I will start small.
    Just for today, I intend to do the following:
    1. Do 2 min plank, side & front
    2. Walk for 3 Km
    3. Do sudharshana kriya

Couldn’t do any of the above today! ☹️

Dont worry about it!
    I've not done mine all weekend haha
    It's not about being perfect, but making progress!
    Can I ask what sudharshana kriya is?

Just got to try again tomorrow and forget today, one day at a time :)
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,217 Member
    Options
    JFT, Sat
    1. try and put up outside xmas lites before the weather changes :) And raked up 14 more bags of leaves!
    2. work on reading pillows, and xmas projects :) Finished 3 reading pillows
    3. help hubby :) Hubby busy putting in a new water heater
    4. clean house :/
    5. go to the gym. :/
    6. take a walk if not raining :/ It was a beautiful day, but after all my outside work, just too tired.
    7. water water water!!! :)
    8. read podcast :)
    9. read more of beck diet :)

Been fighting so hard getting down on myself... I know its that time of year, which I always struggle with. So keeping busy today....
    1. log all food
    2. concentrate on mindful eating. Eating will not help with the flood of emotions I have going on right now.
    3. try and call my niece who lost her husband... she is also suffering a lot
    4. get bills from my daughter so I can pay them
    5. finish up on reading pillows .... start xmas towel sets
    6. listen to half size me youtube
    7. read beck diet book ... work on response cards

• HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Well I had a heck of a workout this afternoon! There has been a metal frame for a tarp shed just sitting in my side yard for about a month now. The DH and I finally succeed in wrestling the rest of it together. I then spent another hour filling it with stuff from my bedroom that I needed to get out. Now I have plenty of room to do some at home workouts and they dont have to be insanely early in the morning so I dont disturb the DH. I am very happy but very very tired. Lol. Tonight is definitely going to be an early night if I dont fall asleep on the couch. Lol. I have a few chicken breast cooking in the crock pot that I am going to keep in the fridge for some easy weeknight dinners. I'm also going to use some of it to make my super easy honey sesame chicken for dinner tonight. Using precooked chicken cuts the cooking time in half. And since the chicken is already shredded it looks like a lot more food on the plate as opposed to just cut up chunks of chicken. Lol

Still kind of quiet! I hope it gets busy here again during the week. I miss everyone!
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Well I had a heck of a workout this afternoon! There has been a metal frame for a tarp shed just sitting in my side yard for about a month now. The DH and I finally succeed in wrestling the rest of it together. I then spent another hour filling it with stuff from my bedroom that I needed to get out. Now I have plenty of room to do some at home workouts and they dont have to be insanely early in the morning so I dont disturb the DH. I am very happy but very very tired. Lol. Tonight is definitely going to be an early night if I dont fall asleep on the couch. Lol. I have a few chicken breast cooking in the crock pot that I am going to keep in the fridge for some easy weeknight dinners. I'm also going to use some of it to make my super easy honey sesame chicken for dinner tonight. Using precooked chicken cuts the cooking time in half. And since the chicken is already shredded it looks like a lot more food on the plate as opposed to just cut up chunks of chicken. Lol

Still kind of quiet! I hope it gets busy here again during the week. I miss everyone!

Proud of you Kitten👏👏👏😀
    Hugs and love. Keep up the great work. I'm loving your progress
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Late checking in this morning as have spent the pre-workout time doing online Christmas shopping! Yesterday was ok - didn’t get my walk in and ate way too much but finished an epic weekend of domestic organising!

Sunday goals
    - finish laundry 😃 all washed, dried stuff has been folded and put away. One last load to dry... ✅ 😇
    - Finish clearing ✅
    - Long walk ❎ train strike meant I had to take a different route and less walking time
    - Brunch and hang out with bf ✅
    - Pick up girls ✅
    - Pack school bags✅
    - Dinner and early night✅

Monday goals
    - morning workout ✅
    - Water!
    - Early to work - tidy classroom, stick sheets, GAG
    - Phone waste collection company on break
    - More Christmas shopping
    - Meeting 4-6
    - Pick up gifts from shop after meeting
    - Put units in car to take to work
    - Early night

Have a great day everyone
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Monday weigh-in:

Goal weight: 154
    October 15th: 164.25
    October 22nd: 167.25
    October 29th: 163
    November 5th: 164.25
    November 12th: 165.75
    November 19th: 164.25
    November 26th: 162.5

Numbers are going in the right direction!

