If it didn't have calories, right now I would eat...

Replies

• Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    pinuplove wrote: »
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    kimny72 wrote: »
    So what's with the thin cookie craze? Are they lower in calories? I rarely eat cookies, so I never venture down that aisle in the grocery.

The thins are generally lower in calories and crisper. I've only had the Oreo thins, and instead of 2 cookies for @150 cals, it's 4. I'm sure it's probably around the same amount of actual product, but it's spread out so you you feel like you're eating more. And as far as the Oreos, I like the ratio better - more cookie, less cream. Honestly though, I think it's just marketing - New! Different! Try them all!

I would maybe be on board if they were the same thin cookie, but with double stuffed filling. I am not a big fan of the cookie portion, it is just a carrier for the cream filling.

Oddly, I would be super happy with Oreo's "forgot the stuffing" cookies... I'm one of those weirdos who likes to take them apart and eat the filling so I can eat the cookie by itself. The cream filling is just a binding device for the good part. :lol:

Ditto. I've even *gasp* scraped it out and thrown it away so I could eat just the cookies before :open_mouth:

Embarrassingly unrefined :disappointed:

I'm mail the little discs of cloying, tongue-coating sweetness to you next time :kissing:

I'm with you there! @nutmegoreo Let's host a cookies and cream exchange. Pinup and I can take all that sticky sweet frosting and send it your way. You send us your cookies. :wink:

Brilliant! Just don't lick them first.

Well there went my Saturday plans! :tongue:
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    So what's with the thin cookie craze? Are they lower in calories? I rarely eat cookies, so I never venture down that aisle in the grocery.

The thins are generally lower in calories and crisper. I've only had the Oreo thins, and instead of 2 cookies for @150 cals, it's 4. I'm sure it's probably around the same amount of actual product, but it's spread out so you you feel like you're eating more. And as far as the Oreos, I like the ratio better - more cookie, less cream. Honestly though, I think it's just marketing - New! Different! Try them all!

I would maybe be on board if they were the same thin cookie, but with double stuffed filling. I am not a big fan of the cookie portion, it is just a carrier for the cream filling.

Oddly, I would be super happy with Oreo's "forgot the stuffing" cookies... I'm one of those weirdos who likes to take them apart and eat the filling so I can eat the cookie by itself. The cream filling is just a binding device for the good part. :lol:

Ditto. I've even *gasp* scraped it out and thrown it away so I could eat just the cookies before :open_mouth:

I'm mail the little discs of cloying, tongue-coating sweetness to you next time :kissing:

I'm with you there! @nutmegoreo Let's host a cookies and cream exchange. Pinup and I can take all that sticky sweet frosting and send it your way. You send us your cookies. :wink:

You can have my cookies, since you are less fussy. Plus your pup looks much more pleasant than someone else's kitteh.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member

Oh, those instructions were for @nutmegoreo Searching for appropriate verbiage here... You can apply saliva to the portion of the cookie that will be posted to her if you're so inclined.
  • nutmegoreo

Oh, those instructions were for @nutmegoreo Searching for appropriate verbiage here... You can apply saliva to the portion of the cookie that will be posted to her if you're so inclined.

:confounded: Meanie.
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member

:lol:
  • nutmegoreo

All right. I don't dislike the cookies enough to put up with this level of abuse. I'll keep my stuffing and my cookies. TYVM. :rage:
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    edited December 2018

All right. I don't dislike the cookies enough to put up with this level of abuse. I'll keep my stuffing and my cookies. TYVM. :rage:

OK. I have to do actual work now, anyway. Further discussion of cookies will have to be postponed :disappointed:
  • FireOpalCO
    FireOpalCO Posts: 641 Member
    OK. I have to do actual work now, anyway. Further discussion of cookies will have to be postponed :disappointed:

I think you mean biscuits...

Sorry, I couldn't resist, I'm bouncing back and forth between "unpopular opinions" and this thread. They just line up too well with the two definitions of biscuit.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    AmyC2288 wrote: »
    v1agjpdqfti0.jpeg

They don't make this anymore but it was my favorite ice cream of all time. One day, it just disappeared out of the grocery stores and never returned. So So good!

4-3-DSC_7277.JPG

I don't even drink coffee & loved this flavor! That icing glaze *drools*.

Darn you Walmart for discontinuing it.
  • nutmegoreo
    FireOpalCO wrote: »

I think you mean biscuits...

Sorry, I couldn't resist, I'm bouncing back and forth between "unpopular opinions" and this thread. They just line up too well with the two definitions of biscuit.

• AmyC2288
    AmyC2288 Posts: 386 Member
    v1agjpdqfti0.jpeg

They don't make this anymore but it was my favorite ice cream of all time. One day, it just disappeared out of the grocery stores and never returned. So So good!

4-3-DSC_7277.JPG

oh man that sounds heavenly!!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited December 2018
    v1agjpdqfti0.jpeg

4-3-DSC_7277.JPG

Thanks for making me sad, @kellyjellybellyjelly. :sad: That was the best!
  • Cassandraw3
    Cassandraw3 Posts: 1,214 Member
    v1agjpdqfti0.jpeg

4-3-DSC_7277.JPG

Am I the only one kind of grossed out from the look of that "icing"?
  • quiksylver296
    v1agjpdqfti0.jpeg

4-3-DSC_7277.JPG

Am I the only one kind of grossed out from the look of that "icing"?

Don't knock it til you try it! It was delicious!
  • quiksylver296
    I'm sitting here, eating the oatmeal that fits my calories/macros, wishing I were scarfing down anything else. Something decadent. Maybe doughnuts, maybe chocolate, maybe Monte Cristo french toast... :'(
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    I could eat a nice big pizza right now
  • ellyseb1
    ellyseb1 Posts: 49 Member
    Reese's Peanut Butter Cups! I'm living in Austria now and they don't sell them here. When I visit the US they are my first meal.
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    I just ate a package of 2 Little Debbie Swiss Rolls. I could probably post this in the unpopular opinions or here because I like them so much. I made the calories fit, so probably shouldn't post it here, but I am a rebel... :smiley:
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    I just ate a package of 2 Little Debbie Swiss Rolls. I could probably post this in the unpopular opinions or here because I like them so much. I made the calories fit, so probably shouldn't post it here, but I am a rebel... :smiley:

Those have been on my mind for a long time. I will give in soon! Maybe Christmas when I am stuffing myself silly! :)
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,585 Member

I really miss the 100 calorie version. I polished off a box of those (in the old days) in no time.