JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• TimeToReduceFat
    TimeToReduceFat Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Sunday status:
    1. Walk for 3 Km. Had gone out. Walked on the way back.
    2. Do sudharshana Kriya. Not done
    3. Do not spend more than 30 bucks on food. Came to 56 :(
    4. Use stevia in tea & coffee done
    5. Be within the calorie limit done
    6. December challenge done

Monday (3.12.18) status:
    1. Walk for 3 km minimum
    2. Do sudharshana Kriya.
    3. Do not spend more than 30 bucks on food.
    4. Use stevia in tea & coffee
    5. Be within the calorie limit
    6. December challenge

Things I need to work on gradually:
    1. Be consistent in exercising
    2. Work on saving money
    3. Drink enough water
    4. Reduce sugar in tea & coffee. Use stevia instead
    5. Be within calorie limit & create a deficit
    6. Learn something w.r.t work everyday
  • Greeny19832014
    Greeny19832014 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    @AJB1014 Thank you, I have tried to be kind to myself all weekend and it seems to be helping!
    AJB1014 wrote: »
    JFT Thursday

“EVERYTHING in life was just getting to loud for me. We got home and DH flipped the TV on and I LOST MY MIND because the news just sounded like nails on a chalkboard to me. All the tension came pouring out of me that moment in the form of tears - but it was the good kind, the cries that help move the emotions thru me so I can move on. DH and I were able to connect about a lot of things that have been a little stagnant. I feel better and I feel proud for speaking my truths and working to improve my communication skills! Honestly just sharing that was pretty scary but I love you gals, so thanks xo”

Good for you, getting it out! I think it’s so hard when you love your DH so much, it seems they become more important to us than we are but sometimes we have to put our own needs first. xx
  • Greeny19832014
    Greeny19832014 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Just for today, Monday

1. Take back control
    2. Remember how much I love vegetables
    3. Meal plan for the week
    4. 6+ glasses of water
    5. Order repeat prescription
    6. Hoover, dust & tidy lounge
    7. Take donations to charity shop
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Monday weigh-in:

Goal weight: 154
    October 15th: 164.25
    October 22nd: 167.25
    October 29th: 163
    November 5th: 164.25
    November 12th: 165.75
    November 19th: 164.25
    November 26th: 162.5
    December 3rd: 160.75

I'm really not sure about this as got three different weights, ranging from 160.75 to 163.5. I settled on the lowest because that's what I got after giving the floor and the feet of the scale a bit of a clean (both were covered in dust and mank) and after that the scale seemed to give me the same weight wherever I put it... But I still doubt it as I overate quite significantly on three different days this week! Well, we'll see next week if it was 'real' or not...
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Be in the green
    - 4 bottles water
    - No alcohol
    - Exercise DVD

- Savour every bite
    - No eating whilst standing
    - Give myself credit!
    - Differentiate between hunger, desire and craving

- Meditate
    - Read Beck Diet Solution
    - French homework!!!
    - Read job emails
    - Gratitude journal
    - Lights out by 11

Current calorie balance: 0
  • awhit4842
    awhit4842 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Just for today, Monday.
    1. Enter everything I eat.
    2. Drink 100 oz water
    3. Practice patience
    4. Meditate two times
  • Caseyloupuckett
    Caseyloupuckett Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Hi! First time posting jn here.

Just for today
    No carbs
    Journal everything
    1 gallon of water
    Be kind to myself

Heyyyyy! Howdy! Hello! Hi ya! Aloha! What's up my Sista... Lol…!
    Welcome! Welcome! Welcome!!!
    Glad you chose to join us. Enjoy your journey.. Hi five. Proud of you.

Thank you!
  • Caseyloupuckett
    Caseyloupuckett Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    For yesterday
    No carbs ✔
    Journal everything ✔
    1 gallon of water got 75%
    Be kind to myself ✔

Just for today
    Sleep at least 7 hours tonight ( been averaging 6 or less)
    1 gallon of water
    No carbs
    Journal everything
    Be kind to myself
    And clean my room lol

• sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Faebert wrote: »

So today I’ve turned 40. The last few years have been quite a rollercoaster but I’m grateful for many things - including this very group!

x

Happy Birthday!!!
  • sarah74_vt
    Options
    Hello! I'm back! It's been a bit of a stressful week and I can tell by the scale. The DH's car is shot. Most of the electrical is screwed up. I'm going to file a claim with our insurance company tomorrow. This weekend has been wonderful though. We have a decent amount of money in the bank so we have been spending some of it on Christmas. We have our very first Christmas tree ever. The DH did not have very good Christmas' growing up and is still haunted by bad memories. But this year he isn't working and isn't stressed out(other than the car) and is actually really excited. We did a whole bunch of decorating yesterday. I took the day off tomorrow so we bought some extra stuff and are going to do some decorating at my parent's house on the sly. We are also taking over their kitchen so that we can bake cookies. Mom is working so hard this year that I know she won't really want to do anything for the season so we thought that we would help her out. I know that she will appreciate it and the DH and I will have fun.

