What I Hate About Watching My Weight/New Lifestyle/Dieting, etc. (A Place to Vent)

Options

Replies

• HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    When your home scale decides to have a hissy fit! This morning I went through my usual morning weigh in routine, was right about where I expected to be, but accidently bumped the scale as I got off, so moved it back and decided to re-weigh. It came up over 1/2 pound heavier - then reset the scale position, reset it, and then it weighed me at 1.2 pounds heavier! WTH?!?

I gave up after that and just used the original since that's where the scale has been the past couple weeks - but still, so annoying! I "know" it's just a number, and only one day, but I like to track my trend and make sure I'm keeping headed in the right direction.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    njitaliana wrote: »
    PS, Yes, I know I could have popcorn, but those tubs have 1200 calories and I'd rather save the calories for a real meal after the movie.

Gotta admit, if I'm going to the movies, I'm having the damn popcorn. Overpriced, overoiled, too many calories, whatever. I need the movie theater popcorn for the experience to be complete.

But you are not wrong. :)

I usually don't. In fact, we usually plan to eat dinner right after the movie, which means I have an incentive not to eat it (we do have coffee at the theaters I normally go to, however, and I might get that, might get a diet coke).

However, every once in a while I feel like going to an early afternoon matinee and having a small popcorn instead of lunch. Sometimes it just hits the spot. (No clue how many calories, I do prefer it without butter, at least, but I'm sure it's a lot.)
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    njitaliana wrote: »
    PS, Yes, I know I could have popcorn, but those tubs have 1200 calories and I'd rather save the calories for a real meal after the movie.

..especially when you know how to make it tastier yourself for way fewer calories (aerosol butter flavor oil spray sprayed on in smaller batches -and, my personal preference, topped with grated parmesan...as opposed to the movie theater mix of super-over-gobbed on oil on some kernels and plenty with none. Fake-butter-flavored oil works SO much better in aerosol spray form then a pump.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    When your home scale decides to have a hissy fit! This morning I went through my usual morning weigh in routine, was right about where I expected to be, but accidently bumped the scale as I got off, so moved it back and decided to re-weigh. It came up over 1/2 pound heavier - then reset the scale position, reset it, and then it weighed me at 1.2 pounds heavier! WTH?!?

I gave up after that and just used the original since that's where the scale has been the past couple weeks - but still, so annoying! I "know" it's just a number, and only one day, but I like to track my trend and make sure I'm keeping headed in the right direction.

Oh, I feel you! My scale has a certain spot it has to sit in to be a consistent weight. It's just a number but it also affects my morale!

• ShayCarver89
    ShayCarver89 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Well, Thanksgiving is tomorrow sOooOoooo
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options

I have to work tomorrow so not really going to eat a ton of food.

I have in my diary already to eat a pint of Talenti's Pumpkin Pie gelato.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options

I'm giving myself maintenance calories tomorrow (so about 2500). That will let me fit in coffee for breakfast (my norm), snacky stuff for lunch (sausage, cheese, veggies and dip, deviled eggs) and a dinner with mashed potatoes, turkey thigh, gravy, stuffed mushrooms, carrot and turnip mash, green beans, stuffing and ham. Also half a bottle of wine and a small piece of chocolate mousse pie.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    coderdan82 wrote: »
    Most goals can be reached faster and with better quality if you put extra work into it. I got out of debt fast by getting an extra job, cutting out all non essential expenses and shoveling every single cent into my loans. I finished some reno projects quickly this summer by working on them every weekend and sacrificing some vacation days. But with weight loss... it's 1-2 lbs per week... that's it... There is absolutely nothing you can do to speed it up. If you try you'll lose muscle at best and cause serious health problems at worst. There are times when I have nothing to do and I start thinking about how I can spend that time to make progress on my weight loss and the realization that there's nothing I can do is infuriating.

The pace is a learning tool! Lean in to it, you're developing habits to stick, hopefully, so might as well get used to them :smile:

My gripe: been whittling my calories down for ten days or so and edging down under the middle of my maintenance range so I can act like eating is my job today, but the kitchen was so clean and the fridge so full of prepared food we went out and grabbed some fajitas last night. The unusual for me salt content kicked the scale up a pound. You know what scale, you don't own me!