JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Replies

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,186 Member
    I am so behind again posting..... just don't know where the time goes, plus I think I have been down in the dumps. I think with our son leaving, I always get that way.

I am just tired a lot, and all hubby wants to do it lay down and watch tv, or work. I know we are both in our upper 60s, but this is not how I want my life to be. I want to get out and do things, you know, have fun. It Seems all we do is I go to the gym in the morning, work all day long, he watches tv in the evenings, while I sew. I guess I just need some excitement in my life LOL!!

Oh well ... it could be worse. We are still here and alive.... but yet, is it wrong to want to do things together! I could do things alone or with friends, which I do. But I just wish he would have more of a desire to go to a movie, a walk, anything! Any suggestions as to how I can get him to do things, and just enjoy life more! To him though, being home is the best thing, listening to music, etc. He loves when I sew, and I do love to sew, but I guess I am just wanting to do more with my life. Anyhow.... sorry for my rant.

So again, simple goals

JFT, Friday
    1. go to the gym
    2. log all water! Carry my water bottle around with me all day
    3. fish fry ... eat only 1 piece
    4. work on pc boards
    5. work on 1 more closet .... get things together to donate.
  • mytime6630
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Okay so I said there may be hope.
    All hope is lost.
    I just couldn't stop eating. I was like some sort of monster eating everything in sight.

I could say I "was" doing well. But in truth, I AM doing well! This is just one bad day! But overall I'm doing good at this!

I've dexided that I need 1 rest day from exercise. I've done 3 days solid and today I just couldn't even muster the energy to laugh so I need to rest.
    I'll see how I go with just one rest day. I may have to change this to two rest days but hopefully not
    But on these days I MUST stay in my calorie goal.

You are doing so great Bex .... like you said, this is just ONE bad day! if you average out your entire week ... it sounds like you had a awesome week!! (Much better than my week was :/ )
  • mytime6630
    Falcon wrote: »
    I'm down to 333.8, I was getting worried because it seemed like my weight was still rising three weeks ago. To see it drop down six pounds is a relief.

Wednesday
    finish prepping for my cousin's wedding on Saturday.
    drank 8 glasses of water
    walked
    stayed within my calorie limit

Great loss!!!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,723 Member
    I was having a good healthy morning and just as I was thinking about lunch my youngest daughter called me. She was in an accident this morning and was at the hospital being checked out. She is absolutely fine some minor cuts and bruises and I’m sure will be very sore tomorrow. They will probably write her car off because the air bags deployed. Anyhow I could let her sit at the hospital by herself and I needed to see with my own eyes she was in fact fine, so I went to her. I was really hungry an hour and a half in of waiting so bought a bag of popcorn from the vending machine. When we were finally done I thought she should eat too so I took her to Dennys for a meal. She hasn’t eaten yet for the day. My husband joined us and I overate and feel stuffed now. I will burn calories tonight at swimming and still be good I think.
  • Snowflake1968
    @mytime6630 I understand exactly what you mean. I am in the same situation with my husband. I do a lot with my girls and my friends but I would really like to do things with him too. We go months without even leaving the house together. It can bring you down really fast.
  • mytime6630
    @mytime6630 I understand exactly what you mean. I am in the same situation with my husband. I do a lot with my girls and my friends but I would really like to do things with him too. We go months without even leaving the house together. It can bring you down really fast.

Is this a "man" thing?? So many of my friends say the same things... their hubbys just are content at home! My hubby only gets out 2x a week to go to the gym ... and we don't do that together because he likes to go saturday and sunday afternoons (and he stays for 3 hrs!). But other than that ... he hardly leaves the house.
  • Snowflake1968
    mytime6630 wrote: »

Is this a "man" thing?? So many of my friends say the same things... their hubbys just are content at home! My hubby only gets out 2x a week to go to the gym ... and we don't do that together because he likes to go saturday and sunday afternoons (and he stays for 3 hrs!). But other than that ... he hardly leaves the house.

My Dad enjoyed going out and doing things even if it was just a drive to look at scenery. My FIL rarely goes out lives just being at home and doing his thing. Most of my friends husbands prefer being home except one who is a social butterfly. My daughters spouses one goes out and one stays home. That’s three generations and I would say the majority like being home. So based on my “research” I would say yes it is a man thing.
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member

My Dad enjoyed going out and doing things even if it was just a drive to look at scenery. My FIL rarely goes out lives just being at home and doing his thing. Most of my friends husbands prefer being home except one who is a social butterfly. My daughters spouses one goes out and one stays home. That’s three generations and I would say the majority like being home. So based on my “research” I would say yes it is a man thing.

