Sexy in Six Challenge - Team Blue (Closed Group)

Hey Ladies! Lets get to know each other and get ready for our upcoming challenge :o)

Replies

• lee155
    lee155 Posts: 120
    Hey I'm lee, can't wait for our upcoming challenge :)
  • tbhoover
    tbhoover Posts: 402 Member
    Im Bethany. Im 27. I stay at home with Jett - my 8 month old - and Aralynn - my 5 year old. I have been on MFP since June and I have never found anything to be as helpful as MFP has been. Im down 21lbs...hoping to reach a final goal of 150 by my 28th b-day...March 30th.

I thought it would be nice if we all posted recipes and meals we like. There is no greater resource than friends. I'll start with a family fave. Everyone LOVES it and it could not be any simpler.

Crockpot Chicken Taco Stew

Ingredients
    1 onion, chopped
    1 16 oz. can black beans
    1 16 oz. can kidney beans
    1 16 oz. can corn (drained)
    1 8 oz. can tomato sauce
    2 14.5 oz cans diced tomatoes w/chilies
    1 1.25 oz packet taco seasoning
    2 boneless skinless chicken breasts

Directions
    Mix everything together in a slow cooker except chicken. Lay chicken on top and cover. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours. 30 minutes before serving remove chicken and shred. Return chicken to slow cooker and stir in.

Makes 14 loaded 1 cup servings – 157 calories per serving

Add tortilla chips, cheese, and sour cream…so yummy…but gotta add in those calories.

This doubles very easy and I take it to potlucks a lot cuz I know I can eat it
  • totustuusmaria
    totustuusmaria Posts: 182 Member
    yay blue team!!!

Thanks for starting this thread, Bethany!

I am so excited TO WIN!!!! lol. We are going to do awesome!

Love the recipe idea! That taco thing sounds sooo good. I have stayed away from the crock pot recipes because I've never used one before but I might just have to try something new it sounds so yummy!!!

I make meatloaf a lot and found a great recipe that I am constantly making now that is potato free (love it!) and veggie-heavy! Plus its turkey which I love as I don't eat red-meat that often.

I found @ this blog: http://www.laaloosh.com/2011/05/09/vegetable-and-turkey-meatloaf-recipe/

Ingredients

* 1 1/4 lb ground turkey
    * 1 medium yellow onion, diced
    * 1 large zucchini, shredded
    * 1 large celery stalk, finely chopped
    * 3 medium carrots, shredded
    * 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
    * 1/2 lb mushrooms, chopped
    * 4 garlic cloves, minced
    * 3/4 cup old fashioned rolled oats
    * 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
    * 2 tbsp tomato paste
    * 1/4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
    * 1/4 cup liquid egg substitute
    * 1/2 tsp paprika
    * 1 tsp salt
    * 1 tsp black pepper

Instructions

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a loaf sized baking pan with foil.
    2. Spray a nonstick skillet with non fat cooking spray. Saute the onion until softened - about 3-5 minutes. Add in the carrots, celery, and bell pepper, and cook for another 3-5 minutes to soften the veggies. Add in the zucchini, mushrooms and garlic and saute about 3 more minutes.
    3. In a large bowl, combine the ground turkey, oats, parsley, egg substitute, applesauce, tomato paste, paprika, salt and pepper. Fold in the veggies.
    4. Empty the mixture into your baking pan, and shape mixture into a loaf form with your hands.
    5. Bake until browned and meat inside is thoroughly cooked - about 1 hour.
    6. Remove from oven and let stand about 10-15 minutes. Cut into 6 equally sized slices.

