JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,732 Member
    Options
    jeschepp wrote: »
    Had my first super-crash today. Looking back I see exactly why it happened-didn't eat enough yesterday, slept for crap, woke up too late for coffee, had a tough caseload, had a headache, and was just off/crabby all day. Didn't eat half my lunch so I was pretty hungry/crashing by dinner and went for the double cheeseburger and fries. Felt so cruddy I didn't even exercise, which is the first time in a month. :( I'm trying to look at the bigger picture, but I'm really beating myself up tonight. Seeing how I used to eat most days in comparison to how I'm eating right now is a pretty shocking view. Sigh, tomorrow is another day.

For today:
    House chores ✅
    Do maximum pushups able: ✅ 1+3 modified
    30 minutes exercise :(
    1 hour TV maximum ✅
    Track food and exercise ✅
    Eat all servings of 5 food groups :(
    Meet 1200-1400 net calories, counting exercise-WAAAAAAY over
    Water challenge-80 oz. ✅
    Post here for accountability ✅-didn't really want to! But I figure you gotta report the bad days with the good

For tomorrow:
    House chores
    Do maximum pushups able
    30 minutes exercise
    1 hour TV maximum
    Track food and exercise
    Eat all servings of 5 food groups
    Meet 1200-1400 net calories, counting exercise
    Water challenge-80 oz.
    Post here for accountability

That first comparison day is a real eye-opener. Just think though, yesterday was only one day. One day like that will not break you, it's the everyday that does it!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Just for today ...

I will drink a glass of water every hour. I've set my alarm to remind me.

Argh, drinking so much water is HARD! Also, I feel like I'm peeing constantly. Tell me my body gets used to so much liquid?!

I found this at first too, I drink usually 2.5 litres a day, even though my goal is only ever 2L. I drink one 500ml bottle between 10-12, one between 12-3, one between 3-5, one between 5-8 and then usually one more from 8-930-10. I will not drink past 10 so I'm not up all night. The last bottle really depends on temperature, whether I exercised earlier or not and how I am feeling at the time.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    JFT - Monday July 16
    2L of Water - :)
    Stay in Green by 150 - :) 276 left
    Outside 15 Minutes - :)
    Walk or swim? - :) Walked, it was 31 degrees but I called a friend and talked while I walked 5.88km. I find on hot days, this keeps my pace slower so I don't over exert myself which I tend to do.
    Write in Journal - :)

JFT - Tuesday July 17
    2L of Water
    Stay in Green by 150
    Outside 15 Minutes
    Walk or Swim?
    Go to Costco for fair tickets
    Route out a sales drive for tomorrow
    Work on Code of Conduct for other "job"

You quilters will get a chuckle out of this. My eldest daughter suffers terribly from insomnia, a cousin of ours suffers from it as well and just bought a weighted blanket. She says she has been sleeping great since then. My daughter has decided she will make herself a weighted blanket. This will be her biggest project yet, she has made baby blankets for each of her children and for her friends baby. She went yesterday and bought the beads and the material. I get a text from her in the afternoon, this is how the conversation went:
    Lauryn: Why am I so bad at math?
    Me: I'm not sure why
    Lauryn: If my blanket is 72 X 40 inches and I have 4 meters (about 156 inches of fabric, how many squares can I make and what size? As usual it's the word problems that trip me up.
    Me: You're missing a number. How wide is your material?
    Lauryn: I don't know, it's in the wash so I can't measure it, how wide is it usually?
    Me: 40 or 45 I think...
    At this point I started figuring out if she wanted small or large blocks, she thinks she wants small so the beads can't move around as much. I do the math and tell her that she would need 180 blocks at 4 1/4 inches this would allow for her seam allowance. She then says so all together I need 720 Squares? I at this point pick up the phone and call her. She fully explains to me that she has a solid piece for the back and she has 4 pieces of material for the front. We get it all worked out and she is going to start cutting after the kids are in bed. I get home and tell my husband about our conversation. He says, she needs 4 1/2" squares for her seam allowance. I say no, she just needs a 1/4". He says "I think to hold the beads in, you will want to sew all four sides correct"?