Now need to keep it up for this week. Monday - Wednesday should be ok, but Thursday - Saturday could have overeating if I'm not careful - will need to make a plan for how to avoid that.
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Be in the green
    - 3+ bottles water
    - No alcohol

- Savour every bite
    - No eating whilst standing
    - Give myself credit!

- 45 minute lunch break
    - Meditate
    - 2+ of French podcast, article, book
    - Finish work at 6.30 pm latest
    - Read Beck Diet Solution
    - Gratitude journal
    - Lights out by 11

Current calorie balance: 0
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options

1. Take temp upon waking :|The cat was a jerk and woke me up a bunch of times so I wasn't able to.
    2. Weigh in :)Will post when I am done with this
    3. Up at 7 :D8am. See #1
    4. Church :)Had a really good time. The DH didnt go but sometimes I like going alone and just spending time with my parents.
    5. Batch cook chicken :)I even cleaned it up too! Lol
    6. Do laundry! :)My Dad did most of it! It was very sweet of him.
    7. Fold damn clothes!!!!! :):):)FINALLY DONE!!!
    8. Cook dinner :)Didnt add enough honey to the recipe...
    9. Be present with the DH :)We spent most of the evening "chatting" with a friend while they played video games but we did watch a bit of hockey
    10. Bed by 10!!! :)I actually did this! After fighting with the shed and then moving all the boxes out of the house into it I was utterly exhausted. It probably would have been earlier if the DH didnt "demand" we get ice cream. Lol

So it's 5:40. I woke up 10 minutes ago. I couldn't sleep! How annoying. The DH came to bed around 2:30 and after that, I tossing and turning and waking up every hour. I figured what the heck I'll get up now and go to the gym. So I guess that is what I am going to do when I am done with this.

I mentioned wanting ice cream yesterday afternoon so the DH demanded that we go get some last night. It was around 9pm so we ended up just going to our local convenience store to get it. I picked up a pint of light ice cream so I could eat the whole thing and not feel guilty about it. Seeing as how I worked my tail off yesterday afternoon I had way more than enough room calorically for it.

It's Monday and I dont want to go to work. :neutral: Although I dont know many people that really ever want to go to work on a Monday. Lol. It should be fine though. It will probably be slow. Monday's usually aren't too exciting. At least I hope it won't be.

Okay, enough chatter. If I want to go to the gym I had better go now before I talk myself out of it.

JFT, 11-26-18

1. Log all food
    2. Go to the gym
    3. Pack lunch
    4. Work 8:15-4:15
    5. Make dinner!
    6. Work on the budget for next month
    7. Spend time with the DH. Be present
    8. Bed by 10.

I hope everyone has a great day and I will try to check in some time during work!
  • TimeToReduceFat
    TimeToReduceFat Posts: 127 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    I will start small.
    2. Walk for 3 Km
    3. Do sudharshana kriya

Dont worry about it!

@Bex953172:
    Yep, one day at a time!

Quoting Art of living "Sudarshan Kriya and accompanying breathing practices, referred to collectively as SKY and taught through the Art of Living Foundation worldwide, have been found to enhance brain, hormone, immune and cardiovascular system function."

For me.. I suffer from depression & doing this makes me feel better. There are people who criticize it. Since, it hasn't done me any harm & I feel better, I try to practice it.
  • EliseTK1
    EliseTK1 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    JFT:
    Log all my calories and stay within my limit.
    Go for a run after work.
  • TimeToReduceFat
    TimeToReduceFat Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    2. Walk for 3 Km minimum
    3. Do sudharshana kriya
    4. Do Not spend more than 30 bucks

Things I need to work on gradually:
    1. Be consistent in exercising
    2. Work on saving money
    3. Drink enough water
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    JFT Monday
    1. Rest day - no run. Feed cats. Morning meds. Tea! Log 1 item. TAKE SHOES.
    2. Submit Week 17; draft week 18. Print progress reports, Week 17, project overview for WM.
    3. Class 2-3: Mac lab @ start of block; print Machiavellis to present Wednesday. Likert survey. Return work. Wm ch 1. Reflection 43. Progress reports @ end of class. Hand in late work AFTER handing out PRs.
    4. Class 4 - Article overview. WM project intro. Reflection 43. Return work. Progress reports. 4th needs practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles).
    5. Call parents? Work on quizzes for MLA/research and poetry. Brainstorm Malala.
    6. Review unit plans and compare to notes outlines. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water.
    7. Strength 4:30. Zumba 5:30. Meetup 6:30? Put laundry away. Discussion post.
    8. Prep Tue lunch: Beef stew. Chop celery. Prep cheese. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 4:50.