Preparation time: 20 minute(s)

Cooking time: 1 hour(s) 15 minute(s)

It makes 6 servings (which are actually pretty thick) and it comes out to 185 calories; 3g fat; 18g carbohydrates; 27g protein

Anyway, it's all on the blog. But, yeah, so excited to be part of the blue team!!!
  • Hey everybody, my name is Courtney im 21 and i work part time and go to school part time. Living with my boyfriend has made this journey a little harder but he has finally got on the band wagon with me and buying healthy foods that we can share together and is now making it much easier for me to loose!!!!! I am so excited for this challenge and i am sure that our team is going to win!!!! Go Big Blue!!!!

recipie..... haha i microwave and just put frozen things in a skillet alot....... haha
  • hey blue team!!! i was out with my husband earlier and just signed on to check out the teams and what not!!! im so excited to start this challenge with everyone!! i can't wait to see where this journey takes us...i know we can do it!!! thanks for starting this thread bethany....looks like we're off to a great start!!! losing here we come!!! (weight that is!)
  • totustuusmaria
    hey courtney and jasmine!!!

thats me too courtney haha. i can so relate to the microwave!

so went for a run today with my younger brother (16) who i live with. told him about our teams. he says go team blue too. lol. he had an awful side stitch today so i beat him, which never happens. he is pretty fit and boxes almost everyday of the week (but still eats awful... i don't know how he does it!!!) but i won!!! go me! lol. first time i won! usually he races ahead of me in a zig-zag while i jog behind at a pace that he can walk and keep up with me and then he runs back to me and runs to our finish and yells at me "Finish strong!" haha but today i lapped him!!!! haha!
  • tbhoover
    I was thinking something that would be nice to know about everyone is what State do you guys live in?

Im in Arkansas.
  • tbhoover
    hey courtney and jasmine!!!

thats me too courtney haha. i can so relate to the microwave!

so went for a run today with my younger brother (16) who i live with. told him about our teams. he says go team blue too. lol. he had an awful side stitch today so i beat him, which never happens. he is pretty fit and boxes almost everyday of the week (but still eats awful... i don't know how he does it!!!) but i won!!! go me! lol. first time i won! usually he races ahead of me in a zig-zag while i jog behind at a pace that he can walk and keep up with me and then he runs back to me and runs to our finish and yells at me "Finish strong!" haha but today i lapped him!!!! haha!

Way to go!
  • ishapeme
    ishapeme Posts: 213 Member
    Hi Girls-Sorry for being a little late!

So I’m Chris, I’m from Boston, MA studying International Affairs with a Business Minor. Studying really stresses me out. I am constantly in the need to munch on something as I study. (Any good snacks that are low cal but I can eat a ton of???-does that exist?)

Anyway, I’m a vegitarian and a pescatarian when I can afford some good, wild caught seafood. I’m really trying to be good about eating environmentallly conscious food. However, I find it hard on a budget.

I’m absolutely thrilled to havea a great team that are focused and motivated to reaching their goal. I’ve said before but whaever, I LOVE before and after pics. So I really can’t wait to see ours.

Here’s a veggi Shepherd’s Pie I got from Rachel Ray which I loveeeeeeeeee........seriously take a piece and put the rest away or else you’ll eat the entire thing.

You can just google Rachel Ray’s Meatless Shepherd’s Pie with Horseradish

4 medium-large starchy Idaho potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
    2 parsnips, peeled and cut into thick slices
    Salt
    3 tablespoons prepared horseradish
    3/4 cup milk
    3 to 4 tablespoons chopped chives
    Freshly ground black pepper
    1 1/2 cups super-sharp white Cheddar
    1 egg, lightly beaten
    1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
    6 medium portobello mushroom caps, wiped clean, gills scraped, and chopped into bite-sized pieces
    2 sprigs fresh rosemary, leaves finely chopped
    1 large carrot, peeled and chopped
    1 medium-large onion, chopped
    4 cloves garlic, chopped
    1 small bundle Dinosaur, Tuscan or black kale, stemmed and thinly sliced
    A few grates nutmeg
    1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
    3 cups mushroom stock* or vegetable stock
    3 tablespoons butter
    2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • totustuusmaria
    I was thinking something that would be nice to know about everyone is what State do you guys live in?

