What are some of your unpopular opinions about food?

Options

Replies

• lkpducky
    lkpducky Posts: 16,736 Member
    Options
    I prefer English baked beans. They have a more tomato-y base and are a little less sweet. I can get them at Wegmans.
    My husband says that British folks eat those beans on toast. He loves eating that. He bought some for me to try and I thought the beans weren't tangy enough.
  • spinnerdell
    spinnerdell Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Without baked beans, molasses has almost no purpose (except as a metaphor :smiley: )

But gingerbread!
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    Options
    Without baked beans, molasses has almost no purpose (except as a metaphor :smiley: )

But gingerbread!

Oh yeah, and molasses cookies; I forgot about them.
  • hazeleni
    hazeleni Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I dont like peanut butterrrr
  • CarvedTones
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »

BBQ sauce.

I guess some does. I am partial to honey in BBQ sauce.
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Oreos are overrated. There, I said it. This is gonna get me so woo'd, it's not even funny. I mean, I like them, but they're not God's gift to cookies. Vienna Fingers are way better if I'm looking for a mass produced cookie in the snack aisle (although I'd ideally like a tray of rainbow cookies from the bakery. Yum!)
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options

BBQ sauce.

hip1zki8pphd.jpg
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Dinner rolls taste like nothing special, and it's not much different if they're brown n' serve from the supermarket or painstakingly baked from scratch.

Cinnamon rolls aren't as good as cake donuts (any type).
  • CarvedTones
    Options
    Oreos are overrated. There, I said it. This is gonna get me so woo'd, it's not even funny. I mean, I like them, but they're not God's gift to cookies. Vienna Fingers are way better if I'm looking for a mass produced cookie in the snack aisle (although I'd ideally like a tray of rainbow cookies from the bakery. Yum!)

Totally in agreement. Vienna Wafers pose far more danger to me just by being around
  • CarvedTones
    Options

BBQ sauce.

hip1zki8pphd.jpg

I won't turn down someone's (chicken or shrimp since I don't eat mammals) BBQ because they used a sauce that isn't honey based, I just buy the honey based when I can.
  • MeteoraTitanium
    MeteoraTitanium Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I think I'm the only person in the world that does not like donuts. That cold gooey texture with icing on top, just urghh! yuk!
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,136 Member
    Options
    I think I'm the only person in the world that does not like donuts. That cold gooey texture with icing on top, just urghh! yuk!

Nope, you are not alone. I don't like donuts either :D
  • Bravissimocurves
    Bravissimocurves Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    What foods you eat matters just as much as your calories, it’s not ok to eat crap every day as long as it’s within your calories allowance, you WILL pay dearly for it in the future, but no one listens to moi 🤷🏻‍♀️

For which goal? I don't know of anyone arguing that what you eat isn't important for health and nutrition. But for weight loss, it's all about calories. And since weight loss improves most health markers no matter what was eaten, I'd venture to say that for initial health, although what you eat definitely matters, how much you eat matters more.

And by the way, what is this "crap" you speak of?

Now that crap would be a whole new thread argument I’m sure and I don’t have the energy for it 😂
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,964 Member
    Options

I like molasses on oatmeal and waffles. Added bonus - stirring my coffee with the spoon still covered with the thin film of molasses after spooning it on the oatmeal or waffles. I generally detest sweetened coffee of any kind, but this tiny amount, with the bitter-skewing molasses flavor, tastes good to me. I am so jealous of people who can enjoy a salted caramel flavored coffee, because conceptually that sounds good. I like coffee! I like salted caramel! I like coffee with a salted caramel dessert! This should work! ... No, not for me.

ax09ol8zm2yo.png

I also recently tried the Starbucks juniper latte (because how weird is that?), and found it to be drinkable (compared to the revolting, nasty sweetness of most flavored lattes anywhere). Don't get me wrong, I'd still prefer a milk-and-espresso only latte, or a black coffee (I get nonfat lattes when I want some protein and calories with my coffee), but it tasted OK to me. Which I imagine means they would appeal to about 0.001% of the population. :smile:
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,055 Member
    Options

Not the only one. Not even the first on this thread.