhelmed today - yesterday was a tough day at work, busy busy busy with very little support. This will continue so I'm bracing myself and pacing myself to try to avoid burnout as things continue to pick up - focusing on work so I feel good about what I accomplish each day is going to be very important for my mental health. Then my phone went missing sometime between getting home last night (I know I had it in the truck) and going to bed so I spent an hour searching past my bedtime and was restless - still couldn't find it this morning - but saying my praters to st. anthony that it turns up when I get home tonight. I didnt pack lunches and I have no idea what to make for dinner. I need to turn up the planning so I'm not stressed about something I love, cooking! And I had a moment yesterday that I didnt want to spend the money on my protein shake?! WTF?! INVESTMENT IN MYSELF! WORTH EVERY PENNEY!!! This is the one habit that is shoring me up right now I NEED to continue with it! Happy Humpday, friends!

I hope you find your phone, I would be lost without mine as it seems to carry my life in it now. I struggle continuously spending money on things that are good for me or things that I need, but if it's for someone else I have no problem saying yes.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    JFT - Tuesday October 30
    2L of Water - :)
    Calories in Green by 150 - :) In green by 395
    5 Fruits and Veggies - 1/5
    Only 1 Evening Snack - :)
    Walk 1 Mile - :) 3Mile Leslie Sansone
    Write in Journal - :)
    Stay FOCUSED - DO IT - QUIT BEING DISAPPOINTED WITH MYSELF - :)

JFT - Wednesday October 31
    2L of Water
    Calories in Green by 150
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Only 1 Evening Snack
    Walk 1 Mile
    Write in Journal
    Stay FOCUSED - DO IT - QUIT BEING DISAPPOINTED WITH MYSELF

I had such a great evening last night being health conscious. Those chips were still screaming my name, I wanted them badly. At about 8pm I had this conversation with my husband.
    Me: Those chips are really tempting me
    Rodg: Laughing, I have been thinking about them too. There are 50 in the box, that will still leave 48 for the kids.
    Me: I wasn't thinking about the kids, I was thinking about the calorie count.
    Rodg: Well one of us in this relationship needs to have a conscious to do what's right, I always thought it was you, but apparently not since you aren't worried about the kids.
    Me: What kind of chips do you want? They're small bags, do you want 2?

So, I had 1 bag of chips but I still exercised and earned back the calories so I could have my evening snack. Lo and behold I was done exercising and didn't want my snack. I thought about it, I was craving it, but I didn't really feel hungry and I decided to save the calories. I did have a cheesestring for 60 calories instead of my usual snack which is 200+. I am quite happy with myself for that decision.

• Snowflake1968
    Options
    Weekly Weigh In
    Averaged over the last 7 days. I do have to say though that the scale was very kind this morning. 178.6, I hope this is a number that I keep seeing and not the 180's.

g7uy8eg87r8a.png
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,500 Member
    Options
    4) Evening: pick up few groceries for meal plan / make skillet chicken w/ spinach & mushrooms (yum) / get

Could you share this recipe? It sounds very good!

Sure I can share! I received the recipe from the workplace nurse at a previous job, so it's got to be healthy, right? When I go home for lunch, I'll try to remember to get the recipe, plus my tweaks.

Also, I am up for part two of the Nov. challenge, tweaked (of course). On work days, I already use a 24oz refillable water bottle at the office (one each morning & afternoon) and drink 16oz of water with each meal, so that's not really an issue for me. Except weekends are sometimes light on water, especially if I'm out and about.

But the bathroom challenge sounds good! At home, I may struggle to remember but I'll do five somethings. I already do something at work: every time I use the loo down the hall, I take the nearby stairs from the 3rd floor down to the basement, walk the hall to the other stairs, and walk back up. When I started doing this, I had to stop at each floor to catch my breath. Now I go up without stopping and breathe normally. It's good to loosen up my hip flexors and gives my eyeballs a break from the computer monitors.
  • cschmitz110515
    Options
    Recap T 10/30
    1) Walked dog before work / 3.7 mi 1:07:37 / stretched = happy dog :smiley: & happy me :smiley: and still had my key! Thanks again, eagle-eyed hubby, for spotting! <3
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work = Fitbit 18,009 steps (tbh, when I saw how close I was to 18k at bedtime, I walked around a little extra :p ), 250+ steps 13/14 (webinar) & 45 floors :smiley:
    3) Meals & snacks prelogged / NO snack after supper / net calories green / 14c water = supper plans changed (see below) & ending up eating leftovers later than planned but still w/i net calories. :smiley: Net calories green 35, sodium -681 :( , sugar -46, fiber & protein good (yay) & 14c water :smiley:
    4) Evening: pick up few groceries for meal plan :smiley: / make skillet chicken w/ spinach & mushrooms (yum) life happened / get Halloween trick-or-treat stuff ready :smiley: surprise, surprise the two large bags of candy in our house were still sealed after two weeks, and I didn't eat a single piece last night! o:) Helped that I'm still noshing on chocolate cake I made last weekend :p / other to-do's? picked up cat food at vet's, remembered to find duct tape to cover sensors on dusk to dawn front lights for Halloween, folded all laundry still hanging in laundry room & took upstairs, digital decluttering :smiley:
    5) Unplug 9:00 :smiley: / floss :smiley: / retainers :smiley: / verify alarm is set/on, bed & TV off 10:15 :s another late night! (walk dog before work W)

