Frozen berries, skimmed milk and half a teaspoon of sugar 😁
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    SmithsonianEmpress Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    Brown sugar, blueberries and white chocolate chips
  • Heidijens123
    Heidijens123 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Homemade jam. I prefer raspberry as it has a stronger flavor but am using strawberry right now. I have it for breakfast every morning.
  • kbmnurse1
    kbmnurse1 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Fresh berries and a scant amount of brown sugar.
  • RunnerGrl1982
    RunnerGrl1982 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty boring. Hehe. I generally use unsweetened vanilla almond milk, butter, and some stevia.
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    Options
    When I "do" oatmeal, I add one tablespoon of flax meal and a generous sprinkling of cinnamon; nothing else. This combo does me good. Used to add maple syrup but have eliminated that addition.
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    Almond milk, chia seeds, flaked almonds, protein powder, greek yoghurt and a banana.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,971 Member
    Options
    For savory, generally just salt and pepper, if I'm eating it as a side. If it's my main dish, I'll likely add a fried or poached egg or two, and maybe some sauteed greens (spinach, kale, collards, etc.) or something kimchi-like (If I'm doing cheese in a hot grain, I prefer grits or farina.)

For sweet, the possibilities are endless: fresh, frozen, or dried fruit; applesauce; brown sugar, honey, or molasses; cinnamon; protein powder; nuts, including shredded coconut; vanilla or other extracts ...

• CorneliusPhoton
    CorneliusPhoton Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I cook it with chia seeds in milk or coconut milk, then add cinnamon, frozen blueberries or banana, and when it has cooled it off a bit, I add egg white protein powder. I sometimes add almond butter or just have some nuts on the side.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,170 Member
    Options
    Brace yourself for a long list: Mixed berries, blackstrap molasses, walnuts, milled flax seed, hemp seed, cinnamon, Greek yogurt.

It's the heart of my day, breakfast or lunch nearly every day. Love my oatmeal (thick rolled oats, water - not packets)!
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    Additions include: dried cranberries and/or apples, nuts of various types, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and honey. Most of the time I use rolled oats but sometimes I buy steel cut - either way it's always Bob's Red Mill when I'm living in Portland because they're local.
  • happytree923
    happytree923 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Scallions, cheddar and an over easy egg.

This is the correct answer. Savory oatmeal is delicious, I like this combo with salsa and fresh black pepper.
  • rcreynol3090
    rcreynol3090 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Cooked with cinnamon and cacao powder, then chopped pecans, splenda and fresh blueberries after cooking.
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,334 Member
    Options
    butter, cinnamon , fat free half & half & scoop of cool whip, I'm going to try the savory next time
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    Options
    4cexqrborfa4.png
    ^this is wishful thinking....what I do is usually chia/flax/cinnamon and a either a fig/ date or a few slices of banana and pb2
  • laurenq1991
    laurenq1991 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Usually flaxseeds and some type of nuts, both cooked with the oatmeal because I can't digest raw nuts and seeds that well. Then after it has cooled down a bit I add some sort of fruit or dried fruit, my favorites being raisins, apples, bananas, peaches, or berries. Then sometimes cinnamon or vanilla extract. I don't add yogurt directly to the oatmeal because the heat of the oatmeal could kill the active cultures, but sometimes I have plain whole milk yogurt on the side. I also don't cook my oatmeal in milk or plant milk usually because I find that it makes it take longer to cook and it comes out tougher. I would like to try adding eggs sometime. I also once made savory oatmeal with Dubliner cheese, nutritional yeast, tomato, garlic powder, and black pepper, and it was really good, so I would like to make that again.

The most important thing is how the oatmeal is cooked though. I only cook it on the stovetop now and never in the microwave because it comes out so much better on the stovetop.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    Steel cut oats, unsweetened coconut milk, chia seeds, unsweetened coconut flakes, raspberries, and toasted sliced almonds.
  • Kiyomoo
    Kiyomoo Posts: 354 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Finally, the time has come for me to share my special ingredients.
    Wheat germ, chia seeds, black sesame seeds. I use these ingredients in the "maple & brown sugar" instant oatmeal packages.

Occasionally I'll add raisins or bananas. But I don't like raisins or bananas. Don't know why I do it.
  • tcaley4
    tcaley4 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    30 grams oatmeal
    16 grams PB2
    5 grams Hershey cocoa powder
    4 grams light brown sugar
    Around 100 grams of milk

Sometimes will add others things to it as well.
  • fitcrt
    fitcrt Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Blueberries & walnuts