Jump- 10min, 158mhr, 133ahr= 199c

Total cal 786

Happy gobble to all
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    #20 person(s): Mama for teaching me, Papa for believing in me, Joe for caring for me and BFF Candy for loving me unconditionally.
    #21 song: hard to choose, but "It is well with my soul" has popped up many times lately...

Margaret good for you for refusing to be pressured into the wrong decision. Sound advice to the first agent.
    Lisa Happy Happy Happy dance. Knew you could do it gal. Hip hip HOORAY!
    Heather happy anniversary, may this be the first of the best ever anniversaries in your new Hove Home.
    Penny loved the image, but really think losing Lisa will be the most apt justice for the interim CEO. :devil:
    Carol, your rain arrived this morning. Many MANY thanks!
    Kay someone will be VERY grateful for your turning their checkbook in. Holidays are not the time to be losing such.
    Evelyn you've piqued my curiosity about the chicken wire/front door decoration...
    pip aww how old was the pup when that was taken?
    Michele and KJ right there with you about Heather's "waiting for the blind man" ;) If you don't want to buy a candy thermometer, this is my go-to fudge recipe:
    https://www.eaglebrand.com/recipe-detail/foolproofchocolatefudge-3968
    Only things I do differently are melt the chocolate S L O W L Y in a double boiler, use waxed or parchment paper instead of the foil and cool to room temp before putting in fridge. Feel it "tempers" the chocolate somehow.
    Kylia good to see you posting. Happy Thanksgiving right back atcha!
    Sue in WA good news about the chemo, keeping good thoughts for you and yours.
    Linda in the North Well done! I've had not one but two or three crappy days, but today was way better. Funny how just a few loads of laundry can give such a needed sense of accomplishment!
    Katla it was your Health Insurance plan I was asking about (aka Medigap or Medicare Supplemental). Think all of us not on Medicare Advantage have Part A and B Medicare.
    Sharon with your attitude and great prep your surgery is bound to succeed!
    Barbie I loved your holiday soap opera stories. :laugh:
    Willow Brava for exercising yesterday! Brava! Love love LOVE the "cannot brain today" meme, I could wear it on my back.
    Machka "...actually put 'Rest' on my calendar" Brilliant! And so very crucial to schedule self-care. Well done.

#22 Story: "Papa and I were lonely and wanted a child but couldn't make one. Pastor Ruehle learned of a child being born whose parents couldn't keep her. He came with us to the hospital to get you. We brought you home to love you forever."

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD.
    walk one more step 16/21, 60 g protein 16/21, rx/vits 16.5/21, meditate 18/21, knee exercises 19/21, SWSY UP 4/8, SWSY LOW 3/8, core 4/8, play with Tumble 8/21, hang up or purge art 0/4 AF 16/21.

That was yogi when we just got him and we were driving home, he was 8 weeks
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,347 Member
    Options
    Did Tracy Long’s Define Lines DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do Denise Austin’s Quick Burn Cardio DVD.

M – After all you’ve been and are going thru, it’s no wonder you sleep thru your MRI’s!!!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Jess called. She was in class, but the funny part was, even tho they were in class, in the Student Union they were watching the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day parade.

Skype was overloaded earlier in the day so hopefully now we can Skype with Denise and Pete.

Just got back from our TD dinner at Ruby Tuesday. I had the grilled salmon, Vince had some sort of triple dinner consisting of ribs, shrimp and chicken tenders with french fries and onion rings. He brought some of it home. I had steamed broccoli and a sweet potato. I need to remember not to order a sweet potato when we go out. They always put this stuff on it (like sugar, etc) and when I ask for it plain, it’s always overcooked. Probably because they overcook it but you can’t see how overcooked it is because of all the “junk”

Last night before going to bed we couldn’t find Shadow anywhere. Finally, Vince looked downstairs, even tho he couldn’t believe she was down there since 3 of our cats were there. She was! Vince could only think that she came down while he was watching TV and the cats were with him. He found Shadow under the sofa! Problem was, she wouldn’t come out. Finally, he heated up some of Lexi’s food so that it would have a strong smell and she came out to eat it. After she finished, I picked her up. Admitted, she did growl at our cats when she passed by them, but I put her down in the living room and she promptly went into the bedroom. I can see how conflicted she is! She wants so badly to explore and expand her horizons…but that means being with the other cats. Hopefully, they’ll get to the point where they just ignore each other. Shadow and Bonnie were just staring at each other earlier. They were probably only 2 feet away. There was some hissing, but that’s all.

