Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

200+ lbs lost

2»

Replies

• pogiguy05pogiguy05 Posts: 1,583Member, Premium Member Posts: 1,583Member, Premium Member
    shunggie wrote: »
    Very impressive. You look great!!!!!!!! Are you at goal now, or are you still losing?

No, I’m not at goal. I’m still losing. I figure for my height I should weigh 195.

Yep was gonna ask how tall are you? Must be around 6' or so. Looking good though
  • ericarmstrong4954ericarmstrong4954 Posts: 14Member Member Posts: 14Member Member
  • Kimmotion5783Kimmotion5783 Posts: 417Member Member Posts: 417Member Member
    Amazing work! Very inspiring! :oB)
  • PigHerderPigHerder Posts: 91Member Member Posts: 91Member Member
    Holy moly. Looking GOOD!
  • ericarmstrong4954ericarmstrong4954 Posts: 14Member Member Posts: 14Member Member
    Thank y’all.
    I really appreciate the encouragement. 😊
  • mathdad41mathdad41 Posts: 119Member Member Posts: 119Member Member
    Amazing. Sent you a friend request
  • MsBaz2018MsBaz2018 Posts: 345Member Member Posts: 345Member Member
    I started at 450lbs. Now I’m at 211.

Holy cow ! Wow
  • frau5frau5 Posts: 18Member Member Posts: 18Member Member
    That's freakin' AMAZING!!! You're a rock star!! Pictures like this are what keep me going.

I agree. Your transformation is inspiring . Thanks for sharing your secret of cutting out sugar and limiting portion size and calories.
  • IamsimpleguyIamsimpleguy Posts: 1,553Member Member Posts: 1,553Member Member
    That's Incredible Work and Amazing Transformation!!
  • initiation0initiation0 Posts: 22Member Member Posts: 22Member Member
    WOW! Spectacular! Great job!
  • Sew3rinSew3rin Posts: 115Member, Premium Member Posts: 115Member, Premium Member
    Way to go!!!
  • amynew4uamynew4u Posts: 47Member Member Posts: 47Member Member
    Impressive! What has your exercise regime been, from the beginning? How many calories did you begin with, in early stages? Congrats!
  • anewlife4me8610anewlife4me8610 Posts: 91Member, Premium Member Posts: 91Member, Premium Member
    Wow! You look amazing and I’m not sure anyone asked this of you, but what is the time frame?
  • beatthereaper2016beatthereaper2016 Posts: 55Member, Premium Member Posts: 55Member, Premium Member
    Incredibly motivating brother!
    amynew4u wrote: »
    Impressive! What has your exercise regime been, from the beginning? How many calories did you begin with, in early stages? Congrats!

Thanks, i was always big into weightlifting however due to a small rotator cuff tear the last 6 months I haven’t lifted weights much. I did a lot of cardio for the first year and a half. Mostly 4-12 mile walks and off and on 3 mile runs. Really the last four months I’ve lost the fastest and I’m not lifting weights or running right now. I lift only one to two times a week right now. After everything I’ve been through with weight loss, if I could do it over again I wouldn’t work out as much at first. I would take it easy but be very consistent on diet and nutrition. My big problem was pride I had to try to be a perfectionist. So, I was gung ho on working out and being 450lbs, that didn’t work well. I kept having small injuries and my weight loss was very slow despite all the work I was doing. Once I eased up things happened much faster.
    Wow! You look amazing and I’m not sure anyone asked this of you, but what is the time frame?

Thank you.

This took me two years. I started in june of 16.
  • wanderingarcherwanderingarcher Posts: 697Member Member Posts: 697Member Member
    Amazing job! That’s so much hard work. Your pictures tell a huge story. Congratulations and well done!
  • evergreenlakegirlevergreenlakegirl Posts: 89Member Member Posts: 89Member Member
    You look like a totally different guy! Great job!!
  • try2againtry2again Posts: 3,560Member Member Posts: 3,560Member Member
    This is truly an amazing transformation! I can't even fathom how much better your quality of life must be! And what a wonderful example you've set for your family, friends, and the MFP community in taking charge of your life and your health. Thank you for sharing :)
  • harleyhearseharleyhearse Posts: 7Member Member Posts: 7Member Member
    Congratulations! That was truly inspirational for me! (You look GREAT BTW!) I am starting right now in a very similar situation. I currently weigh 430lbs.. (I was 465lbs a month ago). I too have a shoulder injury right now- (Broken left clavicle-soon to be repaired/fixed Mid April/May hopefully!). I am counting calories, (Trying to stay around 1400.) I do exercise using a Green Resistance Band-3 times a week and walk 5 times a week. Mid week and Sundays are my "recovery days". I am searching for people who understand what it takes to do this here on MFP, or any other site/area you may know? (I got off Facebook because of the negativity, and the fact I was totally addicted to it!). Unless you have been here (a way above average weight), it is hard for most people to understand. Please add me as a friend if you wish. Having positive encouragement from someone who truly understands the journey is exactly the kind of assistance that I need! I hope you have a great day! Frank