Women in their 40s!

Options

Replies

• Grammytryingtogetfit
    Options
    n6bvvihg5bf3.jpg
    Happy Hump Day Lovely Ladies, I hope you all have a smashing day!!! Get out there and kick some booty today, I know you can do it!!! :):):)
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    I'm 43, my goal weight is 120. I reached 124 a few days ago but somehow gained 3 pounds. My appetite varies, sometimes not hungry other times famished 😬
    About 10 years ago I weighed 253. I had high blood pressure and was always tired. I decided to not eat fast food and give up Coke I also decided to get more active and walked at least 30 mins a day for over a year. I have since kept off the 100+lbs. My lowest weight was 109, but I looked and felt horrible. My body is happy at 120, so that's what I'm aiming for. Blessings all😀

That's a massive accomplishment! Congratulations! Do you have a maintenance range? It could be the three pounds is just normal hormonal weight fluctuation. Do you use a weight trending app?
  • lizziequek
    lizziequek Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    hi , im turning 43 & also looking to lose 10 pounds! Lets encourage each other !
  • pioneerrose
    pioneerrose Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi. Please feel free to add me as a friend. I need the motivation and guilt to keep going. I need to loose 30 by March and I’m way behind on my goals. Please help!
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Options
    I'm 43, my goal weight is 120. I reached 124 a few days ago but somehow gained 3 pounds. My appetite varies, sometimes not hungry other times famished 😬
    About 10 years ago I weighed 253. I had high blood pressure and was always tired. I decided to not eat fast food and give up Coke I also decided to get more active and walked at least 30 mins a day for over a year. I have since kept off the 100+lbs. My lowest weight was 109, but I looked and felt horrible. My body is happy at 120, so that's what I'm aiming for. Blessings all😀
    Like Lisa said, That's a huge accomplishment!!!!!!! Congratulations!! I also agree with her in that it could be just normal fluctuations.
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Options
    dygmebh8ryxg.jpg
    Happy Friday Lovely Ladies!!! I hope you all have a Fantastic weekend :):)
  • kenkel4
    kenkel4 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Enjoy your weekend.
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Options
    xvtz6n6793rn.jpg
    Good Monday Morning Ladies, I hope you all had a great weekend!!!! Back to work and back to the bump and grind this week. I can't believe next week is Christmas :o:o:#:#
    Have a smashing day Ladies!
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Options
    k0fbs6limd1w.png
    Happy Hump Day Ladies :):):)
    I had to share this picture today, because I know this will be me for like the next week...LOL
    Have a Fantastic day and get out there and kick some booty!!!!
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    SallyLuvsFitness Posts: 13,724 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I am new to Fitness Pal and would love to support and motivate others! I need to lose 15 pounds and looking forward to sticking to my plan. For the most part I do eat healthy; however, I have let unnecessary alcohol calories overall hurt my daily totals. I am going dry in January. What are your goals?

Does anyone want to join me to support whatever goals you are aiming for? I would like to find accountability people that would like to join in a weekly weigh in. Any one game?
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Options
    Welcome to this group of Ladies @Fitness327wk :)
  • ABNana2614
    ABNana2614 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm 46 (soon to be 47), and as I typed that it shocked me to realize I'm almost 47! I would like to lose about 50 pounds in total, but right now I'd be happy with 30. I really want to lose the weight and get fit so I can continue to play with my grandchildren easily for many years.
  • corriepelc
    corriepelc Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm 42 and new to MyFitnessPal.

A bit about me -- about four years I was diagnosed with a gluten allergy, spurring me to start eating cleaner and finally lose weight. I returned to Weight Watchers, where I was able to lose 60 lbs, reclaimed Lifetime status, and became a runner in the process.

I unfortunately have put on a few of my pounds back since the summer due to stress. And I also have found myself struggling with WW's food limitations as I am now a half-marathoner and I work out normally twice a day, with strength training in the morning and running/Zumba in the evening. I'm now working with a sports nutritionist to lose those few pounds I gained and make sure I'm fueling myself properly, and she suggested I use MyFitnessPal.

I'm looking forward to learning lots and continuing my fitness journey!
  • ShopGirl9999
    ShopGirl9999 Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Hi, turned 43 and feel good overall...but want to lose 10 ideally 15 lbs to get to where Ii felt my best.

I am active and started working out more. Most of all focusing...day 6 today. Not looking at scale, just making changes, staying focused and positive!

• ShopGirl9999
    ShopGirl9999 Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Some ladies mentioned late night snacking...cucumbers with bit of salt has been helping me a lot!
  • Regina_Smiles
    Regina_Smiles Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello - I’m an over 40 lady starting my weight loss journey over. (again!) Stress has taken a toll on my body the past few years. Looking to connect for support.
  • katarina005
    katarina005 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I'm 41 and I would love to connect with you all who are in the same boat! I have maybe 10-15 lbs to lose, and it's not easy. Post here, add me as a friend - let's do this together!

We got this. Believe in yourself!