What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• pudgy1977
    pudgy1977 Posts: 13,499 Member
    Options
    pudgy1977 wrote: »
    I feel like I got jipped out of fall this year.

Even here in CA desert country, we had wonderful Fall temps during the day for about a minute. It's been Summery every day since. Am guessing it's snowing where you are?

Yea, we got about an inch and a half over night. And it's not supposed to make it above freezing for the next 10 days. Too damn early
  • cdlee4
    cdlee4 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Noise cancelling headphones are no good at work because it makes it harder to tell when someone walks by so i can hide my YouTube videos.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    @cdlee4 it is not uncommon to find subtle but strategically placed mirrors or picture frames around our office
  • RastaLousGirl
    RastaLousGirl Posts: 2,119 Member
    Options
    I don't have too much on my mind today.. Actually enjoying the quietness of the office today.. Usually it is so loud in here.
  • RastaLousGirl
    RastaLousGirl Posts: 2,119 Member
    Options
    My great Aunt passed away and so I need to fly to Sweden to attend her funeral next week. But I’m also opening up my practice next week, and so I’m uncertain which is worse. Pushing off my open house in which people have already rsvp’d. Or missing my Aunts funerals in which I won’t be able to say my final goodbye, I won’t be able to visit my family I rarely get to see, my family will be disappointed in me, and I’ve not been to Sweden in a few years so even though I’m going for a sad reason it would still be nice. But then on the flip side, opening my own practice has been my goal, I’ve put so much work into this and I feel it would look incredibly unprofessional to move the date. Life why must you have no easy answers!?

I can understand why you feel torn, but I am sure everyone would understand the extenuating circumstances. Regardless of the choice you make. Ultimately the choice is yours to make. But I personally would seriously consider going to the furneral Meg.

My condolences to you and your family.

My condolences as well. I agree with her. Hugs!!
  • ailsalw
    ailsalw Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Wishing I had someone to male me a coffee and bacon butty and bring it to bed for me
    #goals
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    who the *kitten* is Bacon?
    I'm sad that that fun threadmaker is gone...is he/she someone I should recognize?
    Or am I still too new?
  • newmeadow
    newmeadow Posts: 1,295 Member
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    I'm sad that that fun threadmaker is gone...is he/she someone I should recognize?
    Or am I still too new?

My understanding is someone once called Bacon something was also most recently called Snack Her Barrell but is still called Bacon by those who knew this person as Bacon. Or something like that. And I might be wrong because I don't bother keeping up with new accounts and name changes. I interact with whoever in the moment.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    Or am I still too new?

My understanding is someone once called Bacon something was also most recently called Snack Her Barrell but is still called Bacon by those who knew this person as Bacon. Or something like that. And I might be wrong because I don't bother keeping up with new accounts and name changes. I interact with whoever in the moment.

Correct.. 🙂
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    Or am I still too new?

Or am I still too new?

Correct.. 🙂

Excellent point ladies!

Just feel sometimes like people come back and I don't recognize them, but should.

Guess I'm still too new still

And ya...interact in the moment
    but I still pine for people that aren't aroud anymore

It hurts me
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    My great Aunt passed away and so I need to fly to Sweden to attend her funeral next week. But I’m also opening up my practice next week, and so I’m uncertain which is worse. Pushing off my open house in which people have already rsvp’d. Or missing my Aunts funerals in which I won’t be able to say my final goodbye, I won’t be able to visit my family I rarely get to see, my family will be disappointed in me, and I’ve not been to Sweden in a few years so even though I’m going for a sad reason it would still be nice. But then on the flip side, opening my own practice has been my goal, I’ve put so much work into this and I feel it would look incredibly unprofessional to move the date. Life why must you have no easy answers!?

Sorry Meg, that sucks about your aunt...

Don't feel bad tho, hell I have family that lives less than 2hrs away that I haven't seen in years now

They'll get over it and you'll get to see them again.
    And your decisions likely already been made, you can't be two places at once, not your fault, whatever will be was meant to be...

:heart:
  • ailsalw
    Options
    Mexican or Italian
    Seriously someone decide for me I’m hungry and can’t choose
  • ailsalw
    Options
    I’m in England so it’s not the best either way 😆
    Mexican it is
  • Weather_Witch
    Weather_Witch Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    That I can’t get into my old mfp account and I’m not sure the fr and message system is working... can someone enlighten me, please?
  • slimgirljo15
    Options
    That I can’t get into my old mfp account and I’m not sure the fr and message system is working... can someone enlighten me, please?

Nope the message system still doesn't work unless you fr them or you've spoken before in same acc.
    If you send one to them, tag them on forum and they send one to you.. it closes the loop somehow
  • Weather_Witch
    Weather_Witch Posts: 16 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options

Nope the message system still doesn't work unless you fr them or you've spoken before in same acc.
    If you send one to them, tag them on forum and they send one to you.. it closes the loop somehow

Thanks, Jo. Sent one to you but figured it didn’t go through lol
    @slimgirljo15
  • slimgirljo15
    Options

Thanks, Jo. Sent one to you but figured it didn’t go through lol
    @slimgirljo15

There was a total meltdown last week, nobody could get into App.
    A couple could not get on after it was fixed for most of us. Idk why.