JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,083 Member
    Options
    OK so I'm back from the school run! I walked today and the cold air perked me up a bit!
    Although it was freezinf because when I got home and went to the toilet even the toilet seat felt warm LOL

Sooo Tuesday goals
    - 8 glasses of water
    - Be in the green
    - Exercise
    - Tidy the house
    - November Challenge
    - coffeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    I lost all that momentum from.last week.
    I don't know what's been wrong with me. I feel like I've got lots of brain fog. I can't quite focus and I'm sleeping more than normal again.
    Which indicates to me that its my thyroid but I've not missed a single dose for a month and I take it properly (before breakfast, no caffeine or food for 30 mins)

*sigh*. I dunno maybe it's just the time of year?
    I've barely spoke to anyone today, not even my partner, just sat by myself in my own misery.
    But I had a bath, shaved my legs (they were getting gorilla like LOL) and still feel a bit miserable.. But clean and miserable.

Must just be an off day for me!
    Send me some positive vibes for tomorrow! (wheres @maryrobinson40 when you need her?!)

LMBO... Have No Fear... Mary Is Here!!! Get your beautiful butt in gear girl!!!
    I went through the same thing from Thursday until Sunday. But SHAKE IT OFF!!
    GIRL THERE'S MORE GOING FOR YOU THAN AGAINST YOU!
    YOU'RE MY MOTIVATOR GIRL...DON'T EVEN TRY IT!!
    FIRST OF ALL... (((HUGS))) X 20😁👏👏👏👏 I like my math.
    SECOND... THE WAY OUT IS THROUGH🔜 AND I'M WITH YOU!
    WE'VE GOT THIS!! YES WE GOT THIS!!! MAKING LEMONADE TODAY FROM
    EVERY FREAKISH LEMON WE ARE GIVEN!!!
    @Bex953172 ... GIT 'ER DUN!!😁🙌🙌🙌🚶🏃👏👏👏
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    pocntasha wrote: »
    Taking back control. 1/2 on the treadmill and 15 minutes of core yoga!!! Feel really good!

Yayyyy!!!👏👏👏 YOU GO BEAUTIFUL GIRL!!!
    THAT'S HOW YOU PUNISH THAT SCALE... YIPPIEEEEE
    AWESOME!!! KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!
    YOU GOT THIS
    HAVE A SUPER DAY
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    TOE TOUCHING TUESDAY😁HEAD, SHOULDERS, KNEES, AND TOES...
    YOU'VE GOT TO MOVE IT! TO LOSE IT!!!
    YOU'VE GOT TO SHAKE IT! TO MAKE IT!!
    GO! GO! GET EM GET EM ! OOOO AHH!!
    FEELING THE BURN🚶😁💖
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Monday
    1. Rest day - no run. Feed cats. Morning meds. Tea! Log 1 item. TAKE SHOES.
    2. Submit Week 17; draft week 18. Print progress reports, Week 17, project overview for WM.
    3. Class 2-3: Mac lab @ start of block; print Machiavellis to present Wednesday. Likert survey. Return work. Wm ch 1. Reflection 43. Progress reports @ end of class. Hand in late work AFTER handing out PRs.
    4. Class 4 - Article overview. WM project intro. Reflection 43. Return work. Progress reports. 4th needs practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles).
    5. Call parents? Work on quizzes for MLA/research and poetry. Brainstorm Malala.
    6. Review unit plans and compare to notes outlines. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water.
    7. Strength 4:30. Zumba 5:30. Meetup 6:30? Put laundry away. Discussion post.
    8. Prep Tue lunch: Soup plus. Chop celery. Prep cheese. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 5:50.