Recap Tues. evening: Neighbors (> 14 years) two doors down sold their house :cry: and yesterday was moving day. Before I started supper, Bob returned some coolers they had borrowed from us to move freezer items, so I went out through the garage to retrieve. Then I went over to their house to visit/say good-bye to Bonnie. When I returned through garage (15 min. later?) I realized the door into the kitchen hadn't been latched shut ~ OMG where was Kitty? I went frantically from room to room and could not find her. Then I started looking for her outside, as night was settling in. Lisa, other neighbor, helped me look for black cat in the dark. I was truly panicking. Went back inside to search room by room, still no sign. Looked again outside, no Kitty. Thankfully, dog had stayed inside. Went inside and tried to think. Since I was standing and quiet, dog also settled down. And in walked Kitty from the main hallway. THANK YOU GOD!!! <3<3<3 I was so relieved! Then I made sure all doors were shut, and ran to tell Lisa, who gave me a big hug. I'll tell you, between thinking I lost Kitty and losing/finding my dog-walk house key the day before, I was in such a state. I need to slow down and think. There's a reason hubby is security-conscious, especially with me at times. Needless to say, I was in no mood to start cooking supper. :# Rest of evening I kept looking at cat & dog on couch next to me and counting my blessings!

JFT W 10/31 ~ Slow down and think!
    1) Walked dog before work (did not lose key :D ) / 3.22 mi 58:49 / forgot to stretch :# = happy dog :smiley: & happy me :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work
    3) Meals & snacks prelogged / will try to prep recipe during trick-or-treat / NO candy ~ it really isn't worth it & besides I have homemade chocolate cake (way better) / net calories green / 14c water
    4) Evening to-do's
    5) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / verify alarm is set/on, bed & TV off 10:14 (walk dog before work Th)
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm 4 or 5 pages behind right now but need to get on here and post some goals and hold myself accountable. I'll go back and catch up tonight and reply to what I can, but just know I'm thinking of you all and sending you all hugs and positive vibes!

It's been a really crappy week so far at work. Last week, I could tell something was up. Everyone was treating me differently...mostly my immediate team and director. Monday, I found out why. It's exactly as I suspected and actually even voiced to my husband while I was on medical leave. They have decided to revamp my team, which won't affect anyone except for me....they are stripping me of my title and giving me the same title as the others on my team (I was hired for a totally different job from them and that is why my title is not the same). They are changing my responsibilities to be the same as the others and splitting up the duties I had between us. I'm hurt, upset, angry, and cannot sleep. The job is going to be very similar to what I was doing in my old job...the one I left after 25 years to come do something new and different. The one I left after 25 years of tenure, vacation, higher pay, pension plan and flexibility to work from home, to come and learn something new and different. So, if I sound a bit upset, well...I guess I am.

I'm praying right now that it will turn out to be for the best and that I will find out I love it. I'd really appreciate prayers for peace in my heart and joy in my job. I'm so sad. And yes, I have been emotional eating although not going overboard, and I have not been walking Maddie as often as I should. I need to pick myself up, dust myself off and keep moving forward. I felt this was the perfect place to come to get back my attitude of gratitude!

One day at a time.

Just for Today (Wednesday)
    1. Journal every single bite no matter how bad my choices
    2. WATER!
    3. Walk Maddie / Hit my step goal / Try for at least 9/12 hours active.
    4. Stay out of the candy bowl tonight. It's for the Trick or Treaters, not me!!
    5. Remember to breathe. Take walks when I need to get away from my desk. Wear headphones to tune out the whispers I'm hearing in the cubes. Best attitude is gratitude. Be kind. Be helpful. I do not gossip or back stab and I will not start now. Period.
    6. Finish SU minutes, Watch upgrade webinar, complete NVTs for 2018 x3 apps, follow up on project request from provider
    7. Keep an open mind. Do not make up stories of what I think is happening. Look at the facts, not the story in my head.
    8. Leave work issues at work tonight. Enjoy time with family. Keep priorities straight.
    9. Body / Mind / Spirit
    10. Prep for tomorrow, tonight
    11. Gratitude Journal / Simple Abundance / Dodie Olsteen / Read more of the James Patterson book I started / sleep 10:30
    12. Up early with Maddie and NO SNOOZE ALARM!