Ongoing plans/ideas
    1. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion.
    2. Create poetry project using Those Winter Sundays, Sonnet 18, and Sonnet 30.
    3. Develop writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts.
    4. Write next blog post. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Barn order: stapler,
    5. Keep track of medical stuffs. Dentist? Also Feb 7 9:30 w Ac Int. Sub already set up. Apr 22 McC. Need sub. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    6. Gifts for dad and DH - look for licorice puffs (Dollar Tree), cookbook.
    7. Check on conference; follow up on seminar proposal. Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Can poetry unit be condensed?
    8. Go to used bookstore and look for Beauty (McKinley), Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman) and The Prince (tr. Tim Parks).
    9. Design minibuttons with school logo, mascot, crest. Minibuttons that say THIS IS WHAT ANTIFASCISM LOOKS LIKE. White text on black bars on red background.
    10. Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Jewelry - check what the wire thingies are called and look for Youtube videos about how to work with them.
    11. Make plan for classroom observations; ask other teachers about projects or lessons they feel confident about.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,500 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    I'm back. Last night I read 87 JFT posts to catch up, and this morning there were 9 new posts. So happy JFT is active and so supportive!

@Faebert So sorry to hear your news, but I think you are doing the right thing. As someone already mentioned, since you are so fit and active, your recovery should be so much quicker and better. Sending you hugs!!!

@mytime6630 Sending hugs to you, my friend! Wishing there was something magical and miraculous I could say or do for you. You are such a good mom.

My Thanksgiving break from logging went fine. It was the next three days at home with hubby, unstructured days with no set meal plans or even times, since we took advantage of time off work and slept in. I did log food, but def not pretty ~ net calories red, red, red ~ ACK!!!

I walked dog 3 miles on Thanksgiving morning but then the rest of day was very inactive ~ Fitbit had only 4 of 14 hours with 250+ steps ~ yikes! But I did take long walks with dog Friday - Sunday... we walked a total of 13 miles those days. And back to JFT today. :#
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    1. Water! More water! :)
    2. Elderberry and fish oil >:)
    3. Check hot tub chems :)
    4. Meal plan week ahead >:)
    5. Bed early :)

JFT Monday
    1. Log all food
    2. Eat packed lunch
    3. Cook dinner at home
    4. Three waters before noon - another three after
    5. Empty/Fill dishwasher
    6. Load of laundry
    7. Cyber Monday - socks for, new cup for work, travel mug for DH - $50 limit
  • cschmitz110515
    Options
    I'm not going to look for / update my last post from last week.

JFT M 11/26 ~ Rest day... have walked dog 6 days in a row for a total of > 23 miles and I need a break. :p
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work
    2) Nov. challenge ~ 5 somethings every bathroom trip
    3) Not sure of lunch & will pick up supper at Chili John's after hair appt. / prelog as much as possible / net calories w/i 100 green / 14c water
    4) Evening: 6:30 appt. / hubby time since he took vacation day
    5) Unplug 9:00 / FLOSS / retainers / set/verify alarm, bed & TV off 10:15 (walk dog before work T)
  • Sofia_Alegria
    Sofia_Alegria Posts: 57 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    I’m swamped with e-mails so don’t have much time but wanted to check in briefly with you.
    I had a really wonderful Thanksgiving! Didn’t overeat and stayed on track with my exercising. I managed to lose .4 lbs. so I’m really pleased :)

I’ve started reading the Beck Book and have found it very helpful. I’ve made my Advantage List. Decided on my diet; a simple nutritional one with more fruits/veggies and less sugars/carbs. For the back up (I doubt I’ll use it but the book says to choose one so I’m heeding the advice) I chose the South Beach b/c I did it way back when and got good results from it. I’m on Day 3 today and am committing to sitting down for every bite. My downfall is when I taste things as I cook but I’m really going to put my best foot forward and stay on plan. The book makes a lot of sense and it’s a novel approach to weight loss/maintenance so I’m totally on board. Thank you so much for your input on this. It motivated me to get it and follow it. :)

JFT:
    Hit 8000 steps
    5 somethings every bathroom break
    Sit down for every bite

Y’all have a great Monday and I hope to have a little bit more time tomorrow. <3
  • cschmitz110515
    Options
    Weekly Weigh-In = When I'm active I eat back calories. My weaknesses: I love food... my sweet tooth, especially chocolate... portion control... FOMO (Fear of Missing Out). I no longer weigh myself daily but I peek occasionally. Saturday a.m. weigh-in is my MFP logging day. My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale. No goal dates set ~ as long as my trend is downward, I get there when I get there!

