Keto/Carnivore/OMAD 5 week fat loss challenge

Options
opa1
opa1 Posts: 34 Member
Join me! I plan on working hard to see how much fat I can lose before the end of the year. My goal is to start 2019 motivated to stick to lifestyle change for the long haul.

Height: 5’ 0
CW: 61kg - 63kg
GW: 50kg - 53kg

Start: 26/11/18

Week 1:
Week 2:
Week 3:
Week 4:
Week 5:

End: 30/12/18

Replies

• cathyL11
    cathyL11 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hi Opa1 I’ll join you. I’m starting my challenge today Nov 25 as I was eating keto while visiting my son for Thanksgiving here in the States. Now I’m back home I can revert to my regular carnivore lifestyle.
    Height 5’4” 64”. 162.56 cm
    Current Weight :
    Goal weight. 65.7 kg. (145 lb)
  • cjv73
    cjv73 Posts: 240 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Hey, good timing! I just started OMAD yesterday too, following a Keto WOE. I'll join you!

Height: 5’ 10"
    CW: 272 lbs
    GW: 165 lbs

Week 1:
    Week 2:
    Week 3:
    Week 4:
    Week 5:

• nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Are you doing all three? Keto, carnivore and OMAD?

I'll join you too. I'm not really trying to lose but I wouldn't mind a few more pounds gone by Xmas. I am basically a carnivore, and I am ketogenic because my meats tend to be fatty. I don't log meals or count calories. I usually practice IF with a 4-8 hour eating window; OMAD doesn't really interest me because I don't want to eat that much meat at one sitting, although I've naturally done it a few times. I kind of wish I OMAD did agree with me - it simplifies cooking!

Height 5'8"
    Age 44
    CW 157.4
    GW by new year is <155

I'd like to get into the 140s again but I'm pretty happy where I am and am in no rush. I'm losing about 0.5 Lb a week so I'll just keep doing what I'm doing while getting to know new people. :)
  • irena7x
    irena7x Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'll join also :)
    Current weight: around 68kg
    Goal weight: 60 kg
  • opa1
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Great we can do this! I’m trying out Carnivore but long term i’d like to stick to keto omad.

Feel free to post pictures of your meals too :)
  • AlyssaP1987
    AlyssaP1987 Posts: 259 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    I will join! I was keto for 6 months, lost 61 pounds but then have been cheating past 2 months and gained 5 pounds back. Starting back officially tomorrow.

CW: 166
    GW for New Years: 155
    Height 5'3"
  • opa1
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Week 1
  • opa1
    Options
    Height: 5’ 0”
    CW: 63kg
    GW: 50kg
    End of challenge GW: 58kg

Week 1: 63.3kg
    Week 2:
    Week 3:
    Week 4:
    Week 5:

• AlyssaP1987
    AlyssaP1987 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I will join! I was keto for 6 months, lost 61 pounds but then have been cheating past 2 months and gained 5 pounds back. Starting back officially tomorrow.

CW: 166
    GW for New Years: 155
    Height 5'3"

My age is not 3 hahahahhahahha its 31.
  • cjv73
    Options
    Height: 5’ 10"
    SW: 272 lbs (started 24/11/18)
    GW: 165 lbs

Week 1: 268 lbs
    Week 2:
    Week 3:
    Week 4:
    Week 5:

• cjv73
    Options
    Interesting article on what you can put in your coffee (or in my case, tea) without breaking your fast:

https://www.drbeckyfitness.com/coffee-and-intermittent-fasting/
  • dknight6466
    dknight6466 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I will join.

Height: 5'2"
    End of Challenge GW: 175
  • opa1
    edited November 2018
    Options
    cjv73 thank you for sharing, so happy to know I can still use cream in my coffee/tea 🙌🏾
  • nvmomketo
    Options
    My foods today were coffee with cream, stevia and protein powder, 2 cheese sausages, a pepperoni, taco seasoned beef with sour cream, and probably some cheese later.

No pictures. It would be pretty dull to look at. ;)

I had a cookie at a Grey Cup party yesterday and the scale bounced up a couple of pounds. I find when I eat carnivore, when I do have a bunch of carbs (relatively speaking) the scale responds quite quickly with water weight.
  • cjv73
    Options
    My meal today was a nice big salmon fillet with a creamy mustard sauce (hwc), baked cauliflower slathered with sour cream, bacon, and shredded cheese (fake baked potato -- so yummy!!) While making dinner I snacked on 80g of almonds and cashews, and finished dinner with a Chapman's NSA ice cream bar. I prefer to eat a smaller quantity of higher-fat/higher-calorie foods that I enjoy rather than stuff myself full of large quantities of lower-calorie food. Even just this amount of food was almost too much...
  • opa1
    edited November 2018
    Options
    My food was pretty basic;

Tea with heavy cream
    2 eggs fried in coconut oil
    Avocado
    2 chicken thighs slathered in olive oil
  • cjv73
    Options
    For today:

80 g almonds and cashews while making dinner
    Keto chicken pot pie
    Chicken cauliflower chowder
    2 Pepperettes
    Chapman's NSA ice cream bar
  • nvmomketo
    Options
    Tuesday's food is ground beef with taco seasoning and sour cream; coffee with cream, stevia and protein powder; pepperoni; bbq beef sandwich without bread.
  • opa1
    edited November 2018
    Options
    My food;

Tea with heavy cream
    2 eggs fried in coconut oil and topped with fried onions
    Avocado
    2 chicken thighs slathered in olive oil
    2 boiled eggs mixed with mayonnaise
  • EnufAlready
    EnufAlready Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hi I would like to join your challenge. I just started keto this week and struggling with all the fat and calories.

Height 5 foot 0
    CW 173
    GW for New Years 165

I actually just started with a new health centre and told them I want to go keto so they gave me a diet outline with macros and I had my RMR done. I burn 1426 just sitting around doing nothing apparently and they don/t want me to go below that. That was the first shocker. Second shocker: I thought I knew keto but I guess I was just doing low carb. After they gave me my macros I am struggling with meeting them. Limiting my protein and increasing my fat is new to me but Im going to give it a good try.