Bex953172 wrote: »
    JFT Wednesday.
    - 8 glasses of water (priority) ❎
    - Be in the green✔️
    - Exercise❎
    - Tidy the house✔️
    - Nov challenge❎
    - Spend some time with partner <3✔️

Don't think any of you will be surprised to hear this but I am tired.

So I've took a rest day from exercise.
    Messed up on the water, not been with it much today.
    I'm still hungry so might have something 3lse to eat which will take me just over my calories but it is what it is. I'm not going to starve myself. But I'm not going to over indulge either. I think a sandwich should be enough!

I'm other news, I've been speaking with the RSPCA (animal charity - incase it's not in the USA) and they have agreed to help with funding towards neutering.
    I feel kind of weird though. Because it's literally me taking my dogs balls away. LOL it's weird to have the decision of what happens to someone else's balls.
    Hopefully he will stop humping the neighbours MALE dog afterwards!

This almost made me spit out me coffee when I read it! Good for possibly getting help with the cost though!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,762 Member
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    JFt, Wed
    1. taking hubby to have a procedure in the morning ... so walk around while he is getting it done :/ Well... I just sat on my butt reading a book. But ... the excuse to be lazy was nice ;)
    2. prep thanksgiving stuff :)
    3. rake leaves :):) Raked up 14 bags of leaves, and mowed the grass. So nice to have a sunny, beautiful day!!
    4. log all food :)
    5. water :/
    6. mindful eating :/:'( I did great all day long. Tonite, I baked a pumpkin pie, and cut up celery and onions for the dressing . But ... I bought this premixed cookie mix ... pumpkin cookies. All I had to do was add egg and water, so I figured I would make it. Then my daughter came out ... and she is so tired and crying again. Right now, she is laying down. She will not talk, just sobs quietly. Then.. on top of that, I have a very special niece who lost her husband unexpectedly in Feb of this year (he was only 55). She lives 1000 miles from me, but she has many siblings who all love her, but because of her granddaughter, she is not moving back to closer to her siblings. She does not get along with her daughter, but her daughter is alone raising this granddaughter, so she wants to stay close and not move away from her only granddaughter. Well... tonite she posts many disturbing facebook messages ... things like "she has nothing to be grateful for, she has no reason to live, she wants to be with her husband" etc. ... to me... messages reaching out for help. I wrote to her several times via facebook, and asked her to give me her phone# so I can call her, -- no answer, I called her siblings, and they have also been trying to reach her, but they think she is just depressed, but she would not do anything. I thought about calling 911 to go and check on her, but her siblings say she does this all the time. I wish I at least had her phone #.

Tomorrow it will be 6 years ago that my brother took his life, so to me, this scares me. I have had to live for 6 years with the guilt of not being there for my brother ... not seeing the signs, not helping him or stop him, and this scared me.

So unable to help her.... I gave in, not even thinking. I think I ate like 8 or 9 cookies. I am so mad at myself ... this is the mindless eating that I so often do. It didn't help to eat all those cookies (in fact, it just gave me a tummy ache). It didn't help my daughter ... she is now just laying down on the bed, but will not talk .. tells me everything is OK. It will not help my niece... this are things that I cannot control. But I could have controlled how I handled these things, and again, I failed miserably.

But ... tomorrow is a new day. Tomorrow, I will enjoy the day with my husband, and our daughter. I think we are going to take her to see a movie ... if she refuses to do that... we will just drive and look at xmas light displays, or go for a drive for coffee. And for my niece ... all I can do is pray that she will find much yet to be thankful for.

So to all of you, I wish each and every one of you a very blessed and happy thanksgiving (Even the ones across the oceans! ). I am so very thankful for each of you... that I can come on here to vent, to show my flaws and failure, to cheer each other on for any successes we have. I feel so blessed to have met you guys.

Love to you all.

OH.... here my goals for tomorrow
    Thanksgiving
    1. enjoy the day.
    2. mindful eating ... so I PLAN to eat a piece of pumpkin pie with cook whip.
    3. concentrate on water
    4. go outside ... either rake more leaves, put up xmas lights, go for a walk ... something to enjoy the sunshine.
    5. don't beat myself up ..... today was just one day.

I wish you all a very blessed and happy thanksgiving.

How worrisome your nieces posts are, I understand fully. I have a nephew that worries me like that.

I love driving around looking at Christmas lights. I may do that with my Grands this season.

Happy Thanksgiving, savour every bite.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    AJB1014 wrote: »
    1. Log all food -adjust prelog if needed. :)
    2. Eat packed lunch :)
    3. No more donuts - hahaha DH just came in with a "special one" for me its an apple fritter >:)
    4. Take fish oil tonight >:)
    5. ONE evening snack. :)
    6. Proper portion size at dinner :)
    7. Empty/Fill dishwasher :)
    8. Remain positive and kind :)

Jft Thanksgiving
    1. Unplug
    2. Remain present and kind
    3. Enjoy!

Happy day to all JFT pals today. Im so grateful to be a part of this thread every day. Love you all!