Age 61, 5'4.5"
    GW #1: 150 in a livable way = It's. Not. A. Diet.
    GW #2: 145 normal BMI
    UG maintain: 140 - 145 [Need to be realistic! Will revisit UG & may revise to maintain 145 - 150]

11/5/15 = 195.0 joined MFP with no real plan except It's. Not. A. Diet.
    1/10/17 = 185.5 clearly not a regular on MFP / joined JFT, best group ever! :smiley:
    5/31/17 = 180.5 two end of month celebrations / committed to posting weekly weigh-in
    06/03 = 177.5
    06/10 = 179.5 pre-10K spaghetti supper night before
    06/17 = 179.5 numerous meals away from home, several occasions w/ alcohol, happy no gain
    06/24 = 178.0 fluctuated during week, but ended ok
    07/01 = 176.0 Yay!!! Achieved June goal to stay <180
    07/08 = 177.5 oops
    07/15 = 176.5
    07/22 = 175.0
    07/29 = 174.0 saw at least one daily w-i below 174
    08/05 = 174.5 dined out for Girls Day Out & ate Dad's cooking & baking
    08/12 = 173.5 scale flirted with even lower numbers on daily weigh-ins
    08/19 = 173.5 had couple of high calorie days
    08/26 = 172.0 kind of a surprise
    09/02/17 = 170.0 Woohoo! Officially overweight, not obese :smiley:
    09/09 = 171.5 backsliding, ack!
    09/16 = 169.5 yay, the middle number is a six!
    09/23 = 168.5 have lots challenges in upcoming week
    09/30 = 167.0 met Sept goal to stay under 170
    10/07 = 166.0
    10/14 = 166.5 dined out 2 days with adult beverages plus wine & cheesecake at spa
    10/21/17 = 166.5 dined out 2 days plus food day in office / no gain is good [joined Just Give Me 10 Days challenge (daily w/i)]
    10/28 = 164.5 very active week & watched CICO / reached October goal of 165
    11/04 = 163.0 wow, really surprised at this, daily fluctuations very up and down this week
    11/11 = 164.5 this is temporary b/c very high sodium yesterday
    11/18 = 162.0 big surprise, especially b/c I weigh myself daily and didn't see this all week
    11/25 = 163.0 no surprise after 2 no-logging-food days (parade day and Thanksgiving), just glad not worse
    12/02 = 161.0 Jingle Bell 5K day / 44:37 chip time & ave. pace 14:22 & very happy!
    12/09/17 = 158.5 surprised to say the least / first time in 10 years my weight is 1-5-anything! :love:
    12/16 = 158.0 no work parties or food days & stuck with CICO
    12/23 = 157.5 no "workouts" but shoveled snow & snowshoed, busy with Christmas preparations
    12/30 = 159.0 Christmas Day no food/beverages logged
    01/06/18 = 159.0 New Year's Eve hubby & I splurged on treats & beverages (at home), and I did not log...totally worth it!
    01/13 = 157.0 big surprise! Yesterday evening, walked in Frenzy on the Fox 5K in 47:26 & pace 15:19. Very happy with my time, wore layers of clothes in 10 degrees & NNW 12 mph wind, fun event.
    01/20 = 156.5
    01/27 = 156.5 maintaining / not a bad thing
    02/03 = sick / no weigh in
    02/10 = 152.5 unhealthy loss due to illness / I know weight will go back up & I'm totally fine with that
    02/17 = 153.0 thrilled with annual physical on 2/15/18: BP 110/68, pulse 64 and BMI 26.14 :star:
    02/24 = 154.0 little out of control last week, but at goal for the month
    03/03 = 155.5 oops / still lower than before I was sick
    03/10 = 153.5 back on track
    03/17 = 152.5
    03/24 = 153.0 evening snacks & two days straight of 8 hr seminars (+ lots of sitting)
    03/31 = 153.5 pre-10K spaghetti supper night before / Badger State Brewing 10K 1:30:28.82 and average pace 14:35 :smiley:
    04/07 = 154.5 ack ~ ate Easter candy most evenings
    04/14 = 153.5 Day 1 of record-setting blizzard ~ yuck! Followed by day 2 of blizzard, then snow day (no work / still shoveling & plowing) on Monday ~ in APRIL ~ yikes! :p
