What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    My son is being bullied at school and is receiving death threats each and everyday. I tried so hard to give him strategies to help it stop, but it only seems to make things worse. I have gone to the principle on several occasions, but it hasn’t helped. It’s devestating to watch him suffer and have no control over the situation except assure him that it all truly doesn’t matter.

I'm so sorry your family is going through this.
    I know of a family that was in a similar situation and the police told them, sadly, that the best thing they could do for their son would be to switch schools. Even if the situation seems remedied, who knows if it will continue or change to another form of abuse.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,452 Member
    Options
    MJFSH wrote: »
    feeling so down, things better get changed, not that I can do anything about it, even if it doesn't though!

Big hugs Farah :*
  • slimgirljo15
    Options
    kace_kay wrote: »
    Today my Honey girl is on my mind.. she's having surgery on (unidentified) lumps..
    Afraid of what they'll find.
    I hope surgery goes well and it's not serious!! :heart:

Thanks Kace <3
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    An acquaintance of mine was killed in an auto accident a couple of weeks ago.
    Today I wondered if she knew she was dying before she died.
    I hope she didn't.

How old was she?
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    bojack5 wrote: »
    An acquaintance of mine was killed in an auto accident a couple of weeks ago.
    Today I wondered if she knew she was dying before she died.
    I hope she didn't.

This reminded me of a grim story. I had a friend that works ESU in NYC. He told me a story about a guy who got pinned between 2 cars. He was virtually cut in half but the pressure from being pinned between the cars kept him from bbleeding out. He was perfectly coherent, but as soon as they freed him he was going to die within seconds. They called his wife and they kept him there and alive for 20 mins until she got there. He knew he was going to die.....she did as well....they talked, hugged and kissed. They said a prayer and then a goodbye. A heart wrenching story.

OMG, absolutely horrible. :'(:'( I'm glad they got to say goodbye to each other but damn....

Speechless. I don't think I would have been as strong as the woman in this account. I get the importance of saying "goodbye" yes, only that this would be a bad experience she would relive forever. It's more gutting than DNR.
  • 777Gemma888
    Options
    My son is being bullied at school and is receiving death threats each and everyday. I tried so hard to give him strategies to help it stop, but it only seems to make things worse. I have gone to the principle on several occasions, but it hasn’t helped. It’s devestating to watch him suffer and have no control over the situation except assure him that it all truly doesn’t matter.

If your son is getting death threats, it's time for the Police to get involved. At least that is how it is in SoCal.
  • 777Gemma888
    edited November 2018
    Options

What about going to the school board? And if he's receiving death threats wouldn't that be something you can at least alert the police about?

You beat me to it.
  • slimgirljo15
    Options

Bullying is a terrible thing, I hope there's a resolution found soon.
    (Hugs)
  • newmeadow
    newmeadow Posts: 1,295 Member
    Options

Jennie, can you home school him or send him to a small Christian school? Please take him out of that school. Daily bullying and death threats can alter the course of an individual's personality development in irreversible ways. Please seriously consider putting him in another school at least. Prayer will be said for him before bedtime this evening.

• 777Gemma888
    edited November 2018
    Options
    @laprimaJenny

Have you inquired with your son as to why he believes they're bullying him?

Children were bullied in my gated community because other students disagreed with a pair of siblings parents choice to medically and now recreationally partake of the now legalised green herb. I reported the matter to the School District and the Principal , upon hearing that said children were verbally abused on the bus ride home with "you're trash!" "you're a trash can!" and the nail in the coffin for me was, them taunting the 4th grader for defending his kindergarten aged sister, telling him that "is she your wife? " The sickening level these children stooped to was mind numbing. The following day, they hit the kindergartener within @k8eekins line of sight. She addressed the issue. Called the driver to report it. The bullies are now on a watchlist.

My point is, what is their trigger with your son? If he moved to a different school, would the trigger move too? Changing the school may not remove the problem.
  • 777Gemma888
    Options

Go straight past the school and right to the board. The schools “zero tolerance” policy is merely an attempt to save face. The louder the case you make the more they will listen to you. And I know you’re not going to like this Jenny but most of the time all the bully needs is a jab right in the nose, to shut them right up. All these strategies we teach children about ignoring them and walking away typically don’t work. The school has to care enough to take it seriously. But I assure you when they don’t the board doesn’t like it!