I agree with you on that. My Dad is hit or miss. He loves being around people and talking and laughing but he is also totally content watching bad tv or reading a book for a few hours. And my DH loves being home too. Our home is peaceful and secluded. He loves to just sit and watch a baseball/hockey game or play some video games. He's a very physical touch/quality time person so he always likes me to be near him(usually sitting next to him on the couch). We can be doing our own things, just so long as I am near him. I usually schedule my visits wth friends and things during his work shifts.

• mytime6630
    I was having a good healthy morning and just as I was thinking about lunch my youngest daughter called me. She was in an accident this morning and was at the hospital being checked out. She is absolutely fine some minor cuts and bruises and I’m sure will be very sore tomorrow. They will probably write her car off because the air bags deployed. Anyhow I could let her sit at the hospital by herself and I needed to see with my own eyes she was in fact fine, so I went to her. I was really hungry an hour and a half in of waiting so bought a bag of popcorn from the vending machine. When we were finally done I thought she should eat too so I took her to Dennys for a meal. She hasn’t eaten yet for the day. My husband joined us and I overate and feel stuffed now. I will burn calories tonight at swimming and still be good I think.

I am glad your daughter is OK! I remember that feeling when my daughter was in a accident and in the hospital ... like you said ... you just have to see her in person. But you did great just eating popcorn ....especially when you know vending maching have candy, chips -- so many worse choices you could have made.!
  • HEGoddard0928
    Totally forgot to post goals this morning! Lol.

:star: Got up at 5:45
    :star: Went to gym
    :star: Worked 8:15-5:15
    :star: Went over D's after work
    :star: Cleaned/visited

And now I am going to:

Attempt to log everything I ate
    Finish the few dishes in the sink
    Wash face/brush teeth
    Bed by 11:30

I had a FABULOUS day! It was psychotically busy, mainly with paperwork though. We had to do 4 foreign wires, which neither of us had done before. The woman who usually verifies and processes wires was out today so someone else was doing it. Problem was, that woman came to our branch for a conference call with the loan department. So as she was leaving she showed us how to do them. They are supposed to be submitted by 2 pm. Well, I got the last one in at 1:45. But there were some crossed wires and I dont think they got processed until close to 4. It was a whole big headache. But that chaos through the rest of the day into chaos. And we had a customer come in with multiple transactions 7 minutes to close because she didnt want to drive to our other branch that was open until 6! But we got out right when we were scheduled to. Most of the time we leave about 5:05 because we get done with everything way before we lock up so we can just hit a couple buttons and lock a couple of things up and head out the door. Today we had to stay until 5:15! Haha! I'm actually kind of surprised that we got out when we did. Lol.

Anyway, enough ranting and raving(good though!)

JFT, 7/27/18

1. Up by 6
    2. Gym
    3. Prep lunches
    4. Wake DH by 7:15
    5. Work 8:15-5:15
    6. Budget meeting
    7. Pay bills
    8. Dinner/Dishes
    9. DH time
    10. Bed whenever(WEEKEND WOOHOO!)

• HEGoddard0928
    3 pieces of pizza and a half a piece of a $lutty brownie and I still managed to stay just under my calorie goal! It's amazing how many calories you can burn just getting up to go to the bathroom/use the copier/walk to the kitchen for coffee in my branch! Lol.
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member

I had a FABULOUS day!

Sounds like someone's arch nemesis is gone.
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    All hope is lost.
    I just couldn't stop eating. I was like some sort of monster eating everything in sight.

I could say I "was" doing well. But in truth, I AM doing well! This is just one bad day! But overall I'm doing good at this!

I've dexided that I need 1 rest day from exercise. I've done 3 days solid and today I just couldn't even muster the energy to laugh so I need to rest.
    I'll see how I go with just one rest day. I may have to change this to two rest days but hopefully not

Is it possible you are overdoing on your exercising each time?
  • HEGoddard0928
    junodog1 wrote: »

I had a FABULOUS day!

Sounds like someone's arch nemesis is gone.

Today was the first day without her and GOD did it feel GOOD.
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    I am so behind again posting..... just don't know where the time goes, plus I think I have been down in the dumps. I think with our son leaving, I always get that way.