JFT Tuesday
    1. AM lifting? Pack lunch. Feed cats. Shower. Meds. Tea! Log 1 item. LEAVE EARLY! MEETING BEFORE SCHOOL!
    2. Develop week 18. Print rubric for Machiavelli project. CALL PARENTS. (?) Review weekly project for masters. Meeting during planning as well (UGH).
    3. Class 2-3: Documentary; catch-up day. Reflection 44. Need to practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me).
    4. Class 4 - Catch-up day. Reflection 44. 4th needs practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles).
    5. Review S2 plans. What is my purpose for each unit? Sketch out semester block. Review unit plans and compare to notes outlines. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    6. Zumba 5:30. Discussion post & responses.
    7. Put laundry away. Check grocery list. Quiz. Check on headpins and eyepins for beadcraft!
    8. Prep Wed lunch - BBQ salad. Chop celery. Prep oatmeal for breakfast. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 5:50.

Ongoing plans/ideas
    1. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion.
    2. Create poetry project using Those Winter Sundays, Sonnet 18, and Sonnet 30.
    3. Develop writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts.
    4. Write next blog post. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Barn order: stapler,
    5. Keep track of medical stuffs. Dentist? Also Feb 7 9:30 w Ac Int. Sub already set up. Apr 22 McC. Need sub. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    6. Gifts for dad and DH - look for licorice puffs (Dollar Tree), cookbook.
    7. Check on conference; follow up on seminar proposal. Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Can poetry unit be condensed?
    8. Go to used bookstore and look for Beauty (McKinley), Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman) and The Prince (tr. Tim Parks).
    9. Design minibuttons with school logo, mascot, crest. Minibuttons that say THIS IS WHAT ANTIFASCISM LOOKS LIKE. White text on black bars on red background.
    10. Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Jewelry - check what the wire thingies are called and look for Youtube videos about how to work with them.
    11. Make plan for classroom observations; ask other teachers about projects or lessons they feel confident about.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,083 Member
    Options
    Well I had an interesting day yesterday. I woke up to knee deep water surrounding our entire house. The river behind and the swamp next to us both crested the bank overnight due to torrential rain over the weekend. I left to go to the gym while it was still dark out and didnt find out we were flooded until I stepped off my front stoop...I was able to move my car but not Matt's. I parked up at my parents house about 200 yards away and had to walk through knee deep freezing water a whole bunch of times. At about 5:30 I went out to see if there was anything that we could tie a rope around Matt's to tow it out so I ended up kneeling in the water up to my chest reaching under the car. I couldn't find anything. I hopped right in the shower as soon as I got back inside. Oh! And it was raining again...Thankfully no water got in the house! The water has dropped significantly so Matt can get it out today, we're just hoping that the interior isn't ruined. Matt has severe asthma so mold will make it hard for him to breathe. Thank God we have comprehensive insurance though. So if we do need to get it repaired we can. The cold water wiped me out though. I ended up in bed by 9:30. But I think that I got too much sleep because I had the hardest time getting up this morning. Thank goodness I can go in late today or I would have been totally screwed. Lol.

The sky is bright blue and I dont think there isn't any rain in the forecast for the next few days. Hopefully the water will go down even further today. Right now it's about the quarter of the way up his tire. I'll post a before and after picture if I can.

Okay!

I didnt hit many of my goals yesterday with everything that happened so I'm just going to start fresh.

JFT, 11-27-18

1. Log all food!
    2. Bring lunch to work
    3. Work 9:15-5:15
    4. Take a walk on my lunch
    5. 5 somethings per bathroom trip
    6. Actually make dinner!!!!!
    7. Dishes
    8. Work on budget!
    9. Bed by 10

Have a great day everyone!

See this is what I find so funny about British people. We moan when it's raining (like spitting) and moan it's too hot, too cold, too cloudy, too windy.
    And there you are knee/chest deep in rain water trying to love a car and other people get their houses (lol that autocorrected to horses) ripped away by hurricanes and yet we moan about a tiny bit of rain :lol:

I would not survive over there!
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Well I had an interesting day yesterday. I woke up to knee deep water surrounding our entire house. The river behind and the swamp next to us both crested the bank overnight due to torrential rain over the weekend. I left to go to the gym while it was still dark out and didnt find out we were flooded until I stepped off my front stoop...I was able to move my car but not Matt's. I parked up at my parents house about 200 yards away and had to walk through knee deep freezing water a whole bunch of times. At about 5:30 I went out to see if there was anything that we could tie a rope around Matt's to tow it out so I ended up kneeling in the water up to my chest reaching under the car. I couldn't find anything. I hopped right in the shower as soon as I got back inside. Oh! And it was raining again...Thankfully no water got in the house! The water has dropped significantly so Matt can get it out today, we're just hoping that the interior isn't ruined. Matt has severe asthma so mold will make it hard for him to breathe. Thank God we have comprehensive insurance though. So if we do need to get it repaired we can. The cold water wiped me out though. I ended up in bed by 9:30. But I think that I got too much sleep because I had the hardest time getting up this morning. Thank goodness I can go in late today or I would have been totally screwed. Lol.

The sky is bright blue and I dont think there isn't any rain in the forecast for the next few days. Hopefully the water will go down even further today. Right now it's about the quarter of the way up his tire. I'll post a before and after picture if I can.

Okay!

I didnt hit many of my goals yesterday with everything that happened so I'm just going to start fresh.

JFT, 11-27-18

1. Log all food!
    2. Bring lunch to work
    7. Dishes
    8. Work on budget!
    9. Bed by 10

OMG! All this rain has been so brutal! I'm glad you're okay and have insurance for the worst case scenario!
  • AJB1014
    Options
    pocntasha wrote: »
    Taking back control. 1/2 on the treadmill and 15 minutes of core yoga!!! Feel really good!

Way to go! Also should note that on this thread "woo" is used as WOOHOO! Not a negative! Welcome :)
  • AJB1014
    Options
    jeschepp wrote: »
    Hello all!

Back after my hiatus. I lost a bit of motivation after the winter weather started setting in, along with the darker shorter days. I also started seeing someone and had loads of family get-togethers (I'm not complaining!) but this led to me dropping off the face of the earth for this group. I have missed you all so much! The good news is that some of my habits have stuck, and despite minimal exercise this last month, my diet changes led to me maintaining my weight loss! So now I want to reboot and lose these last 20 pounds. And learn to exercise during winter as well, so I'm not an out of shape blob come spring. Love you all my sister tribe-happy to be back!

For tomorrow:
    Up with alarm
    Drink 80 oz. of water
    Work out in am
    Follow the Mayo Clinic Diet 2-week plan (DAY 2!)
    Track and post here

Maintaining is so awesome! Consider it some practice for maintaining for the long haul! And taking a break for me, is a great way to bring some motivation back into things - so glad youre back with us!
  • AJB1014
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Ah man, I fell asleep finally at around 2 am.
    My partner sent me downstairs for coughing at around 3.30... I tried to get back to sleep, couldn't do it. So watched YouTube videos and then I started to feel. Sleepy around 5am until Marley started shouting me saying she'd been sick, fortunately it was just water she threw up from. Coughing so I changed her sheets and it's now 6.25am and my. Alarm goes off in 5 mins!

Today.. Will be interesting!
    I really want to go get my e cig from.the bedroom. But don't want to wake my OH!

But anyway, I took a pic of Casey yesterday in ultimate chill out mode haha

nhnvguptat17.jpg

I feel like I'm looking at a mini Bex! Is she as much your twin in real life as she appears here? If only we could all be so relaxed, right?!
  • AJB1014
    Options
    A few weeks ago maybe even months, time seems to be flying, I cleaned out my hope chest and went through some boxes in my craft room. When I did this I came across pictures of people with Santa and thought I would actually display them this year at Christmas. Tonight I went searching for other pictures to display. This is me and my Dad Christmas Eve 1988. I was expecting our eldest and we were comparing bellies. I was about 6 weeks from my due date.8f46vybp751o.jpeg