Happy Thanksgiving
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    JFT - Wednesday November 21
    2L of Water 😕
    Calories in Green by 150 🙂
    5 Fruits and Veggies 3/5
    Only 1 Evening Snack 🙂
    Walk 1 Mile 😂
    5 Somethings at Bathroom Break I think I did it once
    Write in Journal :(
    BE Conscious of my goals - DO NOT BE DISAPPOINTED WITH MYSELF! 🙂

JFT - Thursday November 22
    2L of Water
    Calories in Green by 150
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Only 1 Evening Snack
    Walk 1 Mile
    5 Somethings at Bathroom Break
    Write in Journal
    BE Conscious of my goals - DO NOT BE DISAPPOINTED WITH MYSELF!

I have a feeling it will be a crappy day at work. We don’t have enough staff to cover all the shifts we have open. I have to advise head office of this. I’ll make it through the day then I’m going to get my nails fixed, deliver a special order then going to my baby’s to see her decorations.

I am off tomorrow!

So yesterday I got all 22 wall hangings completed, and have 55 elves almost ready. They need faces and a bell and hanger still.
  • Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    JFT-Happy Thanksgiving in the U.S.

Can't believe I attended a yoga class early this am. Past holidays, this probably would not have happened!

Pretracked food including Thanksgiving Dinner.
    Attended yoga, 30 mins on elliptical, some floor exercises.
    Drank protein drink instead of mindless snacking when I got home.
    Eating a light lunch.
    Meditate on gratefulness.
    Come up with a nice prayer to say for grace.
    Enjoy tonight's meal without regret.
    Walk this evening with dog before dark. Encourage family to join me.

Our gym's cardio area was crowded today probably because so many races were cancelled today due to freezing weather. So many fit people working out on a holiday...I made the connection. Consistency & dedication.

I'm so grateful for this wonderful group.

• Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    @mytime6630 good for you Joan for recognizing what you can & can't control. It can be exhausting when you feel you're constantly swimming against the current. I hope you continue to focus on your health and what you need. You're doing great! I have to check out Beck Diet Solution as I've so many good things about it. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Oh Man... My Food won't post
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,210 Member
    Options
    It was a very nice thanksgiving day, but tomorrow, I am ready to get back on track, for me.

JFT, Friday
    1. go to the gym .... do this first thing to start my day out
    2. concentrate on water
    3. work on menu plans for the rest of the week
    4. if it is not raining.... rake up more leaves
    5. go out with my daughter tomorrow evening.
    6. mindful eating
    7. listen to the voice in my head that is not self-sabotaging.
    8. read beck diet solution, and/or listen to half size me podcoasts
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Faebert wrote: »
    Morning all, hope Thanksgiving was good.

Had such a long day yesterday. The appointment was good, all the staff were lovely and made things very clear. I am confirmed as high risk for breast cancer. They are doing - and will do - more tests to give me an even closer risk factor but I have set in motion the process for surgery. Scary but feels like the right thing to do.

Really sorry about your news, it must be really tough to hear. But it sounds like you have made a good decision that you are comfortable with, which must make it easier. Surgery is scary, but it will give you peace of mind and you are in tip-top condition so will recover super quickly! Also... You get time off! I had two months off last year to recover from surgery and it was blissful, just getting to sit and do nothing for a change :smile:
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Day off today.... Bliss!!

Can't decide if I should attempt to be productive, or if I should just rest. I think I will do what I feel like :) I have two days off next week as well (I postponed last week's day off) so there is time for being productive in future...

Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Stick to food plan
    - Be in the green
    - 4 bottles water
    - Go to gym

- Savour every bite
    - No eating whilst standing
    - Give myself credit!

- Meditate
    - French homework
    - 2+ of French podcast, article, book
    - Read Beck Diet Solution
    - Gratitude journal

Current calorie balance: Lots in the red, but should do plenty of exercise this weekend

Happy Friday everyone!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,079 Member
    Options
    Well I was in the red yesterday!
    But bakc on it today.

It was the cookies.. And the apple crumble and custard... *sigh*.. Was nice though!

So usual goals
    - 8 glasses of water
    - Be in the green
    - Exercise
    - Tidy the house
    - November Challenge ✔️
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,079 Member
    Options
    Jft Thanksgiving
    1. Unplug :)
    2. Remain present and kind :)
    3. Enjoy! :)

Jft Friday
    1. Do not make cookies
    2. Drink at least 2 more waters, the sooner the better!
    3. Coconut bar for dessert, no more snacks

JFT Sat am
    1. Fish oil
    2. Smoothie for breakfast
    3. Water upon waking
    4. Weigh in and start 10 day challenge - the scale is just data!

Ooo what's your 10 day challenge?
    I'm. Glad you had a good thanksgiving!
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Jft Thanksgiving
    1. Unplug :)
    2. Remain present and kind :)
    3. Enjoy! :)

Jft Friday
    1. Do not make cookies
    2. Drink at least 2 more waters, the sooner the better!
    3. Coconut bar for dessert, no more snacks

JFT Sat am
    1. Fish oil
    2. Smoothie for breakfast
    3. Water upon waking
    4. Weigh in and start 10 day challenge - the scale is just data!

Ooo what's your 10 day challenge?
    I'm. Glad you had a good thanksgiving!

Ive been doing the "just give me 10 days challenge" over on the challenge board!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    I’m here!!!! It’s the end of the day really and I never even got my goals posted. Good thing because I am failing. I am tired, I stayed up until 2am painting, was back up at 8. Kept the grands for a bit and then left for a show. Will be home around 10 tonight and back up and at it again tomorrow morning.

I’ll try to post goals tomorrow but no promises.

@faebert I’m so sorry about your results