So in answer to Lauryn's question, "Why am I so bad at math", my answer is "you take after your mother in this instance not your Father"
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,070 Member
    Options
    JFT - Monday July 16
    2L of Water - :)
    Stay in Green by 150 - :) 276 left
    Outside 15 Minutes - :)
    Walk or swim? - :) Walked, it was 31 degrees but I called a friend and talked while I walked 5.88km. I find on hot days, this keeps my pace slower so I don't over exert myself which I tend to do.
    Write in Journal - :)

JFT - Tuesday July 17
    2L of Water
    Stay in Green by 150
    Outside 15 Minutes
    Walk or Swim?
    Go to Costco for fair tickets
    Route out a sales drive for tomorrow
    Work on Code of Conduct for other "job"

You quilters will get a chuckle out of this. My eldest daughter suffers terribly from insomnia, a cousin of ours suffers from it as well and just bought a weighted blanket. She says she has been sleeping great since then. My daughter has decided she will make herself a weighted blanket. This will be her biggest project yet, she has made baby blankets for each of her children and for her friends baby. She went yesterday and bought the beads and the material. I get a text from her in the afternoon, this is how the conversation went:
    Lauryn: Why am I so bad at math?
    Me: I'm not sure why
    Lauryn: If my blanket is 72 X 40 inches and I have 4 meters (about 156 inches of fabric, how many squares can I make and what size? As usual it's the word problems that trip me up.
    Me: You're missing a number. How wide is your material?
    Lauryn: I don't know, it's in the wash so I can't measure it, how wide is it usually?
    Me: 40 or 45 I think...
    At this point I started figuring out if she wanted small or large blocks, she thinks she wants small so the beads can't move around as much. I do the math and tell her that she would need 180 blocks at 4 1/4 inches this would allow for her seam allowance. She then says so all together I need 720 Squares? I at this point pick up the phone and call her. She fully explains to me that she has a solid piece for the back and she has 4 pieces of material for the front. We get it all worked out and she is going to start cutting after the kids are in bed. I get home and tell my husband about our conversation. He says, she needs 4 1/2" squares for her seam allowance. I say no, she just needs a 1/4". He says "I think to hold the beads in, you will want to sew all four sides correct"?

So in answer to Lauryn's question, "Why am I so bad at math", my answer is "you take after your mother in this instance not your Father"

I still count on my fingers so yep with you on that lol!
    Just reading your post made my brain hurt hahaha
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options

Took my two recertification exams today and I PASSED!!! No more studying at night or weekends. I'm so happy and so relieved!

I stuck to my food plan today. I'm in the green for calories. I'm heading for bed soon. I prepped meals for tomorrow, and prelogged for tomorrow also. I have an appointment with the Pain & Spine doctor tomorrow morning at 7:00 a.m. so will be getting up at least an hour earlier than usual. I hope the appointment goes well and we can get to the root of what is causing the pain and problems with walking.

Have a good evening!! I'll post goals for tomorrow when I get time in the morning. :heart:

Wonderful news on your exams! Yippee ki-yay!!! You had a great day! :smiley:
  • cschmitz110515
    Options
    Recap M 7/16
    1) Walked dog before work / 3.21 mi 57:19 / stretched = happy dog & happy me B)B)
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work = Fitbit 14,045 steps, 250+ steps 14/14 (boom!) & 35 floors :smiley:
    3) Meals & snacks prelogged = Net calories green (barely), sodium green (yay), sugar -13 (Siggi's yogurt, fruit, veggies, popeye bread, bday cake, animal crackers), fiber & protein good, 14c water. Stuck w/ plan (mostly) except for cake ~ totally forgot we had office bday, and someone made orange lavendar cake with cream filling. Not my preference, so I had few bites then put my plate aside, and when everyone left conference room (yes, we must all be together for these events, so no avoidance technique available like "I'll get a piece later"), I threw the remainder in the trash. Not something I normally do, partly as I hate waste, but I decided my "waist" was more important, especially as I did not care for the taste and had no idea how to log on MFP. Wow, some of the changes in my behavior are laughable to me! :D
    4) Submit self-eval :smiley: / clean out Inbox :/ ended up with other tasks done, some related to current project
    5) Evening: update financial review doc for advisor :( / make chicken salad :smiley: / wash dishes :( / 1-2 to-do's :) got a few misc things caught up
    6) Unplug 9:00 :( several misc things (see #5) were online / floss :smiley: / retainers :smiley: / bed & TV off 10:15 :| 10:30 (walk dog T before work)

JFT T 7/17 ~ Yay!!! Humidity has finally dropped to pleasant (dew points in low 50s) + windows once again open.
    1) Walked dog before work on beautiful morning / 3.6 mi 1:01:23 / saw cranes in fallow field & 1 bunny / stretched = happy dog B) & happy me B)
    2) Meals & snacks prelogged / stick w/ plan / net calories green & monitor usual
    3) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work
    4) Evening: mail niece's bday card / boil eggs / at least 2 to-do's (see #5 7/16 goals)
    5) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / bed & TV off 10:15 (walk dog W before work)
  • cschmitz110515
    Options
    Just for today ...

I will drink a glass of water every hour. I've set my alarm to remind me.

Argh, drinking so much water is HARD! Also, I feel like I'm peeing constantly. Tell me my body gets used to so much liquid?!

Yes, your body WILL adjust. I drink an average of 96 oz. water (12c) per day. I guarantee you I am not running to the bathroom every 20 minutes.

One cup per hour may be aggressive to start. Maybe 1c every 1 1/2 - 2 hours? What I do: 2c with breakfast, lunch & dinner. Drink 24oz. from water bottle in morning and afternoon at work ~ easy, bottle on desk next to computer. Weekends are more of a challenge, since I usually don't have a water bottle with me everywhere I go.
  • cschmitz110515
    Options
    junodog1 wrote: »
    I had an OK weekend. Didn't really go online except to check for family updates. I keep thinking of myself as being lazy because I did not get all sweaty, but I really did not do too bad. I winnowed out my hanging clothes, boxed and bagged up that and some other things that had been set aside during the week and got it all delivered to the thrift shop. Now I have to find one of the helping women groups for my nice suits.

We are pretty casual in my new job. When I interviewed I was dressed in a traditional (and new) suit and I was asked if casual dress would be a problem. "Heck no!" I answered, but I am finding it is a little harder to adjust than I thought it would be. When I was working for Oracle some of my peers came to work in shorts. I could never bring myself to do that. I blamed that on the air conditioning. ❄️ ☃ One day here about a week ago I wore some Capri pants in with a top and light sweater. During the day someone said "Oh, you look so comfortable," and for the rest of the day I felt like my clothes were wrinkled and I was under-dressed. My logical brain said, "oh that was a compliment because you are usually so work-like dressed," by my insecure self fought back hard. This is at a job where one day my director wore her running clothes all day because she had to drop off her car at the tire store and ran the mile to work. And the VP came down to visit us and wore Bermuda shorts and a sleeveless blouse because she was in Florida! I just have too many years of grandma looking at me with the stink eye cause I was going to the mall "in that" and then my first 15 years of professional work was with a very conservative culture appearance wise, Disney. All change can be hard.