I saw a number on the scale that I never wanted to see again...170. I've put on 20lbs since I started working again in March. It also hasn't helped that except for tonight I think we ate out or got take out every night last week. We also had all sorts of junk food and very little water. I keep saying this but it is time to buckle down. I was really saddened by that number. It's no wonder I dont really fit in any of my work clothes anymore.

We finished all the junk food in the house today. The only candy that is left is the candy canes on the tree. Lol. I'm going food shopping super early tomorrow. I need to pick up cookie ingredients as well as actual food. Lol. I am also going to put food in the crockpot for dinner. I thought about doing it all of last week and just never actually did it. That needs to change. I am no longer a housewife. I work full time now and have for the last 8 months. Apparently, I still haven't made the right habits that will stick so that I can get back into this whole weight loss thing. I want to do it in a healthy way. I need to figure out a way to make it stick. I do have a few really good habits that I mostly follow but apparently not enough.

So onward and upwards!

JFT, 12-3-18

1. Up at 6
    2. Store by 6:30
    3. Work on straightening the living room/bedroom
    4. Put the skirt around the tree
    5. Put dinner in the crock
    6. Take over Mom and Dad's house
    7. Bake cookies but be sensible when tasting
    8. Have fun decorating with the DH
    9. Do laundry!
    10. Dinner/Dishes
    11. DH time
    12. Bed early!

Sorry to hear about your DH's car, but so happy you both are getting to enjoy the holiday this year.

I understand how you feel about the weight struggle. I've struggled the past couple months with my eating and didn't think I'd gained (thought I'd just maintained), but realized today that I've gained a few pounds and feel discouraged. I'm determined to get back on track though...we CAN do this!! :smile:

The crockpot makes dinner so much easier, but I always forget to use mine...lol!
  • sarah74_vt
    Options
    JFY (Sunday, 12/02/18)
    1) Log ALL my food for the day :)
    2) Go to the gym :)
    3) Drink 8 glasses of water (more if I can) BEFORE having a Diet Coke :(
    4) Stay "in the green" with my calorie intake for the day :(

JFT (Monday, 12/03/18)
    1) Log ALL my food for the day
    2) Go to the gym
    3) Drink 8 glasses of water (more if I can) BEFORE having a Diet Coke
    4) Stay "in the green" with my calorie intake for the day

So I've struggled the past couple of months with my eating, but I've still been going to the gym regularly, so I didn't think I'd gained any weight back (thought I'd just maintained). This morning I weighed myself and see that I have gained a few pounds and feel so discouraged. I've been able to do better staying in my calorie range this past week, so I know in time that number on the scale will go down, but ugh. :neutral: I'm trying not to be too hard on myself and remind myself I'm still a lot better off than I was last year at this time, but those "beat myself thoughts" keep popping up in my head. I guess I just have to keep putting one foot in front of the other and keep going. Giving up isn't an option.
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    MOTIVATIONAL MONDAY...
    🎼🎶 JINGLE BELLS REMIX by me...🎤🎶

Jingle Those Bells, Deck those Scales...
    Numbers you're goimg down...
    OH WHAT FUN IT IS TO LOSE EVERY
    SINGLE POUND....
    🏃 DASHING TO AND FRO, MAKING
    THOSE POUNDS GO, LIFTING Up Those
    Knees, eating carrots and peas. HA! HA! HA!
    NO M9RE snacking at night, you know that
    ain't right...
    Go to bed early instead of eating, will
    help the CELL- U - LITE.
    OH JINGLE THOSE BELLS! JINGLE THOSE
    BELLS! JINGLE THE FAT AWAY!
    OH What fun, to fit those jeans
    You bought and stored away! JFT...LMBO😂😂😂
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    sarah74_vt wrote: »
    JFY (Sunday, 12/02/18)
    1) Log ALL my food for the day :)
    2) Go to the gym :)
    3) Drink 8 glasses of water (more if I can) BEFORE having a Diet Coke :(
    4) Stay "in the green" with my calorie intake for the day :(

JFT (Monday, 12/03/18)
    1) Log ALL my food for the day
    2) Go to the gym
    3) Drink 8 glasses of water (more if I can) BEFORE having a Diet Coke
    4) Stay "in the green" with my calorie intake for the day

So I've struggled the past couple of months with my eating, but I've still been going to the gym regularly, so I didn't think I'd gained any weight back (thought I'd just maintained). This morning I weighed myself and see that I have gained a few pounds and feel so discouraged. I've been able to do better staying in my calorie range this past week, so I know in time that number on the scale will go down, but ugh. :neutral: I'm trying not to be too hard on myself and remind myself I'm still a lot better off than I was last year at this time, but those "beat myself thoughts" keep popping up in my head. I guess I just have to keep putting one foot in front of the other and keep going. Giving up isn't an option.