Aw! So cute! I try to print out a lot of my digital photos so they are around to look back on! This is so sweet :)
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,492 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Recap M 11/26 ~ Rest day... had walked dog 6 days in a row for a total of > 23 miles and I needed a break. :p
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work = Fitbit 8,169 steps, 250+ steps 13/14 & 28 floors :smile:
    2) Nov. challenge ~ 5 somethings every bathroom trip = Most of the time :D
    3) Not sure of lunch & will pick up supper at Chili John's after hair appt. / prelog as much as possible / net calories w/i 100 green / 14c water = :/ Net calories -131 (better than it's been :# ), sodium green (yay), sugar -8, fiber low-ish :/ , protein low :s & 12c water :|
    4) Evening: 6:00 hair appt. :smiley: & remembered to bring gift / hubby time since he took vacation day <3:smiley:
    5) Unplug 9:00 :smiley: / FLOSS :smiley: / retainers :smiley: / set/verify alarm, bed & TV off 10:15 :smiley: (walk dog before work T)

JFT T 11/27 ~ Could tell it's been a week since I got up early in the dark to walk dog before work ~ I couldn't remember correct button to hit on alarm clock! :D Have I mentioned this clock has ridiculous amount of buttons?
    1) Walked dog before work (left a little late, due to clock & bathroom time, plus additional layers for single digit wind chills, plus all the LED gear ~ kept route short but we did it) / 3.09 mi 56:05 / stretched (a little) = happy dog :smiley: & happy me :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work
    3) Nov. challenge ~ 5 somethings every bathroom trip
    4) Meals & snacks prelogged / stick w/ plan / net calories green / 14c water
    5) Complete PA-OESC & submit folder for review
    6) Evening: Day Spa open house for buy-3-get-1-free package & do not eat samples / buy stocking stuffers at Hobby Lobby & Seroogy's (limit one sample)/ wash dishes / other to-do's? / TV show 9:00
    7) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / set/verify alarm & station tuned in, bed & TV off 10:15 (walk dog before work W)
  • AJB1014
    Options
    JFT Monday
    1. Log all food :)
    2. Eat packed lunch :)
    3. Cook dinner at home :)
    4. Three waters before noon - another three after :)
    5. Empty/Fill dishwasher :)
    6. Load of laundry >:)
    7. Cyber Monday - socks for, new cup for work, travel mug for DH - $50 limit o:)>:) Didnt buy anything at all and thats even better with me!

JFT Tuesday
    1. Prelog what you can
    2. Cook dinner at home - figure out what? Oh shoot this might be hard we are staying at work late to paint the wood stove and I have nothing prepped to make a late dinner easier...hmmmm. I'm going to check back in later with a plan to keep me accountable or I'm pretty sure I'll eat KFC (I've been craving it for months now and making excuses trying to get there because theres one near our house now :s )
    3. Three waters before noon - another three after - two at home, one before dinner and one with
    4. 10 Wall push ups/bathroom trip
    5. ONE LOAD OF LAUNDRY - JUST ONE, YOU CAN DO IT! lol
    6. Empty/fill dishwasher
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options

Okay!

JFT, 11-27-18

1. Log all food!
    2. Bring lunch to work
    7. Dishes
    8. Work on budget!
    9. Bed by 10

It should be looked at mechanically too, I’ve heard of cars being written off due to water in the engine. Water is terrible for causing damage. Hope the rain stays away for a long time.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    AJB1014 wrote: »
    A few weeks ago maybe even months, time seems to be flying, I cleaned out my hope chest and went through some boxes in my craft room. When I did this I came across pictures of people with Santa and thought I would actually display them this year at Christmas. Tonight I went searching for other pictures to display. This is me and my Dad Christmas Eve 1988. I was expecting our eldest and we were comparing bellies. I was about 6 weeks from my due date.8f46vybp751o.jpeg

Aw! So cute! I try to print out a lot of my digital photos so they are around to look back on! This is so sweet :)

I scrapbook so have a lot printed, but realized I don’t have a lot of the last couple years printed yet. Maybe a January project!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    JFT - Tuesday Nov 27
    2L of water
    Calories in Green
    5 something at bathroom break
    5 fruit/veggie
    Walk 1 mile
    Write in Journal
    Be Conscious if my choices!

I am home this morning while my car is in getting some work done. I am bringing my Christmas tires in. I think I’ll decorate this week except the tree which I will keep to do on Sunday with the grands.