I don't think you were at all lazy! Going through closets and dressers is work to me. I had to laugh about your new job's dress code. Before moving to my present job 3 1/2 years ago, I worked 30+ years in banking. In the Midwest. Talk about conservative dress. Until 2010 or so, women were required (!) to wear pantyhose when wearing skirt suits / dresses, no matter how hot the weather. Yuck! That's why I wore pants most of the time. I worked often on computer conversions and mergers for some years, which required working on weekends in service centers with a team of people. Then there was no dress code (other than decent). My boss still wore his khakis and dress shirts (on Sat. night in a closed service center!) but most of us wore shorts (summertime), jeans and casual shirts.

Now I work where the dress code is business casual and Fridays are jeans days. I love it! Sometimes I am more dressed up than others. Today I wore a sleeveless dress with matching short sleeve jacket. And no pantyhose. Still frequently wear pants and top with jacket or sweater. But love the flexibility and freedom to choose. Being from WI, I would be like your visiting VP, lol. Although personally, I would draw the line at running clothes.

Isn't it crazy that only 8 years ago women were still asked to wear pantyhose? Laws are changing here in Canada regarding some of the restaurant chains and what women can be asked to wear. It is now illegal to ask them to wear high heels in at least one province and is the process of being changed in others.

The pantyhose "requirement" was an employer's dress code, but still!
  • Bex953172
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    Really missing getting on here .... and as I can see.... I've missed a lot of posts! We have been so busy lately ... I just want to retire! We are lucky we work out of our home ... but that also means than when busy, the day does not end at 5pm!
    Tonite I am going for a bike ride with a group. I've only been on my bike once this year, so wish me luck! The hardest part for me is getting my bike in our van. I struggle with getting it in and out. The front wheel is suppose to come off, but I can never get it back on, so I don't take it off.

Anyhow, my goals are simple again
    1. log all food
    2. april challenge - get in those 8 darn cups of water!! WHy is this so hard for me to do!!!
    3. may challenge - outside for 15 minutes (should be able to do this with bike ride!)
    4. june challenge - mindful eating. I've been bad at this lately
    5. july challenge - plan ahead -- plan tomorrows dinner meal. Breakfast is always easy, as lunch is to. Its just dinners that are hard.
    6. get back on here ... take the few minutes to post .... be accountable

Welcome back! I missed you!

I haven't cycled for YEAAAARS!
    I'd love to have a bike again! Could you not buy a bike rack for your car? I'm sure you get ones that can fix to the boot of your car and you just put the bike on and then bungee cord it to stop it falling off when driving
    X
  • Bex953172
    Options
    For those who journal or do like daily gratitude or positive affirmations
    What sort of things do you write?

Atm I'm going through a bit of a rough time and getting myself into a bit of a rut.
    Ot sure if it's a relapse in depression or just a general hard time but it's will be easier in the long run if I tackle it now rather than wallow in my own self pity.
    You may have picked up on my own self-loathing when getting advice about my 4 yo feeling like a failure and such. Well that feeling extends to the rest of my life too.

First step was telling my Oh. After 3 weeks of being argumentative with him I just told him and he's going to try help me out more for a while.

But seeing as the self loathing is my biggest problem that's what I want to address and what better way to tackle negative than a bit of positivity.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »

Atm I'm going through a bit of a rough time and getting myself into a bit of a rut.
    Ot sure if it's a relapse in depression or just a general hard time but it's will be easier in the long run if I tackle it now rather than wallow in my own self pity.
    You may have picked up on my own self-loathing when getting advice about my 4 yo feeling like a failure and such. Well that feeling extends to the rest of my life too.

First step was telling my Oh. After 3 weeks of being argumentative with him I just told him and he's going to try help me out more for a while.

But seeing as the self loathing is my biggest problem that's what I want to address and what better way to tackle negative than a bit of positivity.

I'm so sorry you are struggling, but I think you are right the first step is recognizing that you are struggling and then figuring out what to do about it.
    I am very new to keeping a Gratitude Journal and finding some happiness. This is a little history of how I finally found some peace over the last year.

