Replies

• Beccalouise09
    Beccalouise09 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    starlady09 wrote: »
    To gain weight you need to eat more calories than you burn.

Have you set up a food diary here?

A lot of people on SparkPeople site said this and it is very true, for I have a lot of trouble adding extra calories to my dinner or breakfast without adding too many carbs... I have yet to make up my food entries, but I am soon to get round to doing so, I just had to make up my profile as I only began on here today. ^_^

What's wrong with carbs?

And to answer your more calories question, the answer is always peanut butter

I'm to be having peanut butter on my toast in the morning and I've heard they aren't very good if wanting to maintain a certain weight, for many years I have been wanting to keep to a certain weight but now, I just want to stay petite and slim yet tone up as much as I can.

Which lifting program are you following?

I dont follow any, only my own. sorry but I prefer it that way as I am autistic and don't like things being different, so I stick to a certain routine so it fits around my everyday routine I already have.

Then, unless you are very experienced, there is a risk that you might not be providing your body adequate and well balanced stimuli which can unfortunately lead to less than optimal or very poor muscle gain.

Please understand I am autistic and I like routine :'( I, I'm sorry if I annoyed you
  • Beccalouise09
    Options
    I'm nothing but useless... Im pathetic... I shouldn't be living...
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options

A lot of people on SparkPeople site said this and it is very true, for I have a lot of trouble adding extra calories to my dinner or breakfast without adding too many carbs... I have yet to make up my food entries, but I am soon to get round to doing so, I just had to make up my profile as I only began on here today. ^_^

What's wrong with carbs?

I'm to be having peanut butter on my toast in the morning and I've heard they aren't very good if wanting to maintain a certain weight, for many years I have been wanting to keep to a certain weight but now, I just want to stay petite and slim yet tone up as much as I can.

I dont follow any, only my own. sorry but I prefer it that way as I am autistic and don't like things being different, so I stick to a certain routine so it fits around my everyday routine I already have.

Then, unless you are very experienced, there is a risk that you might not be providing your body adequate and well balanced stimuli which can unfortunately lead to less than optimal or very poor muscle gain.

Please understand I am autistic and I like routine :'( I, I'm sorry if I annoyed you

Of course not! I just want to let you know so you are aware. So many people waste time trying to do their own routine and spend years not making progress, we all want to see you succeed! It can't hurt to take a look at them to see if they fit your schedule, it is a lot of work coming up with your own (at least I have found it to be the case). You can use many as a template/guide and tailor it to your own needs. Here is a list you can check out.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1

Also I do apologize if I came off a certain way I quoted you but missed the part about your needs. Thank you for letting us know
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options

What's wrong with carbs?

I don't think you've annoyed anyone. People want to help you be successful in reaching your goals. The programs are designed to be effective, but if that won't work for you, you need to realize your progress may be slower. Look over the linked thread and see if any of those are something you can adapt them in a way that suits you.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    also to get that toned look you have to lose fat over the existing muscle you have. you do that in a deficit of calories. you cant tone a muscle. so either you need to gain and build muscle and gain some fat(it goes on where it want to go,you cant control where). you can always do a cut later and lose the fat you do gain in a deficit too.
  • Beccalouise09
    Options

No no! You are going to do great. Add me as a friend if you would like and I can help you out. I have been through many gaining cycles and made sooooo many mistakes along the way, believe me.. and I have learned so much from people on here

Ah phew! I was getting trembly there for a moment due to thinking you were mad by what happened, silly rebecca say lol. I will add you right away once I have replied to you and have looked over what you just sent in that link from your other reply. ^_^

Also, here is an inside scoop of what I have been doing since Tuesday:

Tuesday:
    pushups- 20 reps
    sit ups- 15 reps
    Walking- 15 mins
    house cleaning- 25 mins
    walking- 15 mins
    seated concentration dumbbell curls- 2kg 15 reps
    seated concentration dumbbell curls- 2.5kg 15 reps
    seated concentration dumbbell curls- 3kg 15 reps
    seated concentration dumbbell curls- 4kg 15 reps
    seated concentration dumbbell curls- 5kg 25 reps
    pushups- 25 reps
    situps- 25 reps

