Mini Challenge: 10lbs down by Valentines Day? <3

Inspired by @HaleCry and her lovely 10lb-by-New-Year thread, here's a new challenge: Lose 10lbs by 14th February.

Who want's in? Check in with your progress whenever you like. :)

I'll start: I'm 170.5 today. So aiming for 160.5 in roughly 8 weeks. That seems doable for me given I still have 43lbs to lose!

Replies

• BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,364 Member
    PigHerder wrote: »
    Love the sensible people on this post. <3

So here's a disclaimer: If 10lbs in 8.5 weeks (c.1.2lbs a week) seems unrealistic for you based on your current weight (i.e. you don't have much to lose) or your preferred rate of loss, then don't feel you can't join in. Just pick a target that makes sense for your situation! :smile:

I want to be fine-tuning a maintenance zone by Valentines Day. For me, that would a 4 lb range with a maximum top edge of 139. Once I am there, I may decide to make 135 the MIDDLE instead of the bottom .... or even the top edge. At 60 yrs old, shooting for the dead-centre (despite an average bone frame - neither robust nor fine-boned) of the BMI range for my height - 124.4 - is just not realistic any more.

As of today - 144.6

If anyone would like to also check in more frequently on a complimentary "Just Keep Moving" Exercise short-term challenge thread between now and New Years Eve, come on over and see me at https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10707982/holiday-motivation-pump-it-up#latest

Any suggestions on how to title a complimentary mini-challenge that would run parallel to yours all the way through Valentines Day?
  • Running2Fit
    Running2Fit Posts: 702 Member
    I’ll join!

Highest Weight: 190
    Current Weight: 149.4
    Challenge Goal: 139.4
    Ultimate Goal: 120
  • jo_nz
    jo_nz Posts: 548 Member
    Well, my 10lb in 10 weeks for new year seems to be falling short, so I am keen to join here and keep going.

Current weight 146
    Goal weight 140
    Ultimate goal 120
  • Shannongr29
    Shannongr29 Posts: 1,809 Member
    Ill join but 6-8 is a healthier and more obtainable goal for me.
  • Catina81
    Catina81 Posts: 1 Member
    I will join as well! I need a little extra motivation
  • hclay25
    hclay25 Posts: 32 Member
    I’m interested!
  • I’m in 😄
  • dani741
    dani741 Posts: 12 Member
    I would like to try this, to have a Goal. I’ve not been successful @ weight loss.. I’ll
    Give this a try. Starting Wt. 174 ...
  • LeslieMedic
    LeslieMedic Posts: 2 Member
    Ok. I’m in. Highest weight was 155 when I restarted this app this year. I’m down 3.5 with some overhaul of my activity and some changes in my diet including daily logs where I try to be super honest because I learn where my issues lie (beer, snacks, and coffee treats.). I’ll weigh in tomorrow, guessing I’m still in the lower 150’s so I’d be thrilled with 140 but I’ll be specific to 10 lbs when I weigh in. Thanks for being “in the same boat” because this struggle is real!!!