Last year was a terrible stressful year from June up until August 31st when I was fired from a job that I had held for over 7 years, I knew it was coming, I knew that I had done wrong, I just didn't know how to fix it and I didn't know how to deal with the shame I felt.

I had been suffering with depression pretty steadily for 5 years, although I had thought I was better for a small amount of time and had stopped taking my medication for it. Big Mistake! I never sought any therapy because I couldn't afford it. My best friend became my therapist, she had sent me a devotional book in 2016 for my birthday that I had not even opened. When I was struggling to the point of having panic attacks (I thought several times I was having a heart attack) she made me promise to start reading the devotions. I did promise to start, but really thought that wasn't what I needed and I did it just to appease her. But a promise is a promise so I actually did read them. After a few weeks, I thought I'll look up the bible verses that go with it. I opened my bible from childhood that hadn't been opened in at least 30 years. I started praying, but I never felt I did it right so used Pinterest prayers. I started feeling better, the day I was fired I actually was pretty relieved, the worst had happened and I had survived it.

It took me a full month after being fired before I started getting some energy back, started to feel a glimmer of hope, and started truly believing that things would work out. My husband works seasonal work and his was coming to an end, we would only have his EI to live off, but I wasn't panicking. This made my husband think I didn't care which caused a lot of other issues in our relationship. For Christmas someone had given me a gift card for the book store, I like buying off the discount table and found a book called The Gratitude Diaries. I bought it, it was the first ever book of that type I have ever purchased. I read it and decided I needed to start being thankful and grateful for the little things. I started off every single night before I went to bed I post a Gratitude/Motivational/Happiness quote on facebook. I bought a notebook to write what I was grateful for each day but didn't start using it.

In January, after not working, not receiving calls for interviews, or not hearing from interviews afterward my husband became harder to deal with. We ended up not speaking and arguing for a couple of weeks until finally we "had it out". I told him we either needed to get back to what we were or we needed to separate. He was finally honest with me about some of what I was doing wrong and I was honest with him about his. It was also at this time that I ran out of my medication for depression and couldn't afford more. I knew I needed to do things to get better on my own.

In February I got this job and decided I needed to come in with a new attitude, I wasn't going to let the work consume me and I was going to live a happy life. That is when I started logging on MFP again and taking control of my health. My husband and I were starting to mend some fences. In late February I started reading blogs and message boards on here and I think it was @PackerFanInGB that was journalling. Following her lead I finally started writing in my notebook I had bought. I made myself write 3 things each day to be grateful for. I struggled with this and still do some days. Some days, I only write that the weather was nice. It has made me realize that I do have a lot to be grateful for life isn't all about the 'big grand' things it's about all the little things along the way. I have written about getting a particularly nice hug from the Grands, last night I was grateful that Lauryn was able to get her material to hopefully help her. Last week I was grateful that my husband chose to spend time with me instead of playing is online game. We only watched tv, but it was still time together.

I have not had to go back on my medication, my husband and I are happier than we have been in years and I am truly happy with my life. (Except for being forced to be a salesperson) I am grateful my friend made me make a promise to her that I feel has helped me tremendously. I am also grateful that I found this group on MFP it has helped so much more than just my weight and "diet" it has helped my mental well being.

I know I wrote a novel, instead of just a little answer, but I am one that learns from others and I believe that without sharing your story how can anyone else truly understand you and where you came from. Learn from others experiences is how I have always lived and I feel that is how I best help others.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options

I gratitude journal every night. Every night before I go to bed, I think of 5 things for that day that I'm grateful for. It could be something big like "I passed my Epic exams", but it could be somthing that I don't normally think about like "electricity", "hot showers", air conditioning, food on the table, my kids' are healthy. Sunshine. Hearing birds sing. Being able to open the windows.