Wednesday:
    walking- 20 mins in town, mild speed.
    Carrying shopping- 20 mins
    pushups- 25 reps
    situps- 25 reps
    seated concentration dumbbell curls- 4kg 25 reps
    torso stretch- 4 mins
    standing shoulder stretch- 4 mins
    standing tricep stretch- 4 mins
    standing bicep/wrist stretch- 4 mins
    standing tricep/wrist stretch- 4 mins
    situps- 25 reps
    flat dumbbell chest press- 25 reps 5kg
    flat dumbbell chest flys- 25 reps 5kg
    pullups- 15 reps

Thursday:
    pushups- 25 reps
    situps- 25 reps
    seated overhead shoulder press- 2kg 15 reps
    walking- mild speed- 15 mins
    house cleaning- 4 hours
    gardening- 30 mins
    walking- 15 mins
    torso stretch- 2 mins
    standing shoulder stretch- 2 mins
    standing tricep stretch- 2 mins
    standing bicep/wrist stretch- 2 mins
    standing tricep/wrist stretch- 2 mins
    seated butterfly stretch- 2 mins
    flat chest press- 25 reps 5kg
    flat dumbbell pullover- 15 reps 5kg
    flat dumbbell flys- 25 reps 5kg

I am only getting back in my diet again so please bear with me, I know it seems rather straight forward but I can only manage to fit it all in where friends and family cannot know I am doing all this... I dont want them knowing as I am scared it may make them treat me differently after knowing what I'm capable of...
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options

No no! You are going to do great. Add me as a friend if you would like and I can help you out. I have been through many gaining cycles and made sooooo many mistakes along the way, believe me.. and I have learned so much from people on here

Ah phew! I was getting trembly there for a moment due to thinking you were mad by what happened, silly rebecca say lol. I will add you right away once I have replied to you and have looked over what you just sent in that link from your other reply. ^_^

Tuesday:
    pushups- 20 reps
    sit ups- 15 reps
    Walking- 15 mins
    house cleaning- 25 mins
    walking- 15 mins
    pushups- 25 reps
    situps- 25 reps

Wednesday:
    pushups- 25 reps
    situps- 25 reps
    torso stretch- 4 mins
    situps- 25 reps
    pullups- 15 reps

Thursday:
    pushups- 25 reps
    situps- 25 reps
    house cleaning- 4 hours
    gardening- 30 mins
    walking- 15 mins
    torso stretch- 2 mins

I am only getting back in my diet again so please bear with me, I know it seems rather straight forward but I can only manage to fit it all in where friends and family cannot know I am doing all this... I dont want them knowing as I am scared it may make them treat me differently after knowing what I'm capable of...

you need one of the programs mentioned in the other posts. you should not be working your arms every day with weights. you need a day or so of rest. same with chest exercises. you need to work your whole body if possible not just upper body.
  • Beccalouise09
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »

What's wrong with carbs?

I don't think you've annoyed anyone. People want to help you be successful in reaching your goals. The programs are designed to be effective, but if that won't work for you, you need to realize your progress may be slower. Look over the linked thread and see if any of those are something you can adapt them in a way that suits you.

There's no lists like what I have shown in one of my posts on here, I looked on one of the links and... it got me so overwhelmed. It showed me a link and an image that indicated I would have to buy a book from online... I cannot do that.
  • Beccalouise09
    Options
    also to get that toned look you have to lose fat over the existing muscle you have. you do that in a deficit of calories. you cant tone a muscle. so either you need to gain and build muscle and gain some fat(it goes on where it want to go,you cant control where). you can always do a cut later and lose the fat you do gain in a deficit too.

Ah I see, I thought as much, thank you for letting me know. I already had a feeling this would be the case.
  • Beccalouise09
    Options

Tuesday:
    pushups- 20 reps
    sit ups- 15 reps
    Walking- 15 mins
    house cleaning- 25 mins
    walking- 15 mins
    pushups- 25 reps
    situps- 25 reps

Wednesday:
    pushups- 25 reps
    situps- 25 reps
    torso stretch- 4 mins
    situps- 25 reps
    pullups- 15 reps

Thursday:
    pushups- 25 reps
    situps- 25 reps
    house cleaning- 4 hours
    gardening- 30 mins
    walking- 15 mins
    torso stretch- 2 mins

you need one of the programs mentioned in the other posts. you should not be working your arms every day with weights. you need a day or so of rest. same with chest exercises. you need to work your whole body if possible not just upper body.