No. Violence is NOT a solution.
  • newmeadow
    Options

Go straight past the school and right to the board. The schools “zero tolerance” policy is merely an attempt to save face. The louder the case you make the more they will listen to you. And I know you’re not going to like this Jenny but most of the time all the bully needs is a jab right in the nose, to shut them right up. All these strategies we teach children about ignoring them and walking away typically don’t work. The school has to care enough to take it seriously. But I assure you when they don’t the board doesn’t like it!

Immediate expulsion of the perpetrators is the solution but this is an impossibilty in public schools as is anything else that makes sense. Anything goes in these places and public schools should be completely boycotted in my opinion.
  • 777Gemma888
    Options

I’ve seen this again and again and again. Solutions that the schools offer very rarely work. Except one common denominator seems to solve the solution. And that’s the child defending himself. So I’m going to disagree with you. Because teenage suicide is on the rise, and not enough kids are defending themselves. Instead they are turning their back and having their heads kicked in. I’d rather my kid not be a statistic. Violence is unfortunately a solution. A sad one. One I wish wasn’t but still a solution.

Violence is NOT an option in my part of California. The innocent child will be sent to juvenile detention. Oftentimes, bullies are more popular. Witnesses will side with the bully. Video evidence as suggested by @SnackherBarrell is more plausible here. I just wouldn't want someone's child who could be physically incapable of handling the likely ramifications of an altercation, to be severely injured from us advocating child on child violence.

Don't misread me. I grew up in a time where you hit people to shut them down.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options

That's terrible Jen, I'm sorry...

Some people just really suck and raises little monsters..

What really pisses me off is that often times these bullies are the biggest cry babies and cowards.

My kid 1st grade, had issues with a 2nd grader at school. I went to the vice principal and the school did basically nothing and acted like they needed to catch the kid in the act... I'm like come in, you're freaking kidding, these are kids, call that little brat in the office and bust him for this...

The schools pay a lot of lip service to the bully issue but usually don't want to do anything... I'd tell the principal that you are going to take this to the school board and to tell them that you are escalating this because the staff at the school (principal specifically) has done nothing

I ended up telling my kid that he's going to have to hit this kid, who's much bigger mind you... He came home and told me that this bully picked him up on the playground and he punched him, the kid started crying... Whyd you hit me.. And hasn't bothered him since... But, 1st graders mind you a little different.
  • CaptainFantastic01
    CaptainFantastic01 Posts: 9,557 Member
    Options
    I’m thinking about cleaning when I get home and if I’m going to
  • 777Gemma888
    edited November 2018
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »

Immediate expulsion of the perpetrators is the solution but this is an impossibilty in public schools as is anything else that makes sense. Anything goes in these places and public schools should be completely boycotted in my opinion.

If this is the case with public schools in your area @newmeadow , then what is a non-violent solution? If children here engage in verbal assaults, they are placed on probation which is lodged with the local police. These are Public Schools in CA.

Maybe our part of CA is different as our schools have DOD funding?
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options

It's like you are my mental female doppelganger from Canada lol... That's exactly what I said and thought... That's twice today lol
  • newmeadow
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »

If this is the case in public schools in your area @newmeadow , then what is a non-violent solution? If children here engage in verbal assaults, they are placed on probation which is lodged with the local police. These are Public Schools in CA.

Really I don't know. The videos that students take of other students acting like feral jackals towards teachers and students alike in public schools all over the U.S. is epic. Although I think You Tube censors these videos now.

I'm not a parent though and I don't know about the current disciplinary climate in the public schools in my area.
    But I do live within a ten mile radius of where I was born
    and raised.

I'm sure it's infinitely more permissive in every way, based on the gratuitous use of profane and vulgar language minors use loudly in public and pretty much everywhere they go. That *kitten* used to get us kicked out of class but I doubt that would fly today. The classrooms would be empty.