Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Booty or abs

13»

Replies

• Leslierussell4134
    Leslierussell4134 Posts: 376 Member
    lorrpb wrote: »
    I'm still trying to figure out when big butts became desirable, :p

Since always depending on culture...but definitely since Sir Mix A Lot said "He likes big butts and he can not lie" 🤣😍
  • amyepdx
    amyepdx Posts: 750 Member

I’m with you - also ripped jeans...
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,966 Member

I think big butts have always been desirable to some people (different people have different preferences of course) for example my husband has always liked big butts on women. But I think they have become a huge fad here in the last 10 years or so with Beyonce and Kim K and Nikki Minaj etc.
  • jseams1234
    jseams1234 Posts: 1,218 Member

Since always depending on culture...but definitely since Sir Mix A Lot said "He likes big butts and he can not lie" 🤣😍

Yeah, but the "big butts" he likes are tiny compared to what you see today. ;)

d557v7ph1mdk.jpg

• jaxsmama123
    jaxsmama123 Posts: 165 Member
    booty for sure
  • Cassandraw3
    Cassandraw3 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Ideally, both. Building a booty has been fairly easy for me with strength training. I would like to have more visible abs, but that takes a lot more work/dedication on cutting body fat.

And I would agree how much of a PIA it is finding dress pants with a small waist and thick thighs/booty.
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,505 Member

I can relate. I grew up in the 80s and we were all warned against "secretary spread." Having a big butt was not only not desirable, it was something to be feared!!! :scream:
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 28,053 Member
    I have no desire for 6 packs for myself and think they look better on men than women anyway.

visual-bodyfat-estimation-chart-men-women.jpg
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,979 Member
    Arms/Shoulders > Legs > Stomach > Bum are my priority. I'm also not a fan of the big round booty that is en vogue. A petite yet muscular bum is my preferred aesthetic.
  • jseams1234
    jseams1234 Posts: 1,218 Member
    That chart is waaaaay off... at least for men. I look like the 10% picture (maybe a bit leaner) and I'm nowhere near 10%.... lol

Regardless, body composition has a huge roll with how someone looks at a particular body fat percentage. I think it's entirely possible for a woman to have abs - at least four pack and a booty. However, it takes work. A lot of booties I see are nothing but fat and of course, those booties will shrink and wither away if that person chases a flat stomach and abs. It would be like the guy above in the 40% pic claiming he had pecs and not wanting to lose weight because he might lose his "chest"... or does a booty count regardless of composition?

btw, why does the woman in the 25% pic have more ab definition than the one in the 20% pic?
  • Cassandraw3
    Cassandraw3 Posts: 1,214 Member
    jseams1234 wrote: »
    That chart is waaaaay off... at least for men. I look like the 10% picture (maybe a bit leaner) and I'm nowhere near 10%.... lol

Regardless, body composition has a huge roll with how someone looks at a particular body fat percentage. I think it's entirely possible for a woman to have abs - at least four pack and a booty. However, it takes work. A lot of booties I see are nothing but fat and of course, those booties will shrink and wither away if that person chases a flat stomach and abs. It would be like the guy above in the 40% pic claiming he had pecs and not wanting to lose weight because he might lose his "chest"... or does a booty count regardless of composition?

btw, why does the woman in the 25% pic have more ab definition than the one in the 20% pic?

Because like you stated, muscle definition plays a large part in how you look. I have more ab definition at 26% than the woman in that 20% because I train. That woman clearly does not.
  • StargazerB
    StargazerB Posts: 425 Member

I can relate. I grew up in the 80s and we were all warned against "secretary spread." Having a big butt was not only not desirable, it was something to be feared!!! :scream:

That is an entirely different kind of booty then the firm, round, built kind of booty I'm referring too 😂
  • Leslierussell4134
    Leslierussell4134 Posts: 376 Member
    edited November 2018
    jseams1234 wrote: »

Because she has a bigger booty 😍😍😍