Im in Arkansas.

Seriously? I am in Memphis TN. Have a lot of family in Arkansas!

Very neat!
  • totustuusmaria
    Nice recipe, Chris!

I am going to study business too! I'll be going to CA in late September.
  • emd0019
    emd0019 Posts: 179 Member
    Hey y'all!
    My name is Erica and I'm 22. I'm a vet school student currently in Auburn, AL but am from KY. I live with my 80 lb Weimaraner, Sarge. I'm in school a lot, but if I am not in school then I am studying, or at the gym, or RARELY hanging out with friends. I'm gonna admit its going to be hard for me to lose. I started at 162 and have been bouncing between 148-150 lb for the past few months. But I know I can do it if I try hard enough! The hardest thing is going to be turning down going to lunch or dinner with friends because we never get to hang out so when we do it's centered around food.
    By the way as far as recipes I'm kind of addicted to chicken rings (they are actually not too bad as far as cal, and fat) so I stick them in the oven for at least 1 meal a day..... :)
    I'll be very excited to try some of these new recipes (an try my best to find a good one to add)

That's awesome Dev!!
  • I live in NJ, but I'm from NC!! i misssss home...but i deal with jersey....my husband is in the Air Force, tis the life of a military wife!!!
  • ishapeme
    ishapeme Posts: 213 Member
    Nice recipe, Chris!

I am going to study business too! I'll be going to CA in late September.

Nice...I’m doing an internship this Fall then finishing up in the Spring. I can hardly believe it.
  • Hope228
    Hope228 Posts: 340 Member
    Hi, I live in Pa and am very excited to be starting the challenge! I'm an Instructional Assistant with 9th graders that have special needs. I have been married for 22 years and have 2 children. Last year i gained some major weight. I'm not going to sit back and accept it and get bigger. It's coming off!
    I was diagnosed in 2006 with MS and while I can't run any marathons, I certainly can still get around okay. I promise to give this my all and make you guys proud.
    I'm also looking forward to the feeling of being a part of something nice again. I haven't felt that in a long time.
    Thanks for having me, <3<3<3 We are going to do this!
  • Hope228
    Hope228 Posts: 340 Member
    Oh, I wanted to add I lived in Wynne , Ar for 3.5 years. I remember we would drive to Memphis once a month. :-)
  • So im definetly glade that our challenge starts tomorrow!!!! i did so bad yesterday. my spike day was offffff the charts lol. time to get back on track.
  • tbhoover
    Im looking forward to getting the challenge started tomorrow :o)

I am loving having accountability to others in my weight loss....it really keeps me on track
  • tbhoover
    Ok week 1 challenge is pretty simple...stay under calories...we can do this ladies. Its all about committing to planning what you are going to eat.

Lets go above and beyond this Team Blue! Lets push to win. I would like to see us commit to more than just this goal. Lets also commit to getting AT LEAST our 8 glasses of water daily.

I would also like to encourage a team commitment to physical activity. Can everyone commit to maybe 30 minutes of cardio a day?? This is easy. A walk. Treadmill. Elliptical. Maybe recreational sports. Come on ladies...you can do it!!!

I will also be committing to 200 crunches per day for a total of 1000 crunches by the end of the day Friday. If you want to join in with me on this...that would be awesome.

All of this is in addition to any other exercise you may do on a regular basis. If you dont exercise regularly take this opportunity to push yourself. Im not a regular work out kinda girl and having challenges push me to get mobile really helps me

Im pushing to do more than the minimum because I want maximum results. I am going to check in with you ladies daily. The accountability is something that drives me. If I know others are counting on me or believing in me to do something...I will do it.

Come On Team Blue! Lets win this
  • tbhoover
    Just wanted to post our member list

candoit11
    emd0019
    LWDLLC
    jasminebri
    sarah31587
    totustuusmaria
    hope228
    honey1990