I do things from home, Im struggling to literally do much of anything hardly... :'( I should just give up...
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options

What's wrong with carbs?

There's no lists like what I have shown in one of my posts on here, I looked on one of the links and... it got me so overwhelmed. It showed me a link and an image that indicated I would have to buy a book from online... I cannot do that.

That's the link I was referring to. Some of them are books, but some of the programs you can find on line for free. I'm sorry you find it overwhelming.
  • Beccalouise09
    Options

What's wrong with carbs?

That's the link I was referring to. Some of them are books, but some of the programs you can find on line for free. I'm sorry you find it overwhelming.

I do find it all too much for me to handle, this is why I went solo and did my own adapted routine instead. I just couldn't cut it.

Below, I have given a little idea of what I used to do before this year, I had it saved on my computer, it is a few years old this one:

10-11-16
    Mondays: add in bra bulge stopping moves into evening hours.
    bicep curls standing up- 5kg- 25
    side lateral raises- 5kg- 20
    tricep stretches- 5kg-25
    Plank
    Bicycles/Elbow-to-knee crunch/cross body crunch- 50
    Knee to chest- 40
    Dumbbell kickbacks- 15
    rear delt push ups- 40
    incline dumbbell press-30
    situps using 5kg dumbbells instead of medicine ball (from flavia’s fitness Tuesday tip)- 50
    Russian twist- 30
    Squats- 60
    Dumbbell pile squat- 5kg- 60
    dumbbell presses- 30 (doesn’t burn until the 20th)
    Bent over Row- 5kg- 30
    Bicep curl sitting down- 5kg- 15
    Walks between work calls going from client house to client house/ retirement home
    Tuesdays
    side lateral raises- 5kg- 20 8kg-15
    tricep stretches- 5kg-25 8kg-15
    Plank
    Rear delt pushups- 40
    Knee to chest- 40
    Dead Bug- 15
    Bent over lateral raise- 20
    front raises- 15
    bent over row- 8kg- 20
    upright row- 5kg and 8kg- 15
    situps using 5kg dumbbells instead of medicine ball (from flavia’s fitness Tuesday tip)- 60
    Dumbbell presses- 5kg- 25 8kg- 15kg
    Russian twist- 40
    Dumbbell pile Squat- 5kg- 60
    Bicep curl sitting down- 8kg- 15
    (Maybe walks between work calls going from client house to client house/ retirement home if Everycare makes me work on my day off)

Wednesdays- (typically only for working back, shoulders, chest, and doing back workouts for moves to stop bra bulge)
    Behind the neck press with dumbbells 5kg- 15
    Alternate dumbbell press- 5kg 15- and 8kg- 15
    Upright row- 5kg- 15 8kg-15
    One arm dumbbell row- 5kg- 15
    Bent over row- 8kg- 15
    Single arm dumbbell row- 15
    Dumbbell presses- 8kg- 25
    T-Raises- 5kg- 20
    Delt Raises- 5kg- 20
    Plank with Lateral arm raise- 15
    Pushup Hold- 10
    (Maybe walks between work calls going from client house to client house/ retirement home if Everycare makes me work on my day off)

Thursdays – add in bra bulge stopping moves into evening hours.
    Grip Masters
    side lateral raises- 5kg- 20
    tricep stretches- 5kg-25
    Plank
    Knee to chest- 40
    Dumbbell kickbacks- 15
    rear delt push ups- 40
    incline dumbbell press-30
    situps using 5kg dumbbells instead of medicine ball (from flavia’s fitness Tuesday tip)- 50
    Russian twist- 30
    Squats- 60
    Dumbbell pile squat- 5kg- 60
    dumbbell presses- 30 (doesn’t burn until the 20th)
    Bent over Row- 5kg- 30
    Bicep curl sitting down- 5kg- 15
    Walks between work calls going from client house to client house/ retirement home
    Fridays
    Stretch off- using the stretch off Friday tip of flavia’s from website
    Grip Masters
    Walks during work from client house to client house/ retirement home

Weekends-
    Resting and a walk between work calls going from client house to client house/ retirement home
  • Beccalouise09
    Options
    I dont know how to do my planner for my routine now... I really don't. I only started again on Tuesday, I barely remember how I used to do things... im all over the bloody place. I need someone to help me type up a weekly planner that I can go by, one that looks like how I have been showing on here. :(:/
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options

