When did you lose the belly fat?

Options

Replies

• Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    my guts and my upper thighs... never go away unless I start to dip into sub 20% body fat territory. And even then...
  • melto1989
    melto1989 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I have lost 35lbs so far, I still have 22lbs to go but I would say I've been lucky that I've been shrinking all over and my belly is almost gone. Suprising as i have had 4 babies.
    I want my arm fat to go away more right now as I can hide my belly easily but summer on it's way I dont want to be wearing longer sleeves in the heat
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Have you taken measurements? I would feel quite certain that your belkybis smaller after losing 33 lbs and 2 sizes. It might not be your ideal, but it will be better than before. Keep it going!
  • LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    Have you taken measurements? I would feel quite certain that your belkybis smaller after losing 33 lbs and 2 sizes. It might not be your ideal, but it will be better than before. Keep it going!

Yep, I take measurements and I am shrinking, but it's overall shrink instead of the belly disappearing... if that makes sense.

• BobPulaski
    BobPulaski Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I went from 270 pounds to 181 and I have kept it there for a year. I have visible upper abs and if I stretch just right visible lower abs but I stretched my skin out so much being so huge that I will always have loose skin. That's just kind of the way it goes.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    LiLee2018 wrote: »
    lorrpb wrote: »

Yep, I take measurements and I am shrinking, but it's overall shrink instead of the belly disappearing... if that makes sense.

That's fairly typical. You don't get to choose what shrinks or in which order. It's frustrating but true.

Everyone has a stubborn spot that just seems to want to stick around until the bitter end. Just keep losing and working on your body composition (lift weights).
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    I lost the most from areas as in the order shown in the list below:
    1. face
    2. chest
    3. legs
    4. arms
    5. stomach
    6. hips
    Everyone is different but that is the way mine went. Once I hit maintenance it seemd like it sort of evened out for a few months. My face no longer looks gaunt and some of the skin has tightened up a bit. I had a tummy tuck for my abdomen because I had 2 babies that were over 9 pounds each and that was never gonna bounce back, lol.
  • sarahlucindac
    sarahlucindac Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Great thread! I’ve lost 51 lbs with another 9 to go. My belly is just now starting to appear visibly smaller.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    tpspiege wrote: »
    DawnTSwink wrote: »
    My belly fat change was within 2 months since started the keto diet and it's still shrinking. I've lost over 30 pounds in 3 and 1/2 month. Love the weight loss. 🤩🤗🧡

keto has nothing to do with belly fat,no way of eating does,you cannot spot reduce fat. fat comes off where it wants when it wants in a deficit. usually the first place you gain is the last place you lose.

While I agree that no specific routine "spot reduces fat", I would offer some defense to DawnTSwink that I have noticed that when I have done more 'keto like' macro eating days in succession (lower carbs, but more specifically no processed "chips"/crackers/deserts, etc.) that I don't feel bloated in my mid-section and as such my abdominal area feels so much better and also seems to look flatter (especially upon first waking up).

you may be less bloated which means less water. it has NOTHING to do with fat loss. so of course if you bloat less your stomach can look flatter. has nothing to do with the keto per se. someone could probably cut down on bloating by cutting out certain foods that cause them to bloat.
  • motivatedmartha
    motivatedmartha Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    I'm struggling to tell the difference between loose skin and residual belly fat. All a bit porridgy in the mid section 🤣
  • CLCinNOLA
    CLCinNOLA Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    LiLee2018 wrote: »
    For those that started with a BIG bloated stomach, how long did it take before you noticed a difference in your stomach? How much weight did you lose before you saw a difference?

Just feeling a bit frustrated.
    Super happy with my progress so far (33lbs down) and still super motivated to reach my goals, however long it takes. Just frustrated like hell that my belly fat does not seem to be budging. I've gone down 2 sizes so I am shrinking, but my belly is still HUGE. I still look like I'm 7m pregnant.
    I've even been taking progress photos and there is barely any difference between my first one and the one I took yesterday (no I won't post them. Not ready to share all of that).

I know it will eventually start to disappear, but damn. I wish it would happen NOW instead of last :\

Congratulations on losing 33 lbs. For me it was the last on, first off, but I think that's just due to luck. One thing's for sure: if you keep losing like that, eventually it's just got to vanish!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!