Have a wonderful day my beautiful fellow JFTers! Thank you, once again, for letting me vent. It's so much healthier than sitting at my desk in tears! LOL!

xoxoxo
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm 4 or 5 pages behind right now but need to get on here and post some goals and hold myself accountable. I'll go back and catch up tonight and reply to what I can, but just know I'm thinking of you all and sending you all hugs and positive vibes!

It's been a really crappy week so far at work. Last week, I could tell something was up. Everyone was treating me differently...mostly my immediate team and director. Monday, I found out why. It's exactly as I suspected and actually even voiced to my husband while I was on medical leave. They have decided to revamp my team, which won't affect anyone except for me....they are stripping me of my title and giving me the same title as the others on my team (I was hired for a totally different job from them and that is why my title is not the same). They are changing my responsibilities to be the same as the others and splitting up the duties I had between us. I'm hurt, upset, angry, and cannot sleep. The job is going to be very similar to what I was doing in my old job...the one I left after 25 years to come do something new and different. The one I left after 25 years of tenure, vacation, higher pay, pension plan and flexibility to work from home, to come and learn something new and different. So, if I sound a bit upset, well...I guess I am.

I'm praying right now that it will turn out to be for the best and that I will find out I love it. I'd really appreciate prayers for peace in my heart and joy in my job. I'm so sad. And yes, I have been emotional eating although not going overboard, and I have not been walking Maddie as often as I should. I need to pick myself up, dust myself off and keep moving forward. I felt this was the perfect place to come to get back my attitude of gratitude!

One day at a time.

1. Journal every single bite no matter how bad my choices
    2. WATER!
    3. Walk Maddie / Hit my step goal / Try for at least 9/12 hours active.
    4. Stay out of the candy bowl tonight. It's for the Trick or Treaters, not me!!
    5. Remember to breathe. Take walks when I need to get away from my desk. Wear headphones to tune out the whispers I'm hearing in the cubes. Best attitude is gratitude. Be kind. Be helpful. I do not gossip or back stab and I will not start now. Period.
    6. Finish SU minutes, Watch upgrade webinar, complete NVTs for 2018 x3 apps, follow up on project request from provider
    7. Keep an open mind. Do not make up stories of what I think is happening. Look at the facts, not the story in my head.
    8. Leave work issues at work tonight. Enjoy time with family. Keep priorities straight.
    9. Body / Mind / Spirit
    10. Prep for tomorrow, tonight
    11. Gratitude Journal / Simple Abundance / Dodie Olsteen / Read more of the James Patterson book I started / sleep 10:30
    12. Up early with Maddie and NO SNOOZE ALARM!

Have a wonderful day my beautiful fellow JFTers! Thank you, once again, for letting me vent. It's so much healthier than sitting at my desk in tears! LOL!

xoxoxo

Oh I'm so sorry for you! I think you have the right attitude though about looking at facts, not the story in your head. 95% of the time the story in our heads are much worse than the truth.

Prayers that the job is still what you want after it changes.

• GW4321
    GW4321 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Welcome - love to have you join us! Great goals!

Thank you.

• cschmitz110515
    Options

One day at a time.

1. Remember to breathe. Take walks when I need to get away from my desk. Wear headphones to tune out the whispers I'm hearing in the cubes. Best attitude is gratitude. Be kind. Be helpful. I do not gossip or back stab and I will not start now. Period.
    2. Keep an open mind. Do not make up stories of what I think is happening. Look at the facts, not the story in my head.
    3. Leave work issues at work tonight. Enjoy time with family. Keep priorities straight.

xoxoxo

Oh, Tracie, so so sorry about your job change. Please vent all you want! But I also remember how overworked & stressed & unhappy you were at your old job. I think you are striving for the right attitude: Do not listen to the story in your head, only facts. At least you still get to do some the new duties, right? And in the end, it's just a job. It pays the bills & you still have benefits. You don't have to worry or even think about the job once that door closes behind you every night as you head for home, at a reasonable hour. You get to spend time with those you love. And walk Maddie, it will be good for you and her. Keeping you in my prayers! <3
  • GW4321
    GW4321 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    JFT, Tue, Oct 30
    1. log all food
    2. Eat less than 1700 calories
    3. Drink at least 8 glasses of water
    4. Walk for 90 minutes
    5. Lift weights for 30 minutes.