Tuesday:
    pushups- 20 reps
    sit ups- 15 reps
    Walking- 15 mins
    house cleaning- 25 mins
    walking- 15 mins
    pushups- 25 reps
    situps- 25 reps

Wednesday:
    pushups- 25 reps
    situps- 25 reps
    torso stretch- 4 mins
    situps- 25 reps
    pullups- 15 reps

Thursday:
    pushups- 25 reps
    situps- 25 reps
    house cleaning- 4 hours
    gardening- 30 mins
    walking- 15 mins
    torso stretch- 2 mins

I do things from home, Im struggling to literally do much of anything hardly... :'( I should just give up...

no you dont give up. you keep going. find a free lifting program. there should be a few, also fitness blender.com have free lifting videos which may help. they arent part a progressive lifting program but they will get you in shape and they are free(they do have some paid ones but you dont have to buy those. you could start there. they have free 5 day programs too. I workout at home because I cant afford the gym.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    @psuLemon could you maybe help her out?
  • Beccalouise09
    Options

Tuesday:
    pushups- 20 reps
    sit ups- 15 reps
    Walking- 15 mins
    house cleaning- 25 mins
    walking- 15 mins
    pushups- 25 reps
    situps- 25 reps

Wednesday:
    pushups- 25 reps
    situps- 25 reps
    torso stretch- 4 mins
    situps- 25 reps
    pullups- 15 reps

Thursday:
    pushups- 25 reps
    situps- 25 reps
    house cleaning- 4 hours
    gardening- 30 mins
    walking- 15 mins
    torso stretch- 2 mins

no you dont give up. you keep going. find a free lifting program. there should be a few, also fitness blender.com have free lifting videos which may help. they arent part a progressive lifting program but they will get you in shape and they are free(they do have some paid ones but you dont have to buy those. you could start there. they have free 5 day programs too. I workout at home because I cant afford the gym.

No, I need someone to make a list of exercises like what I showed you on here, researching things on my own is too much for me to handle. I'm sorry :'( I I cant do it. its too much for me. Im not jumping from one site to another, Im already using SparkPeople.com and this site to get answers, too much information and I'll just feel sick with it.
  • Beccalouise09
    Options
    @psuLemon could you maybe help her out?

dang, im making such a right hassle for people... I'm sorry CharlieBeansmomTracey.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options

Tuesday:
    pushups- 20 reps
    sit ups- 15 reps
    Walking- 15 mins
    house cleaning- 25 mins
    walking- 15 mins
    pushups- 25 reps
    situps- 25 reps

Wednesday:
    pushups- 25 reps
    situps- 25 reps
    torso stretch- 4 mins
    situps- 25 reps
    pullups- 15 reps

Thursday:
    pushups- 25 reps
    situps- 25 reps
    house cleaning- 4 hours
    gardening- 30 mins
    walking- 15 mins
    torso stretch- 2 mins

No, I need someone to make a list of exercises like what I showed you on here, researching things on my own is too much for me to handle. I'm sorry :'( I I cant do it. its too much for me. Im not jumping from one site to another, Im already using SparkPeople.com and this site to get answers, too much information and I'll just feel sick with it.

Ive tagged someone and asked if they can help you out. they helped me out with some good advice before
  • Beccalouise09
    edited November 2018
    Options

Tuesday:
    pushups- 20 reps
    sit ups- 15 reps
    Walking- 15 mins
    house cleaning- 25 mins
    walking- 15 mins
    pushups- 25 reps
    situps- 25 reps

Wednesday:
    pushups- 25 reps
    situps- 25 reps
    torso stretch- 4 mins
    situps- 25 reps
    pullups- 15 reps

Thursday:
    pushups- 25 reps
    situps- 25 reps
    house cleaning- 4 hours
    gardening- 30 mins
    walking- 15 mins
    torso stretch- 2 mins

Ive tagged someone and asked if they can help you out. they helped me out with some good advice before

okay thank you, I guess but could someone please give me a routine I could go by as a weekly planner? in the way I showed one to you all on here already? I'd be able to handle things much better if someone could do that to help me out. :'(