JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• sumivenkat
    sumivenkat Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have an ankle injury and unable to workout. Depressing phase need support to eat clean and lose weight without exercise
  • cindyb6045
    cindyb6045 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I’m in the same boat with a back issue and surgery coming up.
    I know that eating is 80% of weight loss but still frustrating.
    Especially when you want to exercise.
    Hang in there we can do it!!!
    Let’s just watch the calories.
    This to shall pass💕
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Well I didn’t get on here yesterday but suffice it to say it was a rubbish day. Woke up with my first period in years (came off the pill a couple of months ago after my sister’s diagnosis because of the increased cancer risk but this is the first one since). And it has hit me hard! Felt exhausted and too tired and sore to exercise. Which put me in a funk for the day.

Torrential rain, whining children, a hideous 15 mile drive on the motorway to a laser tag birthday party for the oldest, in the dark and rain so heavy I couldn’t actually see. Then couldn’t find the well-hidden laser tag venue of doom, then couldn’t get parking. Older one stressing about being late, younger one ‘jealous’ because it wasn’t her party..... good times! 🙄

Anyway, I feel weirdly better knowing that some of my battles this week will have been down to hormones! I have bloated right up and feel like my stomach is a combination of a stretched balloon and a washing machine but at least I know it will pass! Sorry for the rant/ moving on..

Sunday goals
    - morning workout
    - Laundry
    - Homework with the girls
    - Coffee and brunch with girls and colleague
    - Buy lightbulbs and tomatoes
    - Change lightbulb in downstairs bathroom and freezer
    - Read child mental health docs and lesson plans for work
    - Early night

Have a great day everyone x
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    Well yesterday was a write off.
    We went to the MILs... And that pretty much sums it up lol!
    The girls behaved so badly there yesterday, it was a nightmare. Casey bumped her head on something and has a tiny cut above her eyebrow, Marley nearly choked on a small Russian doll that they had painted and had an unbelievable attitude, Saskia was the best out the lot but still far to giddy.
    And I left with a headache and a bad mood lol.
    I need to eat well today because tonorrow is weigh in day.

It's 7.30 am now and I'm super tired. The girls started screaming at 6.30 this morning, I was furious. I'm still half a sleep so will post some goals after a much needed coffee.
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    @Faebert feel better!!! I imagine thr first one in a long time feels like a rude awakening. Hugs!

@Bex953172 whew what a day sounds like. Enjoy your coffee and some peace and quiet i hope!
  • AJB1014
    Options

JFT Saturday
    1. Smoothie for breakfast :)
    2. Fish oil :)
    3. Elderberry :)
    4. Pick up trailer :)
    5. Pick up stove :)
    6. Drink lots of water :)
    7. Take tylenol :)
    8. Don't touch ear!!! :)

Jft Sunday
    1. Smoothie
    2. Fish oil
    3. Eldeberry
    4. Tylenol
    5. Water
    6. Log all food
    7. Stay under maintenance
    8. Pick up hearth pad
    9. Load of laundry
    10. Make egg cups
    11. Mini meal plan
  • jdenizard
    jdenizard Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Happy to find this thread! I need to do something and be accountable.
    SW 244
    GW 160

JFT Sunday 11/11
    •Drink more water
    •coffee without sugar
    •log everything I eat
    •do 3 things I enjoy
    •put away laundry

I can’t keep giving up on myself!
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Well another cruddy day.

I feel like a right ¢rap parent at times. I can't get the girls to do anything I ask. It's like anything I say is a big joke and even when they've pushed it to where I'm yelling at them they still don't stop.

Anyway today is kind of the opposite of yesterday, it's 16.25 and I've not ate anything! I've literally just had one glass of water to take my tablets this morning. Oh wait I had breakfast actually but I'm so hungry I feel like I've ate nothing!

Partner has just bought pizzas, something quick. So probably not be in the green but I'm not even bothered. Just need to get through the rest of today and keep powering through.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    JFT - Saturday November 10
    2L of Water :/
    Calories in Green by 150 😈
    5 Fruits and Veggies 1/5
    Only 1 Evening Snack 🙂
    Walk 1 Mile - not purposely
    5 Little Somethings at Bathroom Break - I am struggling to remember this
    Write in Journal - 😕
    BE Conscious of my goals - DO NOT BE DISAPPOINTED WITH MYSELF! - I think with everything I did yesterday it probably evened out

FT - Sunday November 11
    2L of Water
    Calories in Maintenance
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Only 1 Evening Snack
    Walk 1 Mile
    5 Little Somethings at Bathroom Break
    Write in Journal
    BE Conscious of my goals - DO NOT BE DISAPPOINTED WITH MYSELF!

So very late posting today but so far we have hung 2 TVs, rearranged to rooms, scrubbed one room, made a big breakfast and am just now sitting down for a minute.