Result- I might have gone slightly over my calorie goal thanks to a few pieces of Halloween candy, but overall a successful day. I'm giving myself 100 more calories today, but still well below maintenance.

JFT, Wed, Oct 31
    1. log all food
    2. Eat less than 1800 calories
    3. Drink at least 8 glasses of water
    4. Walk for 120 minutes
    5. Rest day from lifting weights.
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    @PackerFanInGB - Vent, vent and vent some more! Ugh, just reading that had me so stressed out for you - it's so frustrating to think of the "shoulda coulda woulda" with the other job - my DH was just in a very similar situation. I'll be praying that you find your place and peace in all of the upheaval. Big hugs!
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Tuesday
    1. Breakfast: oatmeal. Pack lunch. Feed cats. Shower. Meds. Tea! Log 1 item.
    2. GRADE RESEARCH ESSAYS. INPUT GRADES. Draft week 15. Draft essay. Print directions to go to volunteering on Saturday.
    3. Class 2-3: Return research essays. Finish poetry. Type Rejection response. Read challenge book. Lesson on synecdoche & metonymy Wed! (Thurs?) Reflection 33. Write blog post.
    4. Class 4 - Reflection 33. Peer evaluation for poetry project. 4th needs practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles).
    5. Review semester plan. What is my purpose for each unit? Sketch out semester block.
    6. Set up 2019 insurance. Zumba 5:30. Leave by 4:45 and pick up Avion. WED - Parents: take iron, get cheese, get shirt. FINAL EXAM. INSURANCE. Find social card, birth certificate.
    7. Review essay. Put laundry away? Check grocery list.
    8. Prep Wed lunch - Saag. Chop celery. Prep oatmeal for breakfast. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 4:50.

JFT Wednesday
    1. Quick run: 1 mile. Feed cats. Shower. Pack breakfast & lunch. Morning meds. Tea! Log 1 item. PACK SHOES. PACK IRON. PACK COOLER. TAKE ICE PACKS IN TO SCHOOL FREEZER.
    2. Finish Week 15. Grade classwork & late work; input grades. Draft essay. Need to RS dr appts for 2/7 as it conflicts with conference 2/7 and 2/8. Get sub for 2/7 and 2/8. Get sub for 2/28 and 3/1. Dr appts March? April?
    3. Class 2-3: New S/V agreement worksheet. Add to class website; update class websites. Finish reading challenge book.
    4. Class 4 - Hand out PRs and work on anything missing.
    5. Review semester plan. What is my purpose for each unit? Review semester block. Convert research plans to unit format. Brainstorm Machiavelli - assessment?
    6. Update class websites. Write blog comments. Add November challenge - red cup and fives! - to Thursday JFT
    7. Strength 4:30. Parents: take iron, get cheese, get shirt. FINAL EXAM. Find social card, birth certificate. If I don't do insurance tonight imma be stuck!
    8. Prep Thu lunch: Beef stew. Chop celery. Weigh and log. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 4:50.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    February 2018: 173.6
    March 2018: 179.6
    July 2018: 189.6
    August 2018: 187.4
    September: 186.4
    Today: 190.2

Upcoming to-do:
    1. Develop 5PE mini-unit. Use after JC as a sponge; combine with challenge books. Maybe a comparison with another required text? Have students ask a parent or teacher what the most significant text they studied was, and then create a comparison between their challenge book and that text - which has more value and why? Possibly do the one-sheet as an assessment.
    2. Write next blog post. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun?
    3. Keep track of medical stuffs. Dentist? Also Feb 7 9:30 w Ac Int. Sub already set up. Apr 22 McC. Need sub. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October).
    4. Convert lesson plans to unit format. Create rubric for one-pager. Revise research checklists!
    5. Check on conference; follow up on seminar proposal. Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Can poetry unit be condensed?
    6. Go to used bookstore and look for Beauty (McKinley), Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman) and The Prince (tr. Tim Parks).
    7. Put jewelry away. Yikes! Reinforce patches on old pants.
    8. Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac.
    9. Make plan for classroom observations; ask other teachers about projects or lessons they feel confident about.
    10. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion.
    11. Design minibuttons with school logo, mascot, crest. Minibuttons that say THIS IS WHAT ANTIFASCISM LOOKS LIKE. White text on black bars on red background.