    04/21 = 153.5 after such weird week & daily weight fluctuations, happy to maintain
    04/28 = 152.0
    05/05 = 153.5 kinda stalled three months + feeling hungry more often ~ since w/i 10# of goal, changed MFP setting to lose 1/2 lb. per week & see how it goes
    05/12 = 153.5 ok with this ~ think changing my MFP setting, and having more net calories to play with, is agreeing with me ~ I'm not so hungry all the time
    05/19 = 154.0 drinks (2 margaritas) & dinner w/ BFF night before + enjoyed everything!
    05/26 = 153.0 Health Risk Assessment 5/15/18 ~ BMI 25.6 :star:
    06/02 = 153.0 basically in maintenance for now ~ I'll take it!
    06/09 = 152.5 Bellin Run 10K 1:28:12 split time 45:03 ave. pace 14:12 ~ beat goal of < 1:30 :star:
    06/16 = 152.0
    06/23 = 156.0 end of vacation week & lots of eating out
    06/30 = 155.5
    07/07 = 156.0 post-vacation w/i net calories not. so. much. Ack!
    07/14 = 154.5 prelogging & sticking w/ plan helps
    07/21 = 154.5 Packers 5K 44:50 ave pace 14:26 min/mile ~ beat goal < 45:00 :star:
    07/28 = 157.5 peanut M&M attacks (eek) + dinner out w/ SIL/niece (yum!) + staff luncheon (ick)
    08/03 = 155.5 started Evening Snack Challenge on JFT
    08/11 = 158.0 stressful week (job crap ~ hubby's & my own) >:) , Chinese buffet 1 evening & Feast with the Beasts (so worth it!)
    08/18 = 157.5 saw 156.0 during week ~ evening snack challenge not. so. good.
    08/25 = 156.0 prelogged as much as possible & CICO getting better
    09/01 = 154.5 included Taste on Broadway & office relocation so packing & moving boxes ~ very pleased
    09/08 = 157.5 too many office bday indulgences / City Stadium 5K for Veterans 44:27 & ave. pace 14:16 ~ beat goal of < 44:30 :star:
    09/15 = 156.0
    09/22 = 155.5 maybe lower if not for Pizza Ranch prairie pizza & wine at BFF's the night before
    09/29 = 154.0
    10/06 = 155.0 may include water retention in muscles b/c resumed home version of weights & circuit-training day before
    10/13 = 157.0 birthday treats & adult beverages / walked in Run for the Hill of It 5K in 48:13 pace 15:32 & hill 2:01 ~ beat both time (part unpaved trail with sloppy conditions due to 5" rain over preceding week) & hill (finish is UP a steep sledding hill) from last year :star: and learned only 25 out of 267 participants finished the hill < 1 min.
    10/20 = 155.0
    10/27 = 158.0 oops... lots of leaf-raking the evening before + too. much. snacking.
    11/03 = 156.5 better planning / stopped evening snacking (mostly)
    11/10 = 156.0 basically stuck in maintenance mode ~ not the worst thing
    11/17 = 157.0
    11/24 = 159.5 Thanksgiving week & paid time off with hubby ~ def going in wrong direction ~ oops

“Start by doing what’s necessary, then what’s possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.” Francis of Assisi
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,091 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    I will start small.
    2. Walk for 3 Km
    3. Do sudharshana kriya

Dont worry about it!

@Bex953172:
    Yep, one day at a time!

Quoting Art of living "Sudarshan Kriya and accompanying breathing practices, referred to collectively as SKY and taught through the Art of Living Foundation worldwide, have been found to enhance brain, hormone, immune and cardiovascular system function."

For me.. I suffer from depression & doing this makes me feel better. There are people who criticize it. Since, it hasn't done me any harm & I feel better, I try to practice it.

Ahh no way. I've never heard of it but I'm going to look it up!
    I suffer from depression too.