I still have to go grab some groceries, empty wood out of the car, sand some wood slices and make supper. I feel a hot relaxing bath coming on tonight!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    What a weekend! Busy, busy, busy, and now I'm so tired I could drop. Going to bed after I type tomorrow's goals. It's only 7:15 p.m. but I'm just THAT tired.

Just for Monday: 11/12/18
    1. Weigh myself
    2. Journal every bite
    3. Red Cup / 5 somethings (I'm not doing well with this so I need to get after it this week. I just forget!)
    4. 5 Fruits / Veggies
    5. Step goal / 30-minute walk / 9 of 12 hours with 250+ steps / Up & down flight of stairs x 5
    6. Body / Mind / Spirit
    7. Sign up for 2019 benefits
    8. Use standing desk 30 minutes for each hour sitting
    9. Read Chapter One of Beck's Diet Solution
    10. Work: Prepare for 1:1 with my Director / Prepare for Meetings / Research the Pulse report for P. / Work on my self-eval for my yearly performance eval
    11. Get flu shot
    12. Be patient & kind / Look at facts, not "stories" / create a drama-free zone
    13. Work on home task list
    14. Unplug by 7:00 p.m. / Bed 9:00 p.m. / Gratitude journal / Dodie O / Simple Abundance / read or use Calm app

Tasks for the week:
    PetSmart for winter wear, reflectors, rawhides and toys
    Start reading Mark Hyman, MD book "Food: What the Heck Should I Eat?"
    Sew binding on Casey's quilt
    Find and join a gym
    Budget / Find where we can cut back / Bills
    Start Christmas to-do list / budget & shopping list / baking list / baking
    Thanksgiving dinner plan / have talk with K about K&E
    Start declutter-fest in basement
    JoAnn's Fabrics / Michael's / My Favorite Little Quilt Shoppe (Never been here!)
    Dig out or purchase Christmas Cards
    Bake goodies for T to take to hunting camp next week

• Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Morning all!

Had a great day yesterday. Had a lovely time with the kids and saw a friend for coffee and a catch-up. Made my way through four loads of laundry - washed, dried and put away! It’s the little things...

Got a tough week at work this week. Although they have given me a cover assistant while mine is signed off (yay!) we have two consecutive nights of parents evenings Wednesday and Thursday. This means teaching all day and then talking to parents non-stop for three hours at the end of the school day. Pretty exhausting - and some of the conversations can be tricky. So my game plan for the week is to stay very strict with food plan, eat little and often on those days to keep energy up. And lots of sleep!

Sunday goals recap
    - morning workout ✅
    - Laundry ✅
    - Homework with the girls ✅
    - Coffee and brunch with girls and colleague ✅
    - Buy lightbulbs and tomatoes ✅
    - Change lightbulb in downstairs bathroom ✅ and freezer ❎ (can’t find my screwdriver set - weird as not the sort of thing that’s easily hidden??)
    - Read child mental health docs and lesson plans for work❎
    - Early night✅

Monday goals
    - morning workout
    - Early to school (Good as gold certificate for FW)
    - Read with Monday group during assembly, TA prep sheets)
    - Set up science stuff?
    - Leave by 5
    - Early night

Have a great start to the week everyone! X

• maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    sumivenkat wrote: »
    I have an ankle injury and unable to workout. Depressing phase need support to eat clean and lose weight without exercise

Hi love... Might I suggest Chair exercises... They keep you moving and motivated
    While you're healing. Using canned goods as hand weights, but keep it away from
    the injury., leg lifts, but be mindful of your body. When your body says no to any
    certain movement, pay attention and stop. You can bend at the waist from
    side to side in reps of whatever ratio you choose...it will help your core.
    By continuing to work on your upper body, you'll still be burning calories, toning, and
    will lift your spirits.
    And by all means visit here so we can love on you and help encourage you👏👏
    Thank you so much for reaching out and sharing.💖
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    jdenizard wrote: »
    Happy to find this thread! I need to do something and be accountable.
    SW 244
    GW 160

JFT Sunday 11/11
    •Drink more water
    •coffee without sugar
    •log everything I eat
    •do 3 things I enjoy
    •put away laundry

I can’t keep giving up on myself!

WELCOME! WELCOME BEAUTIFUL!!!
    So Happy you're here. Enjoy yourself. No pressures or judgement here.
    We're all working towards a better self🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Weekly weigh-in:

Goal weight: 154
    October 15th: 164.25
    October 22nd: 167.25
    October 29th: 163
    November 5th: 164.25
    November 12th: 165.75

This is not going in the right direction!

I was doing well until Friday evening, then I went to a hen do over the weekend and it all fell apart. I actually made reasonable choices at meals, but evening snacking and drinking was my undoing. Particularly on the Saturday as I was hungover from the Friday and therefore craving carbs and stodge.