I am just tired a lot, and all hubby wants to do it lay down and watch tv, or work. I know we are both in our upper 60s, but this is not how I want my life to be. I want to get out and do things, you know, have fun. It Seems all we do is I go to the gym in the morning, work all day long, he watches tv in the evenings, while I sew. I guess I just need some excitement in my life LOL!!

You are not alone, Joan. So many women feel the same way. I watched a house do-over show recently. The woman wanted to expand the kitchen so that all the kids and their friends could all fit when they came home. The dad? He wanted a "quiet room" so that he could close the door, sit in a comfortable chair, and listen to his music and read.

My two cents but: you should do what you enjoy. Both of you. He enjoys being at home. You enjoy being active, including outside the home and with other people. It's important you both respect each other's wants...to let each other freely do your own thing, without guilt. And both of you should purposely plan to do what the other enjoys as well. You spending the day/evening with him doing whatever he wants and on the flip side he needs to get out and do something with you, some kind of outing. That way everyone gets what they want to do---it does take effort and a willingness to realize that we are all different and get recharged in different ways!

Now, when I'm on here saying the same thing one day, Joan, you need to send the above back to me, lol! Marriage is continual effort, eh?!

Peace and joy!
    ps, did you get rid of all that food???
  • jeschepp
    jeschepp Posts: 307 Member
    For today (day 3 of trip):
    30 minutes exercise ✅ did an hour with walking a nature reserve and swimming
    Track food and exercise ✅
    Eat all servings of 5 food groups :( this has been so hard while traveling. Doing my best.
    Meet 1200-1400 net calories, counting exercise ✅
    Water challenge-80 oz. ✅
    Post here for accountability ✅

For tomorrow (day 4 of trip):
    30 minutes exercise
    Track food and exercise
    Eat all servings of 5 food groups
    Meet 1200-1400 net calories, counting exercise
    Water challenge-80 oz.
    Post here for accountability

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,059 Member
    toaljasa wrote: »
    All hope is lost.

Is it possible you are overdoing on your exercising each time?

I don't think so, I only do up to half an hour apart from the dance cardio which is a 15 min video then a 30 min video. Just because the 30 isn't enough on its own, I don't feel worked out enough!

I dunno maybe I am! How do I know lol!
  • sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    JFY (Thursday)
    1) Stay "in the green" with my calorie intake :/
    2) Stay "in the green" with my sodium intake :)
    3) Drink all my water before allowing myself to have a Diet Coke :)
    4) Go to the gym :)
    5) Complete 3 orders from my shop :)
    6) Log all my food for the day :/

JFT (Friday)
    1) Stay "in the green" with my calorie intake
    2) Stay "in the green" with my sodium intake
    3) Drink all my water before allowing myself to have a Diet Coke
    4) Go to the gym
    5) Complete 2 orders from my shop
    6) Log all my food for the day
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,059 Member
    Morning all! Well it's 2pm here now!
    I'm having a much better day today!
    It's going well so far, I've avoided any crisps and biscuits even though I'd really love some!
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Stressssssssssssssssssssssssssssing out hardcore this morning. I was spitting venom barely after opening my eyes. I called myself out - and DH and I had a good laugh about it. But its coming back in waves. Come into work for more stress. Have to take a 2 hour tour to go pick something up that I volunteered to do earlier in the week - maybe it will be a good time to chill out. Still waiting to see the appraisal that was due in yesterday. Ate like crap last night because of a self sabotage moment skipping snack and not planning something a head of time. Alright enough belly aching! Checking in and changing my attitude. Oh also, a puppy that I'm in love with is suddenly looking for a home, and I'm weak...pray for my DH :D

JFT Friday
    1. STAY POSITIVE - YOU GET BACK WHAT YOU PUT OUT
    2. BE KIND - TO YOURSELF SO YOU CAN BE KIND TO OTHERS
    3. DONT EAT YOUR FEELINGS - FEEL YOUR FEELINGS, DONT EAT THEM
    4. Call in RX
    5. Just get through the day

JFT Thursday
    1. CALL IN RX >:)
    2. Log all food :)
    3. Be kind :|
    4. Lots of water :)
    5. 10 wall push ups/bathroom trip AND get up and move once per hour...even if its just to stand :)
    6. Smart lunch choice :)
    7. Cook dinner at home >:)