The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday my middle aged buddies.

Know what's awesome when you help out a friend by filling in for him on his curling team and the boss of the team gives partial credit for the win to you. Also helps to play a great game. Yay for Mondays
  • Anna022119
    Anna022119 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Have a good Tuesday peeps.
    Stay warm!
    :)
  • Danie2pt0
    Danie2pt0 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    First week in MFP and Thanksgiving is 2 days away. Anyone have any strategies you use to keep on track or do you enjoy the day as a once in a while indulgence?
  • J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    Danie2pt0 wrote: »
    First week in MFP and Thanksgiving is 2 days away. Anyone have any strategies you use to keep on track or do you enjoy the day as a once in a while indulgence?

I try to take smaller portions of all the food and don't eat like a refugee lost at sea. You can do it.
  • stephensweeney93
    stephensweeney93 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hi all.

Im an on/off MFP user and forum lurker. Have been for about 3 years or so. Long story short I've been piling on the pounds for years. I love bread, pastry cheese and beer and am pretty sedentary.

A couple of weeks ago I decided to "have another crack" at losing some weight.

If you want to share the journey, feel free to add me as a friend.

My goal weight wise would be to get around the 14st mark, however id be happy with any weight that I could be more active at. I used to love hill walking and mountaineering, but just haven't go the fitness to do much at the minute.

My current tactic is to set a 1500 calorie daily goal. Meal replacement shakes for breakfast and lunch along with some fruit. Healthy evening meal. No beer throughout the week and although the weekends are more relaxed, still aim to fall inside of my calorie goal.

Exercise currently consist of a nightly walk (march) round the park, but I hope to upgrade this to running as time goes on and then incorporate some kettle bell workouts in the mornings when I finally am able to prise myself out of bed. Ive lost 6lb in the first week using this.

Look forward to hearing from you.
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    Hi all.

Im an on/off MFP user and forum lurker. Have been for about 3 years or so. Long story short I've been piling on the pounds for years. I love bread, pastry cheese and beer and am pretty sedentary.

A couple of weeks ago I decided to "have another crack" at losing some weight.

If you want to share the journey, feel free to add me as a friend.

My goal weight wise would be to get around the 14st mark, however id be happy with any weight that I could be more active at. I used to love hill walking and mountaineering, but just haven't go the fitness to do much at the minute.

My current tactic is to set a 1500 calorie daily goal. Meal replacement shakes for breakfast and lunch along with some fruit. Healthy evening meal. No beer throughout the week and although the weekends are more relaxed, still aim to fall inside of my calorie goal.

Exercise currently consist of a nightly walk (march) round the park, but I hope to upgrade this to running as time goes on and then incorporate some kettle bell workouts in the mornings when I finally am able to prise myself out of bed. Ive lost 6lb in the first week using this.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Hey sounds like you have this under control. Good luck
  • FitnTrimSteve
    FitnTrimSteve Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Hey you old timers :)

I've been out of commission the last 3 weeks or so fighting bronchitis made worse by asthma. Missed you all. But as JR said in the Dallas reboot, "I'm back. And I'm gonna be bigger than ever".

OK, let's try "I'm back, and I'm gonna be smaller than ever". Sadly I did gain my weight back so I'm starting out from scratch. Good news is I did lose it once so I know how do lose it again. Won't be as difficult to get back to pre-sickness levels.

Happy Thanksgiving!!
  • AliNouveau
    Options

I've been out of commission the last 3 weeks or so fighting bronchitis made worse by asthma. Missed you all. But as JR said in the Dallas reboot, "I'm back. And I'm gonna be bigger than ever".

OK, let's try "I'm back, and I'm gonna be smaller than ever". Sadly I did gain my weight back so I'm starting out from scratch. Good news is I did lose it once so I know how do lose it again. Won't be as difficult to get back to pre-sickness levels.

Happy Thanksgiving!!

hey welcome back. hope you're fully recovered those bugs can really take a blow
  • FitnTrimSteve
    Options
    AliNouveau wrote: »

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Thank you Ali. It's good to be back.
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    AliNouveau wrote: »

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Thank you Ali. It's good to be back.

i had walking pneumonia in February I think it was and man it wiped me out. i had a 2 day skating competition. i've never been so close to calling the coach and saying i can't make it. i felt like a truck had hit me. so ya good job you took a break
  • Just_Juju
    Just_Juju Posts: 5 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    How do we add friends on here? I see no option when clicking on a name.

Edit: gosh sorry. Just read forum rules and FAQ. Also figured out I can tap name here and then tap it again in pop-up. (Not mentioned in FAQ)
  • FitnTrimSteve
    Options
    Just_Juju wrote: »
    Hello. New here. My name is Juju (Judith/Judy in real life but I prefer my nickname.) I'm 53 but feel like I'm 10. :p And probably act like it too. I always say never lose the curiosity and wonderment of everything you see, and of everyone you meet, like a child does. And giggle or laugh at least once a day, even during the most extreme trials and stress. It is the best medicine. So ... now you know me.

Anyway, I have had extremely high cholesterol for over two years. Doctor put her foot down and prescribed medicine last week and made me see nutritionist. The nutritionist made me download this app. (people pushing me around ... well I oughta...) LOL Seriously I love both of them, and I really fell in love with MFP.

I have to tediously track every single gram of everything that's in everything I eat. I'm sure I'm driving my husband nuts since it triggered the OCD side of my ADD. (And he has no clean socks now...Haha.) MFP has made it simpler. It's the first week and has taken most of my time as I research and educate, tho I'm sure it will soon only take minutes a day.

I'm happy to have others to walk the journey of eating healthy and exercising (well, at least thinking abut exercising. Sure does look great in my imagination...)

Welcome to the best group on MFP, Juju. I love your attitude. We should never lose childlike wonder. And as I tell my kids: you'll laugh about this one day so why wait?

I used to think tracking was a chore. The more I do, the more I learn about myself and my habits. That's been quite empowering. I'm sure after a few weeks tracking will be less time consuming as you say. Good luck!
  • erinjamesferguson
    Options
    Hello everyone. 35 yrs old here. Hoping to get and stay motivated to lar the weight and keep it off. Please feel free to add me. Thanks
  • FitnTrimSteve
    Options
    Hello everyone. 35 yrs old here. Hoping to get and stay motivated to lar the weight and keep it off. Please feel free to add me. Thanks

Welcome aboard Erin!
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Options
    I haven't been in this thread for quite some time.....Good to see everyone again:)
    I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving!
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Sorry to hear you've been sick.. hope you are back to 100%
  • Ralphone
    Ralphone Posts: 1,836 Member
    Options
    HI all happy Tuesday evening here. Hope you are all being good and working out before Thanksgiving. Hi Jo how is it down under?
  • FitnTrimSteve
    Options

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Sorry to hear you've been sick.. hope you are back to 100%

Thanks Jo. Pretty much 100% now.
  • Chelle4077
    Chelle4077 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies and gents. I’ve downloaded and deleted my fitness pal about 3 times now but this time will be different!! :smile:
    I’m 41 from London Ontario Canada and I’m giving this Keto craze a try. I’ve got lots to lose. Always up for a chat buddy if anyone is interested in sharing struggles and achievements!