When I journal, I usually write whatever is on my mind. That is in a separate notebook. I write whatever comes to mind. If I had a crappy day, I write about what a crappy day I had and why it was crappy. Helps just to get it all out on paper. If I've got something on my mind, I write about it and sometimes as I'm writing, it works itself out or I figure it out. Some days I just write about what happened in my day, how it made me feel, etc. Just whatever I need to get out. Somehow it makes me feel better just getting it out.
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    I feel like it's an afternoon of let's make Hannah feel stupid at work...😥
  • Bex953172
    Options

I'm so sorry you are struggling, but I think you are right the first step is recognizing that you are struggling and then figuring out what to do about it.
    I am very new to keeping a Gratitude Journal and finding some happiness. This is a little history of how I finally found some peace over the last year.

Last year was a terrible stressful year from June up until August 31st when I was fired from a job that I had held for over 7 years, I knew it was coming, I knew that I had done wrong, I just didn't know how to fix it and I didn't know how to deal with the shame I felt.

I had been suffering with depression pretty steadily for 5 years, although I had thought I was better for a small amount of time and had stopped taking my medication for it. Big Mistake! I never sought any therapy because I couldn't afford it. My best friend became my therapist, she had sent me a devotional book in 2016 for my birthday that I had not even opened. When I was struggling to the point of having panic attacks (I thought several times I was having a heart attack) she made me promise to start reading the devotions. I did promise to start, but really thought that wasn't what I needed and I did it just to appease her. But a promise is a promise so I actually did read them. After a few weeks, I thought I'll look up the bible verses that go with it. I opened my bible from childhood that hadn't been opened in at least 30 years. I started praying, but I never felt I did it right so used Pinterest prayers. I started feeling better, the day I was fired I actually was pretty relieved, the worst had happened and I had survived it.

It took me a full month after being fired before I started getting some energy back, started to feel a glimmer of hope, and started truly believing that things would work out. My husband works seasonal work and his was coming to an end, we would only have his EI to live off, but I wasn't panicking. This made my husband think I didn't care which caused a lot of other issues in our relationship. For Christmas someone had given me a gift card for the book store, I like buying off the discount table and found a book called The Gratitude Diaries. I bought it, it was the first ever book of that type I have ever purchased. I read it and decided I needed to start being thankful and grateful for the little things. I started off every single night before I went to bed I post a Gratitude/Motivational/Happiness quote on facebook. I bought a notebook to write what I was grateful for each day but didn't start using it.

In January, after not working, not receiving calls for interviews, or not hearing from interviews afterward my husband became harder to deal with. We ended up not speaking and arguing for a couple of weeks until finally we "had it out". I told him we either needed to get back to what we were or we needed to separate. He was finally honest with me about some of what I was doing wrong and I was honest with him about his. It was also at this time that I ran out of my medication for depression and couldn't afford more. I knew I needed to do things to get better on my own.

In February I got this job and decided I needed to come in with a new attitude, I wasn't going to let the work consume me and I was going to live a happy life. That is when I started logging on MFP again and taking control of my health. My husband and I were starting to mend some fences. In late February I started reading blogs and message boards on here and I think it was @PackerFanInGB that was journalling. Following her lead I finally started writing in my notebook I had bought. I made myself write 3 things each day to be grateful for. I struggled with this and still do some days. Some days, I only write that the weather was nice. It has made me realize that I do have a lot to be grateful for life isn't all about the 'big grand' things it's about all the little things along the way. I have written about getting a particularly nice hug from the Grands, last night I was grateful that Lauryn was able to get her material to hopefully help her. Last week I was grateful that my husband chose to spend time with me instead of playing is online game. We only watched tv, but it was still time together.

I have not had to go back on my medication, my husband and I are happier than we have been in years and I am truly happy with my life. (Except for being forced to be a salesperson) I am grateful my friend made me make a promise to her that I feel has helped me tremendously. I am also grateful that I found this group on MFP it has helped so much more than just my weight and "diet" it has helped my mental well being.

I know I wrote a novel, instead of just a little answer, but I am one that learns from others and I believe that without sharing your story how can anyone else truly understand you and where you came from. Learn from others experiences is how I have always lived and I feel that is how I best help others.