It's such a tough time of year to stay on track with eating - but you made a commitment to yourself to come back here and stay accountable and stick to your habits - that's a huge victory! Don't say anything to yourself that you wouldn't say to your best friend, that's what I remind myself when I start beating myself up over the bumps in the road. You got this!!!
  • AJB1014
    Options
    @Faebert Happiest of birthdays to you, friend!!! So glad you were deservedly celebrated and able to enjoy it all!!! May your next year continue to bring you health and happiness <3
  • AJB1014
    Options
    @jeschepp way to plan for downtime - it's just as important as all the rest of it and so easy to brush aside. Hope you had a great weekend, they really do go by WAY too fast!
  • AJB1014
    Options
    @Sofia_Alegria Thank you for sharing that chicken chili recipe I made it and it's AMAZING and definitely going to be a staple now. I've been searching for a good white chicken chili recipe that was not laden with dairy and this is it!!!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,097 Member
    Options
    MOTIVATIONAL MONDAY...
    🎼🎶 JINGLE BELLS REMIX by me...🎤🎶

Jingle Those Bells, Deck those Scales...
    Numbers you're goimg down...
    OH WHAT FUN IT IS TO LOSE EVERY
    SINGLE POUND....
    🏃 DASHING TO AND FRO, MAKING
    THOSE POUNDS GO, LIFTING Up Those
    Knees, eating carrots and peas. HA! HA! HA!
    NO M9RE snacking at night, you know that
    ain't right...
    Go to bed early instead of eating, will
    help the CELL- U - LITE.
    OH JINGLE THOSE BELLS! JINGLE THOSE
    BELLS! JINGLE THE FAT AWAY!
    OH What fun, to fit those jeans
    You bought and stored away! JFT...LMBO😂😂😂

That.. Is the best version I have ever heard.

Lyrical genius LOL
  • Sofia_Alegria
    Sofia_Alegria Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Good morning to All :)

Had a good, busy, productive weekend. I put up our Xmas decorations, not many b/c DH and I prefer sparse. We have a rather small house and it also makes for an easier clean up once the season is over :) . We also assembled our pantry and it looks awesome plus the added storage space is sooo good to have. We live in a mobile home (part of our retirement plan so we could be free of a mortgage) and have had to make additions/changes along the way but it brings us so much joy, it compensates the physical demand that this requires.

I kept on track with my eating and yesterday for the first time, I think b/c of eating slowly, I noticed when I got full, right before finishing my meal. That’s something new for me and I totally welcomed it!

I decided not to weigh myself daily and continue on a weekly weigh in. I have though, started taking measurements as I want to see how this pans out. For the first time I decided not to focus on losing weight but rather becoming healthy and regaining my energy thus, the scale is not so important as it’s been until now :) . I want to shift the focus to a healthier life style and I think that will take the stress off the weight loss. I know that if I continue on track with making healthier all around choices, the weight will come off and I’ll be content even if I don’t get to the probably lofty goal of 125 lbs. That’s the number I’ve had stuck on my head probably since adolescence but now it’s irrelevant. I’m more intent on feeling better and conquering the aches and pains of aging :D .

Thanks to @sarah74_vt for getting @AJB1014 the chicken chili recipe. It’s really good and very appropriate for cold weather!

@Bex953172 you are so funny! I remember those days as a young mother and boy it’s hard to juggle everything.

I so wish I had more time to check and respond to more posts in but I’m limited in time and don’t have a computer at home where I would have more time; do know that I read the posts whenever I get the chance.

To the newbies, welcome to our community. It’s really a very supportive/fun thread. I’m sure you’ll get lots out of it!

JFT:
    Hit 10,100 steps. Notice I’m upping this a bit; suggestion from Day 9 of the Beck book :) .
    Give myself credit: I really have to work on this big time.

I think I just want to work on these two things so that I don’t bog myself down.

Y’all have a great first day of the week and stay strong.
  • AJB1014
    Options
    Soooo I was not as unplugged as I wanted to be yesterday - but I did have a nice morning/afternoon with my mum. Came home and kinda zoned out and really did not do much at all, some mindless phone scrolling on my end and I could have spent the time more productively but it is what it is! Ate around maintenance both days this weekend - it was not a full on binge so somewhat of an improvement but the weekends are so hard for me to stay in a deficit, I feel way hungrier than when I'm working.

JFT Monday
    1. LOTS AND LOTS OF WATER
    2. Drink shake by 10AM
    3. 10 lunges/bathroom trip
    4. Be kind - self talk and to others
    5. Prelog food - log ALL food
    6. Eat packed lunch
    7. Dinner at home
    8. Manage stress - do not react to things I have no control over
  • Sofia_Alegria
    Sofia_Alegria Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    @AJB1014 More than welcome! It's yummy all the way! :)