The next couple of weeks should be better - not going away so hopefully I will be able to eat healthily at the weekends so as not to totally undo the good work of the week!

I have to watch my drinking I think. I guess hen dos are a bit exceptional - I haven't been hungover like that in months - but I think it was really the alcohol that led to everything else and with Christmas events coming up it is probably the most important thing to watch...
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Make sensible choices
    - 3+ bottles water
    - No alcohol

- Savour every bite
    - No eating whilst standing
    - Give myself credit!

- 30+ minute lunch break
    - French homework
    - Train home by 22.15 latest, ideally earlier
    - Gratitude journal
    - Lights out by 11

Current calorie balance: 0 (clean slate)
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Okay so after 4 hours sleep, a walk to school, a cup of tea and finally a nap I feel alive enough to get through today and concentrate on what I need to do!

So JFT Monday
    - Be in the green
    - Exercise
    - 8 glasses of water
    - November Challenge not done any yet!
    - Start thank you gift for Tracie.
  • Bex953172
    Options
    @PackerFanInGB

You know how you kept worrying whether I'd like the quilt or not lol, I've just panicked thinking "what if she doesn't like the colours I've chose!"

So to ease my mind, do you prefer bright vibrant colours or darker colours? And this is something you can use, it's not a decorative item and that's as much as I can say without giving anything away!
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    JFT Monday
    1. Rest day - no run. Feed cats. Morning meds. Tea! Log 1 item.
    2. Submit Week 16; Parent calls about missing work during Pride time. Check with KW about data.
    3. Class 2-3: Machiavelli simplified paraphrases. SURVEY. Reflection 36 for homework.
    4. Class 4 - Reflection 39. SURVEY. Read two articles, write Works Cited entries, and compare their perspectives. 4th needs practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles).
    5. Input presentation grades. Brainstorm Machiavelli. Brainstorm Malala.
    6. Check on unit plans; do they need to be revised? Move Socratic Seminar to next week.
    7. Meeting after school. Zumba 5:30. Meetup 6:30? Look for documents: social card, birth certificate.
    8. Prep Tue lunch: Saag. Chop celery. Prep cheese. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 4:50.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    February 2018: 173.6
    March 2018: 179.6
    July 2018: 189.6
    August 2018: 187.4
    September: 186.4
    October: 185.4
    Today: 188.8

Upcoming to-do:
    1. Develop 5PE mini-unit. Use after JC as a sponge; combine with challenge books. Maybe a comparison with another required text? Have students ask a parent or teacher what the most significant text they studied was, and then create a comparison between their challenge book and that text - which has more value and why? Possibly do the one-sheet as an assessment. Working on this with The Prince!
    2. Write next blog post. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun?
    3. Keep track of medical stuffs. Dentist? Also Feb 7 9:30 w Ac Int. Sub already set up. Apr 22 McC. Need sub. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    4. Gifts for dad and DH - look for licorice puffs, cookbook.
    5. Check on conference; follow up on seminar proposal. Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Can poetry unit be condensed?
    6. Go to used bookstore and look for Beauty (McKinley), Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman) and The Prince (tr. Tim Parks).
    7. Create poetry project using Those Winter Sundays, Sonnet 18, and Sonnet 30.
    8. Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac.
    9. Make plan for classroom observations; ask other teachers about projects or lessons they feel confident about.
    10. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion.
    11. Design minibuttons with school logo, mascot, crest. Minibuttons that say THIS IS WHAT ANTIFASCISM LOOKS LIKE. White text on black bars on red background.

So, I called Walmart and they SWORE there would be frozen spinach. Then I got there and there's still that big empty spot, with a price sticker for it like it's SUPPOSED to be there. So I went to customer service and asked about it and they said "let me have someone check" so somebody came out and said "did you check over in this aisle?" and I'm like uh, YES. So we went and looked - again - and lo and behold, it had not magically appeared. So they called on the walkie and asked if there was any that needed to be brought out but were told there wasn't any other than what was on the shelves (nothing.)

I am GOING to get to the bottom of this!

@AJB1014 - We are going on a cruise at the beginning of March! I'm super excited :D
  • AJB1014
    Options
    @clicketykeys Nice! That is definitely something to look forward to!!!
  • AJB1014
    Options
    Jft Sunday
    1. Smoothie :)
    2. Fish oil :)
    3. Eldeberry :)
    4. Tylenol :)
    5. Water :)
    6. Log all food :)
    7. Stay under maintenance :)
    8. Pick up hearth pad :)
    9. Load of laundry >:)
    10. Make egg cups :)
    11. Mini meal plan :)

JFT Monday
    1. Log all food
    2. Three waters before noon - another three after - more if possible, feeling so dehydrated
    3. Log all food
    4. 15 squats/bathroom trip
    5. Eat packed lunch
    6. Cook dinner at home
    7. Do not take peoples BS personally
    8. Load of laundry