14567810»

Replies

• PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Options
    skram01 wrote: »
    SaraKim17 wrote: »
    skram01 wrote: »
    Today I let myself cry today about how stops and senseless people are.

Sorry for the difficult day. I hope today was better. 💕

Meh. I'm trying to make it better. I live in Pittsburgh and it's kinda surreal. Thank you for your thoughts.

After yesterday I decided to take an extra krav class to let out some crappy emotions. A friend who is watching my dog next week came over for a meet and greet. It was nice to see Sophie make a new friend. I finally decided on a visual for tracking my weight loss progress in my health collection. Earlier I tried a new tea while I was trying to decide how to color it. I'm thinking either all honey color or a combination of purple, blue, and green jewel times. I know I'm going to keep the hive honey colored and do the be wings grey. Any input is appreciated! (picture below) Right now I am trying to make French Macarons from scratch for the first time with a rose buttercream frosting. It's also my first time trying to make buttercream frosting. This is the winter I become a baker!

zg0rdbgaq3ud.jpg

So sorry! I didn't realize you were in Pittsburgh.

I love your honeycomb, and I think the previous posters gave you great ideas about the colors.

• thisPGHlife
    thisPGHlife Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    The stencils I ordered came in today, just in time to set up November in my bullet journal. I'm going to hold off a little on deciding on colors for the honeycomb but I love the ideas y'all had. I was forced to take it easy today because of health stuff. I don't mind really because I have been exhausted all day. I'm about to tuck myself in early for bed.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,215 Member
    Options
    Today I am going out to a craft centre with my friends.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    It's a really nice day today. I picked up a bit and vacuumed my house. I'm weird in that vacuuming is relaxing to me. It's a little like active meditation. As a bonus, it feels good to have a clean space. I wish other chores were that pleasant. (Cleaning the toilet just doesn't have the same effect! ;) )
  • thisPGHlife
    thisPGHlife Posts: 440 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    jenilla1 wrote: »
    It's a really nice day today. I picked up a bit and vacuumed my house. I'm weird in that vacuuming is relaxing to me. It's a little like active meditation. As a bonus, it feels good to have a clean space. I wish other chores were that pleasant. (Cleaning the toilet just doesn't have the same effect! ;) )

This is how I feel about dishes. It's so satisfying and calming.

Today I did an extra workout. Normally I don't do the heavy bag classes because it's intense cardio Krav. I kept telling myself it was because I needed to improve my endurance first. Today I started getting out of my own way and really pushing myself. It feels good. Especially since it means my workouts will be harder ( in the sense that I will be pushing harder) and I'll be able to be more aggressive.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,033 Member
    Options
    My self care has been 3 times a day physical therapy exercises at home & walking daily to keep my spirits up.
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Options
    My self care has been 3 times a day physical therapy exercises at home & walking daily to keep my spirits up.

Feel better! 💕💕💕
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,033 Member
    Options
    SaraKim17 wrote: »

Feel better! 💕💕💕

@SaraKim17 Thank you!
    How are things going for you?
    💞💞💞
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    As part of a class at church called “Emotionally Healthy Spirituality”.... the author promotes sitting quietly for two minutes once in the morning and then evening. Then, you read a short passage and write in a journal. You then end the session with two minutes of silence. My point for sharing this is that those two minutes just sitting there quietly sometimes seems like 20 min. But what I’ve realized is that just two minutes of silence does reset the brain a bit. It’s very calming.

So for anyone who is intimidated by longer meditations. Just set your timer for two minutes and sit quietly, eyes closed.

I also love how Eckhart Tolle (author of The Power of Now) says,

Stillness is where creativity and solutions to problems are found.”
    ― Eckhart Tolle, Stillness Speaks

Self care priority this week was : Stillness and Silence
    I also went to yoga ; I havent been in a year. I remember now how much I enjoy it.
  • YourJuneInJan
    YourJuneInJan Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    We did it!