December 2018 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    @MegaMooseEsq Yep that's the one! It's a long tough one but because it's done in 20 second bursts it doesn't feel too bad. Make sure you start off with light weights though! I often find I have to drop some weight for the last couple of sets.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    Another trick for tracks is to carry pennies. Drop a penny each lap, and when you run out stop. Though 177 pennies would be a lot to deal with :)
    I've never run on an indoor track (and am pretty sure that none even exists anywhere nearby), so I won't have to try. But I was just thinking that an alternative would be candies like jelly beans. You take the right amount with you, and eat one for each lap. Counting and carb fueling in one! :wink:

this sounds like an excellent plan
  • dkabambe
    dkabambe Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Another trick for tracks is to carry pennies. Drop a penny each lap, and when you run out stop. Though 177 pennies would be a lot to deal with :)
    I've never run on an indoor track (and am pretty sure that none even exists anywhere nearby), so I won't have to try. But I was just thinking that an alternative would be candies like jelly beans. You take the right amount with you, and eat one for each lap. Counting and carb fueling in one! :wink:

Not sure I'd have the mental strength to only eat one at a time!
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    Options
    But I was just thinking that an alternative would be candies like jelly beans. You take the right amount with you, and eat one for each lap. Counting and carb fueling in one! :wink:

Oooh, good idea. I could wear a shirt that says "I run for jelly beans".
  • ddmom0811
    ddmom0811 Posts: 1,878 Member
    Options
    @_nikkiwolf_ -- brilliant idea! Or peanut M&Ms! Although in France you might not have those. There was a runner on here 4 years ago when I started who used Peanut M&Ms for fuel which I tried and loved, just too hot in Florida to run with those most days.

@mbaker566 - lol, yes she does win the Internet.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    Theres still loads of time, just passing on info for the Run The Year Challenge...

I registered and it was just 25$. Of course i opted against all the swag and just to run it. I may buy a hat or shirt later.
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    @MegaMooseEsq I have no problem with for-profit races either, just those groups having deceit and ineptness. I can't imagine how PO'd the marathon runners were when they had to cancel the marathon because Team Ortho failed to get a permit. TC in Motion is a top flight race organizer, have no fear!! Team Ortho is actually the only race organization I know to avoid.

@_nikkiwolf_ Jelly beans...brilliant!!

• PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am new to this thread. It is amazing. I am a former marathon runner (of the 4:45 or so variety), and getting into 10 kms after popping out 2 wee ones. Welcome to add me as a friend, just write something in the request.

My goal is 60 km for the month of December
    12/1: 5 km (Santa Shuffle pushing a stroller like a boss)
    12/5: 5 km (Treadmill)
    Total to date: 10/60 km

Welcome!