Yikes, I think I should be thankful for the NHS! How awful to not afford medication?! What happens if its something you *need*.
    I mean we still have to pay for our prescription over here I think its £8.40 per item. However we have a lot of exemptions, under 16, over 60, pregnant, medical exemption for long term (I have this for thyroid as its lifelong) certain benefits and if you are a veteran I think. And anyone in these categories get it free.
    I've never paid for a prescription in my life and never will.

But thank you for your story, I'm glad you found ways through, ways you never thought you'd think to work.

See me being thankful for somethings seems silly to me. Like thankful for food or water.. And I know I should be but I feel its cliche. Yet I've never been in a position where I've been like that so maybe for someone who has been homeless it would be a big deal. So I guess that makes me naive or narrowminded.
    And then again, WHO am I thanking? I'm not a strong believer in God. I mean I believe there's something but I don't know, not a path I've ventured down. So who or what am I thanking? Is that how it works LOL
    I'm I reading too deep into this😂
  • HGSmith0920
    Options

I swear, LK is like the one person in the world who can make me feel like a complete moron with a single look. I know I screwed. You don't have to be so condescending about it.

Sorry... Just venting.
  • Bex953172
    Options

Sorry your days going a bit poop. Try not to let it get to you.

I think today is Tantrum Tuesday. Marley just threw a a fit because I said she couldn't give Casey her biscuit. She just ran to the corner and screamed. Dogs looking at her like wtf? Lol
  • Snowflake1968
    Options

Yikes, I think I should be thankful for the NHS! How awful to not afford medication?! What happens if its something you *need*.
    I mean we still have to pay for our prescription over here I think its £8.40 per item. However we have a lot of exemptions, under 16, over 60, pregnant, medical exemption for long term (I have this for thyroid as its lifelong) certain benefits and if you are a veteran I think. And anyone in these categories get it free.
    I've never paid for a prescription in my life and never will.

But thank you for your story, I'm glad you found ways through, ways you never thought you'd think to work.

See me being thankful for somethings seems silly to me. Like thankful for food or water.. And I know I should be but I feel its cliche. Yet I've never been in a position where I've been like that so maybe for someone who has been homeless it would be a big deal. So I guess that makes me naive or narrowminded.
    And then again, WHO am I thanking? I'm not a strong believer in God. I mean I believe there's something but I don't know, not a path I've ventured down. So who or what am I thanking? Is that how it works LOL
    I'm I reading too deep into this😂

We can see a doctor for free and any hospital stays are free, but dental, prescriptions, vision are all up to the individual unless some conditions are met. Like low income, seniors, special needs, etc. I didn't qualify for any of that. I had benefits through work so that was covering a good chunk of it before that.

Well I don't think you need to believe in God per se, I think every religion, belief system, etc has something/someone that they look up to or thank for their blessings.

You need to find what works for you. Like @PackerFanInGB I have also just written thoughts out in the past. Mine are usually done when I'm angry and don't know what to do with it. I write and write and then throw it all out so no one ever finds it.

I don't know your exact situation, but you have the health to walk your daughter to nursery, you have healthy girls, you have a family that supports you. That is a lot more than some people have, I think that is the point to showing gratitude, realizing what you have and just acknowledging it period.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options

I swear, LK is like the one person in the world who can make me feel like a complete moron with a single look. I know I screwed. You don't have to be so condescending about it.

Sorry... Just venting.

Vent away! I hate people that can't just coach someone, degrading does nothing to help someone learn.
  • HGSmith0920
    Options

Sorry... Just venting.

Vent away! I hate people that can't just coach someone, degrading does nothing to help someone learn.

Thank you. I'm just ready to be home for the night. 1 hour and 43 minutes left! I'm spent for the day! LK is totally passive aggressive. Can it be next Wednesday already?