November 2018 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    @skippygirlsmom I am so glad she is home with you now. I was hoping as I was reading that you pulled her out of the dorm and brought her home. What horrible horrible mess! Ugh!
  • zeesparrow
    zeesparrow Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    @skippygirlsmom I was just thinking of you yesterday and wondering how Skip was doing. I can't even express my thoughts right now but they involve a whole string of *kittens.* Now that Skip is well clear of that program I hope you will follow up with the Dean of Students, the RA, whoever the boss of the RA is, and other people at the school, because it doesn't sound to me as though the school did everything they could to help her - at least not at the highest level - if this sort of nonsense is allowed to continue until some future girl does kill herself they will have lawsuits, and surely they don't want that.

Will definitely pray for you and Skippy! Enjoy your rest, you have earned some peace.
    @skippygirlsmom I am so glad she is home with you now. I was hoping as I was reading that you pulled her out of the dorm and brought her home. What horrible horrible mess! Ugh!

What they said.
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    @skippygirlsmom <3 I am so sorry for both Skip and you. That was one of the most terrifying stories I have heard in a long time. I will be praying for you both.
  • zeesparrow
    zeesparrow Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    As for me, Friday was a scheduled rest day ... just walked the dogs. Yesterday my husband walked the dogs so I didn't even do that!

Today, it felt bitter cold early this morning. We waited until after breakfast and it had warmed up a bit, then went out for 2.51 miles. The first mile or so I continue to take walking breaks, but after that I'm good. We only stopped when the dogs insisted on a potty/sniff break.

November total: 22.43/28 miles
    exercise.png
  • MobyCarp
    MobyCarp Posts: 2,927 Member
    Options
    @skippygirlsmom I am so sorry Skip and you are going through all that pain. I have no words of wisdom to help, just a hope and a prayer that things look better for your family soon.
  • Charlene____
    Charlene____ Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    11.1: 3.5 @ 8:09/M (3.5) Pace Run- Treadmill
    11.2: 7.2 @ 9:46/M (10.7) Long Run

11.4: 4.0 @ 9:04/M (14.7) Easy Run
    11.5: 3.5 @ 8:27/M (18.2) Fartlek
    11.6: 4.0 @ 9:20/M (22.2) Easy Run
    11.7: 8.3 @ 9:35/M (30.5) Long Run
    11.9: 3.5 @ 8.25/M (34) Pace Run- Treadmill

11.11: 4.0 @ 9:06/M (38) Easy Run
    11.12: 4.0 @ 9:00/M (42) Intervals- Treadmill
    11.13: 8.1 @ 9:56/M (50.1) Long Run
    11.15: 4.0 @ 8:19/M (54.1) Pace Run
    11.16: 4.0 @ 9:19/M (58.1) Easy Run- Treadmill

11.18: 4.0 @ 9:09/M (62.1) Easy Run
    11.19: 3.5 @ 8:35/M (65.6) Tempo Run
    11.20: 8.4 @ 9:33/M (74) Long Run
    11.22: 3.5 @ 8:15/M (77.5) Pace Run
    11.23: 4.0 @ 9:08/M (81.5) Easy Run

11.25: 4.0 @ 9:11/M (85.5) Easy Run

Goal for November is 105.5M following my training plan. Working on figuring out December's distance right now.
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    Oh @skippygirlsmom I have been thinking how we haven’t seen you for a while or had an update on Skip.

That’s not the update I wanted to read and I was terrified scrolling down that things would be worse. I am so so sorry this has gone on. As you say, a tiny part of this is usual freshman stuff, but the rest sounds utterly horrid and the college, particularly the run team should do more.

I’m not the praying type but I am sending good vibes your way, don’t be too hard on Skip - she’s young, she’s gone through many changes of starting school/independence, and all the stoopid things we do at that age. What she needs most is for you to be there for her, which thankfully you are.

Sounds like she will have more opportunities coming her way once it settles down more. So very sorry to hear your update. We are all here for you AND Skip.
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    @skippygirlsmom I'll keep you and Skip in my thoughts and prayers. Hang in there...
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,396 Member
    Options
    @skippygirlsmom - Once before when there was a SkippyGirl issue with a boy we all offered to come and 'show our support' if necessary. I am sure that offer still stands if we all need to come talk those girls or the Assistant Coach! Seriously, my heart is hurting for you both and can't believe this happened and the Coach and school took no action really to stop it or get Skip out of the environment. I am glad her professors are willing to let her finish up the semester at home with you.
    mbaker566 wrote: »
    So sorry that happened to skip @skippygirlsmom
    Glad she's home and away from that toxic situation.
    Hugs, prayers, love, and cute puppy
    hqfa30k7iu9b.jpg
    Cute puppies are the best - sometimes even better than hugs! @mbaker566 are you going to keep this little cutie?
  • AmyOutOfControl
    AmyOutOfControl Posts: 1,425 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    mbaker566 wrote: »
    I'll make a better post later.
    Turkey trot complete. 1000s of people. No pr but my friends ran their first 8k. This was my first race and first 8k a few years back too.
    I'm on day 3 of my streak. Doing the rw streak. Snowstorm in the forecast for tomorrow.
    8l8af8arh49n.jpg

My friend finishing
    fp259js2552g.jpg

Cinnamon rolls instead of medals
    qsjo8btujv28.jpg

Yesterday's mile we techless. Today i did it in my trot shirt
    7kquw90a7tqs.jpg

Dogs for dogs sake
    rd8l89jvw9kx.jpg
    to2n6vzv4wmf.jpg
    m05szgqsqxcr.jpg

@mbaker566 Wait, they gave out cinnamon rolls instead of medals? That is my kind of race. ;) Great job!

Oh, cute puppies!!!!

• RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    @skippygirlsmom I am so sorry to hear about her situation. Honestly, I am not surprised. Sports programs seem to run wild at a lot of schools. Look at all the gymnast stuff still coming out of Michigan. It's sad and scary. I wish I could do more to help but sending you and Skip positive thoughts.
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is already forecast to be a dry shampoo day....

Don’t judge 🤣😒😖