Michele in NC
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    <3 Happy Thanksgiving!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    Options
    Tttttt
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    :)
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    All well here; long but safe day i’ll write more tomorrow. Thank you Lisa you’re so sweet :-)
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving!!! I am thankful for many things, including my family and friends, both here and also in my community. DH & I shared turkey leg & thigh today for dinner. Saturday my niece & her significant other are coming and we're going to have a whole turkey with all the trimmings. My niece's daughter & her husband will be with my daughter & Son in Law in the state of Illinois. I just got that news from DD on the phone. We had a nice chat this evening. :bigsmile:
  • Lagopus
    Lagopus Posts: 1,016 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving - after the fact. Norway doesn't celebrate, so yesterday wasn't a holiday and we will be celebrating this evening. On the other hand, the abomination called "Black Friday" has caught on here. :grumble:

I will be cooking a turkey breast (boneless, skinless - you do your best with what you've got) and making a pumpkin pie (using sweet potato since the only available squash was zucchini - again, you make do with what you've got). My parents are visiting my youngest sister and her family in Vermont, so we'll be Skyping with them later today.

Meanwhile I thought I'd share these pictures. Longyearbyen has a couple day care centers. They are fenced in, ostensibly against polar bears, though I doubt the flimsy fence would be any match for a determined polar bear. The kids go out and play regardless of the weather. These pictures show one concession to our harsh climate and dark winter days. It's a play house/jungle gym/tunnel slide illuminated with lights that constantly change color. That way the kids can:
    1. take shelter from the wind and
    2. see what they're doing.
    pp8paz7ch4ev.jpg
    ntbpanriscsp.jpg

Sorry the pics are so fuzzy. If you look closely, you'll see the silhouette of a polar bear on the wall (partially obscured by a fencepost). You'll also see a sign prohibiting photos. That was put up because parents were so tired of all the tourists taking pictures of their children. I was careful to take this one at a time when the kids were indoors.

Gratitude

21. Song - I love too many songs to have a favorite. However, I'm grateful to have found one that reliably drives out earworms, namely the bass aria Betrachte meine Seel from Bach's St. John Passion. It works every time!

22. Story - One morning in May when my father was 8 years old, he looked up and saw a huge blimp passing by overhead. It was the Hindenburg on its way to Lakehurst, NJ. It's a sad story, but it roots my father firmly into a specific era, giving me a way to imagine what life was like back in 1937.

23. Tradition - Having spent childhood in one culture and adulthood in two or three others, I have seen a range of traditions. Today I'm grateful for the Scandinavian tradition of hanging up advent stars in the window. (I hope the link works: it's a Google search.) I didn't think much of the tradition as long as I lived in places where we got daylight every day, but up here, it sure is cheering to have a light in the window!
    /Penny, heading back to the kitchen at the t07190.gif
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,707 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies~
    slept ok.... im thinking we are up where Penny is it is 14 degrees with wind chill feels like 4 . we will just bundle up...I am up showered and dressed, Doris is getting up and dressed.. she is deaf as a post like my dad was until she puts her hearing aids in...Don't think we will go anywhere near Hyannis and the malls.. but will go the other way and just enjoy ourselves.. get some breakfast.. and drive up to Orleans, and Truro and maybe even P town , that is the quiet part of the cape..
    i bought my dear Ruth a soft soft blanket even though the nursing homes are sometimes hot, its just nice to have something soft to cuddle with... she is 91 and still going strong...she lost her left leg below knee from diabetes so unless they use the hoyer to get her out bed, there she sits.. poor thing...
    Tom went and had thanksgiving with his dad which was nice and has Alfie for the weekend... he is a good uncle to him and loves him, glad at least he loves my dog :p
    I cherish the moments I get to spend with Doris , since both my parent's are gone its nice to still have a parental figure who also is a wonderful friend to travel with.... and we both LOVE the Cape....
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Penny The link works. Neat!

Why is their a polar bear silhouette on the wall of the children's shelter from the wind... :o:#:o:#