If it didn't have calories, right now I would eat...

Options

Replies

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    So what's with the thin cookie craze? Are they lower in calories? I rarely eat cookies, so I never venture down that aisle in the grocery.

The thins are generally lower in calories and crisper. I've only had the Oreo thins, and instead of 2 cookies for @150 cals, it's 4. I'm sure it's probably around the same amount of actual product, but it's spread out so you you feel like you're eating more. And as far as the Oreos, I like the ratio better - more cookie, less cream. Honestly though, I think it's just marketing - New! Different! Try them all!

I would maybe be on board if they were the same thin cookie, but with double stuffed filling. I am not a big fan of the cookie portion, it is just a carrier for the cream filling.

Oreo needs to just release a jar of the cream. Has Nabisco ever did something like this? If not they need to get on the ball.

Still haven't opened the box of White Fudge Oreos yet.

I still have to get through the Rocky Road (not bad) & Peppermint Bark (pretty decent too).
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    So what's with the thin cookie craze? Are they lower in calories? I rarely eat cookies, so I never venture down that aisle in the grocery.
    Well, they are techically lower in calories per cookie, yes. I supose that's thier marketing allure. BUT their thinner and crispier nature makes them way easier to shovel into ones face en-masse, there by negating any calories saved. lol.

I resemble that remark. And that is why I avoid the cookie aisle. HAHA! :D

• AmyC2288
    AmyC2288 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    v1agjpdqfti0.jpeg

They don't make this anymore but it was my favorite ice cream of all time. One day, it just disappeared out of the grocery stores and never returned. So So good!
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    Well, they are techically lower in calories per cookie, yes. I supose that's thier marketing allure. BUT their thinner and crispier nature makes them way easier to shovel into ones face en-masse, there by negating any calories saved. lol.

I resemble that remark. And that is why I avoid the cookie aisle. HAHA! :D

I usually do too. And I avoid baking any until this time of year for this very reason. I dont moderate cookies very well. Especially oreos, and especially home baked cookies. I bought those dang oreos to cover in chocolate and give as gifts... And I got into them pretty hard yesterday. Oh well, christmas only comes once a year.. Right? *cough*.

Here's the family favorite I make every year. I'm putting off until I have to haha. I know I'll eat 'em and I'm trying to enjoy the food and festivities without gaining TOO much this month... This will probably result in a harried baking frenzy about two weeks from now. :sweat_smile:
    White-Chocolate-Cranberry-Cookies-4.jpg
  • Crafty_camper123
    Options

The thins are generally lower in calories and crisper. I've only had the Oreo thins, and instead of 2 cookies for @150 cals, it's 4. I'm sure it's probably around the same amount of actual product, but it's spread out so you you feel like you're eating more. And as far as the Oreos, I like the ratio better - more cookie, less cream. Honestly though, I think it's just marketing - New! Different! Try them all!

I would maybe be on board if they were the same thin cookie, but with double stuffed filling. I am not a big fan of the cookie portion, it is just a carrier for the cream filling.

Oddly, I would be super happy with Oreo's "forgot the stuffing" cookies... I'm one of those weirdos who likes to take them apart and eat the filling so I can eat the cookie by itself. The cream filling is just a binding device for the good part. :lol:
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options

Oddly, I would be super happy with Oreo's "forgot the stuffing" cookies... I'm one of those weirdos who likes to take them apart and eat the filling so I can eat the cookie by itself. The cream filling is just a binding device for the good part. :lol:

Ditto. I've even *gasp* scraped it out and thrown it away so I could eat just the cookies before :open_mouth:
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »

Ditto. I've even *gasp* scraped it out and thrown it away so I could eat just the cookies before :open_mouth:

Embarrassingly unrefined :disappointed:
  • pinuplove
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »

I'm mail the little discs of cloying, tongue-coating sweetness to you next time :kissing:
  • nutmegoreo
    Options

I'm mail the little discs of cloying, tongue-coating sweetness to you next time :kissing:

You know how to make up for your shortcomings. :flowerforyou:
  • Crafty_camper123
    Options

I'm with you there! @nutmegoreo Let's host a cookies and cream exchange. Pinup and I can take all that sticky sweet frosting and send it your way. You send us your cookies. :wink:
  • pinuplove
    Options

I thought we agreed we wouldn't talk about the unfolded laundry all over my kitchen table in public! :disappointed:
  • pinuplove
    edited December 2018
    Options

I'm with you there! @nutmegoreo Let's host a cookies and cream exchange. Pinup and I can take all that sticky sweet frosting and send it your way. You send us your cookies. :wink:

Brilliant! Just don't lick them first.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options

There was one of the limited edition ones, I can't remember which, where I just could not stand the filling. I was going to just chuck the package and then it dawned on me I could just scrape off the filling and dip the cookies in milk. So only a partial waste.

I do usually carefully twist the Oreo, and eat the half that holds the filling first, then the bare cookie to finish.
  • pinuplove
    Options

There was one of the limited edition ones, I can't remember which, where I just could not stand the filling. I was going to just chuck the package and then it dawned on me I could just scrape off the filling and dip the cookies in milk. So only a partial waste.

I do usually carefully twist the Oreo, and eat the half that holds the filling first, then the bare cookie to finish.

For me it was the cookie butter ones. Which is strange, because I like cookie butter in its natural state (from a jar, on a spoon).
  • nutmegoreo
    Options

I thought we agreed we wouldn't talk about the unfolded laundry all over my kitchen table in public! :disappointed:

I wouldn't do that. It was a poke at your height. :tongue:
  • pinuplove
    Options

Went right over my head.
  • nutmegoreo
    Options

How else am I going to get all that gross icing in the centre off for you?
  • nutmegoreo
    Options

Went right over my head.

Of course it did.
  • pinuplove
    Options

How else am I going to get all that gross icing in the centre off for you?

A certain amount of icing is preferable to leftover saliva, regardless of how much I like you. I don't eat off my husband's plate, either. Somethings are just personal!
  • pinuplove
    Options

Went right over my head.

Of course it did.

Don't tell @Tacklewasher