November 2018 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    Speaking of gloves and winter running, I am seriously considering trying these next...

5gg50gyys9rg.png
    Which are only $20 on Amazon.

you're actually better off putting the handwarmer by the wrist - that's where the veins reach the surface, and you will get warmer fingers quicker. Like this (but maybe not fingerless!!)

be8kpt7i7xk3.jpg
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    girlinahat wrote: »
    Speaking of gloves and winter running, I am seriously considering trying these next...

5gg50gyys9rg.png

you're actually better off putting the handwarmer by the wrist - that's where the veins reach the surface, and you will get warmer fingers quicker. Like this (but maybe not fingerless!!)

be8kpt7i7xk3.jpg

i keep meaning to type that down for the cold hand club we have in here but i keep forgetting
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options

5gg50gyys9rg.png

be8kpt7i7xk3.jpg

NOPE.

I have tried that. Does not work. I have to apply the heat directly to the fingertips.
  • AmyOutOfControl
    AmyOutOfControl Posts: 1,425 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    juliet3455 wrote: »
    Today’s outfit consisted of 15 pieces:
    1. Shoes - $100-120
    2. Crew socks - $10-15
    3. Ankle socks over the crews - $8-10
    4. Leg warmers - $8-10
    5. Capri pants - $20-30
    6. Shorts over the pants - $20-30
    7. Butt-coat - $70
    8. Sports bra - $15-20
    9. Long sleeve tech shirt - $15-20
    10. Long sleeve cotton shirt - $15-20
    11. Windbreaker - $65
    12. Sleeves (pulled off after a mile or two but glad to have at the start) - $10
    13. Gloves - $1-2
    14. Headband - $10-15
    15. Buff over neck, lower face, and head - $1-2

$368 at the low estimate, but at least I didn't spend that all at once. “Cheap hobby” my sweet aunt Fanny.
    ou94i0q7o7f0.jpg

@amymoreorless You need the Christmas Tree to be built as a cape that hangs off your shoulders and Flows out behind you so it keeps your Knee-Leg movement free. A few Flashing Dog Safety Collars attached and you are set.

@juliet3455 Genius!
  • _nikkiwolf_
    _nikkiwolf_ Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    What turtle are these made from? I mean there are leatherback turtles which presumably make leather, and then there’s tortoiseshell from their landlubber cousins, but furry turtles?

On another note, I just looked them up in the U.K. There appears to be a ‘hand orientation’ option. What does that mean? Are there people with two left hands? Two right? Back to front?

ff43vrnk6rre.png
    I only saw this now... If you could order single gloves, that would be pretty cool!
    I lost a single running glove once (stuffed them into my pocket after getting warmed up, never noticed when one of them fell out). I bought a pair of the same model again, and am keeping the right one as a "spare". Of course, most likely the next time I lose one, it will be the left again, and I will end up with two spare right gloves :D
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    What turtle are these made from? I mean there are leatherback turtles which presumably make leather, and then there’s tortoiseshell from their landlubber cousins, but furry turtles?

On another note, I just looked them up in the U.K. There appears to be a ‘hand orientation’ option. What does that mean? Are there people with two left hands? Two right? Back to front?

ff43vrnk6rre.png
    I only saw this now... If you could order single gloves, that would be pretty cool!
    I lost a single running glove once (stuffed them into my pocket after getting warmed up, never noticed when one of them fell out). I bought a pair of the same model again, and am keeping the right one as a "spare". Of course, most likely the next time I lose one, it will be the left again, and I will end up with two spare right gloves :D

it's not one of these is it?

Only I have a spare left if you like...... :D
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,063 Member
    Options
    @RunsOnEspresso We have the same run in my area with the Mrs. Claus set!! I was seriously considering it if I can get someone to do it with me! Not a tutu person myself, but I also really liked the sleeves and socks. Super festive!
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,063 Member
    Options
    Ran about 5.5 miles last night. Absolutely perfect night for a run! I am loving the November weather here for outdoor running. This time last year I wasn't running all that regularly and I don't remember it being so nice!

So, definitely not making goal. I realized when I set my goal I was accounting for my warm-up and cool-down walks in the distance estimates, but I haven't been logging them. Makes me feel a little better about my total distance being so far off this month.

exercise.png
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,390 Member
    Options
    @elise4270 - Hahahahaha
    @mbaker566 - my daughter's chocolate lab freaks out when anyone sneezes or blows their nose, it seems to just terrify him. It's a real issue when we visit since my husband has terrible allergies and has to do those often. Hope you feel better soon!
    @amymoreorless - hope you feel better too!

It is pouring here for the first time in forever... Really wishing I could go for a rain run! Good news is 2 weeks down 6 to go!
    I am trying to figure out if there will be anyway I will be able to run the HM in early February that I signed up for after I ran it this last February.
    Also more retail therapy, thanks to @RunsOnEspresso. Oh I saw a license plate yesterday that made me think of you... the personalized plate was CFFEEGRL and the frame said 'Runs on Caffiene' :smiley:
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »
    I created the December Challenge - you can set your goals for December and the end of the year here:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10709529/december-2018-monthly-running-challenge/p1?new=1

thank you :)