What I Hate About Watching My Weight/New Lifestyle/Dieting, etc. (A Place to Vent)

Options

Replies

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    I hate when I say ''no thanks'' to an offered treat and get the "Awwww really? Have just a little bit!''

I usually just say I'm full, but thanks for offering. I think if you say no to someone enough they'll get the hint & stop asking.

Something i find, people think i'm being high and mighty when i turn down an unhealthy option offered lol.

People used to do that to me a lot at work until I told them I ate ice cream for breakfast (used to eat Talenti, Ben & Jerry's, Breyers, Turkey Hill, etc. until I started to eat protein bars) while losing weight the first time. I would have everyone asking me if that fit in my diet, asking about the sugar, & if it would still enable me to lose weight. I still every now & then have coworkers ask if I eat ice cream for breakfast.

Usually I find it's food someone buys & doesn't want to finish like a Poptart, TastyKake that comes with multiple servings, or something that I could buy myself & not a decent homemade baked good or something I couldn't buy everyday.
  • Deviette
    Deviette Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Not really a vent about this new lifestyle, but ... I hate that it gets dark so soon now. I leave for work in the dark, and when I get home, it gets dark about an hour later. My main exercise is walking (mostly with my dog), and I hate, hate, hate that we can't do extensive walks in the woods anymore during the week. It'll all be walking on the sidewalks in my neighborhood from now until March/April. Walking 7-10k on sidewalks is really not appealing at all, but if I don't, I'd have to cut back on calories a lot, and I would get barely any exercise. Bahhhh, this SUCKS!

My feeling exactly! Our puppy isn't 100% good on his recall yet, so I don't want to left him off the lead if I can't see him properly (even with a light collar). As such there's so much less charging around and play time, and it's just so much less fun. I want to go out for that walk after work, but it's just so dark, I don't want to :s
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    Not really a vent about this new lifestyle, but ... I hate that it gets dark so soon now. I leave for work in the dark, and when I get home, it gets dark about an hour later. My main exercise is walking (mostly with my dog), and I hate, hate, hate that we can't do extensive walks in the woods anymore during the week. It'll all be walking on the sidewalks in my neighborhood from now until March/April. Walking 7-10k on sidewalks is really not appealing at all, but if I don't, I'd have to cut back on calories a lot, and I would get barely any exercise. Bahhhh, this SUCKS!

While I am loving the fact that daylight savings has just begun and it is lighter for longer to enjoy time outdoors in the evening.
  • jdubois5351
    jdubois5351 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Lillymoo01 wrote: »

While I am loving the fact that daylight savings has just begun and it is lighter for longer to enjoy time outdoors in the evening.

Hmmmm, I'm guessing you're at the other end of the world maybe ...? :wink:
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options

ditto here. It's still going to be dark when I leave work..now it's just going to be darker when I leave for work too.
  • tbright1965
    tbright1965 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Deviette wrote: »
    Deviette wrote: »
    I hate that there is free office cake on the desk next to me, and I really cannot justify eating any of it until at least lunch

And I hate that despite the fact that I was satisfied after lunch, I still went and ate a slice.

And it wasn't that good.

And now I'm hating the fact that I've wasted calories on it.

I'm sorry this happened.

My approach, and use it if it works for you, is to either share with someone else or just ask for a thumb sized bite.

That would have worked in your case. You would have tasted it, satisfying your curiosity and learning it wasn't that good. No reason you couldn't rush out of there and not eat the rest after the first bite. You know, something came up and you had to run off elsewhere...
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    ritzvin wrote: »

ditto here. It's still going to be dark when I leave work..now it's just going to be darker when I leave for work too.

I live close to the equator, so we don't observe daylights savings time. We get close to 12 hours of sun and 12 hours of dark for the whole year. It does create the awkward situation of being on US Central Time Zone for 8 months of the year and then Eastern time for the other 4 months.
  • RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    RAinWA wrote: »
    I hate having to weigh cereal. I want a bowl of cereal, not a shot glass of cereal! I have given up having bowls of cereal - I now use it to flavor yogurt instead.

I agree! I have been adding cereal to yogurt for YEARS! My favorite is Grape Nuts in blueberry! Yum!

I've been using cinnamon Frosted Flakes lately (because I got a bunch of it on sale). Goes well with everything!
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I hate having to weigh cereal. I want a bowl of cereal, not a shot glass of cereal! I have given up having bowls of cereal - I now use it to flavor yogurt instead.

I agree! I have been adding cereal to yogurt for YEARS! My favorite is Grape Nuts in blueberry! Yum!

I've been using cinnamon Frosted Flakes lately (because I got a bunch of it on sale). Goes well with everything!

That sounds yummy!
  • thisPGHlife
    thisPGHlife Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Found a new one for me yesterday. I had a pair of workout pants (capris) bite the dust. It's a little too cool outside to wear shorts but it's still nice enough that I want to run outside. Except now I only have one pair of longer workout bottoms that fit. I have two or three that will for once I drop another 15-20 pounds. I had to go but another pair do I'm not doing laundry everyday. I hate that I am going to have to but a whole new wardrobe. I don't have that kind of money!! Plus, I'm down to one pair of pants that don't fall off. I'm still big enough that I hate shopping for jeans. Plus, I either have to get a pair from Walmart that I can afford but don't look great, or she'll out the cash I don't have to get a pair from Lane Bryant that look decent.
  • mariececilia10
    mariececilia10 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    skram01 wrote: »
    Found a new one for me yesterday. I had a pair of workout pants (capris) bite the dust. It's a little too cool outside to wear shorts but it's still nice enough that I want to run outside. Except now I only have one pair of longer workout bottoms that fit. I have two or three that will for once I drop another 15-20 pounds. I had to go but another pair do I'm not doing laundry everyday. I hate that I am going to have to but a whole new wardrobe. I don't have that kind of money!! Plus, I'm down to one pair of pants that don't fall off. I'm still big enough that I hate shopping for jeans. Plus, I either have to get a pair from Walmart that I can afford but don't look great, or she'll out the cash I don't have to get a pair from Lane Bryant that look decent.

Chances are that wardrobe is more affordable than potential medical bills and prescriptions for preventable diseases in the future
    :-)