Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

What commonly given MFP Forum advice do you personally disagree with?

Replies

• lkpducky
    lkpducky Posts: 16,632 Member
    How did I miss that thread? I was a member in 2013.
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,224 Member
    lkpducky wrote: »
    How did I miss that thread? I was a member in 2013.

I couldn’t find the real thread (where she talked about the BF) that was the real treasure. I bet it got nuked. I did find the cake recipe thread-that’s got just a touch of the charm. And of course the recipe if someone wants to go find powdered sea monkeys and whatever other common pantry staples to make a cake.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    edited December 2018
    pinuplove wrote: »
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    Thank
    6. I ate cake for breakfast yesterday and hardly feel qualified to dole out advice to anyone else based on that :lol:

I’ll take your advice any day. Cake is life!

Unless it was some sad paleo/keto/low carb/diet/black bean/beet microwave sea sponge looking thing that someone on Pinterest professed to be “the best cake EVAH” even though they had to drink a bottle of wine with it to get it down but now they are committed to the farce and want others to suffer alongside.

This reminds me of a thread from way way back. OP was complaining about how much energy she had put into creating this heavily substituted for "healthy" ingredients monstrosity of a cake that she had made for her boyfriends birthday and he had to audacity to complain about it (he wanted a chocolate cake, but she loved him too much to kill him with those horrifying chemical cakes). :laugh:

I remember that! That was a forum classic (that was from the mini tramp[oline] thread era I think?). That’s exactly where the beet part of my (sadly probably not) fictional concoction came from. Because who puts beets in a cake? That’s unforgettably traumatic to the cake.

I felt bad for the poor boyfriend. Just feed him the cake he wants for Pete's sake, rather than trying to force him into eating "healthy" sadness on his birthday.

I missed so much good stuff 2013-16 :disappointed:

Thinking it would be fun to serve one of those monstrosities up to hubby to see how much of an effort he makes at feigning enthusiasm before busting out the real deal :smiley:

Those were the golden years. I learned SO MUCH on the forums back then.

-Mini tramp[online]s give a full body workout (including your liver) in just 15 minutes.
    -Little Debbie’s sugar leaches calcium from the blood
    -blood calcium is immune to fruit sugar
    -calcium is also carcinogenic
    -this is also connected to certain kinds of milk but I got a little confused at the mechanisms.
    -superfoods counteract this calcium leaching (you may or may not need to do the hokey pokey first and there may or may not be magic spells involved)

And those were the highlights from just a 3 day spread.

It was a MAGIC time or knowledge sharing here at the mfp forums.

ETA because I used the wrong leach at first but I really don’t think it matters in this case.

You forgot all the vibration machine threads, the fat stripper threads, and the evil microwaves.
  • HeliumIsNoble
    HeliumIsNoble Posts: 1,213 Member
    edited December 2018
    I think I might find beet cake a more appealing weight loss prospect than a mini-trampoline.

I clearly remember falling off my friend's mum's mini-trampoline when they were THE in-thing for get-fit in the early-90s. Come to think of it, I felt bruised all over afterwards, so maybe it was a full-body work-out. And I had been on it for less than 15 minutes!
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    6. I ate cake for breakfast yesterday and hardly feel qualified to dole out advice to anyone else based on that :lol:

People actually need a lot of advice on cake. Don't hold back. Share your expertise. ;)
  • snowflake954
    Thank

I’ll take your advice any day. Cake is life!

Unless it was some sad paleo/keto/low carb/diet/black bean/beet microwave sea sponge looking thing that someone on Pinterest professed to be “the best cake EVAH” even though they had to drink a bottle of wine with it to get it down but now they are committed to the farce and want others to suffer alongside.

This reminds me of a thread from way way back. OP was complaining about how much energy she had put into creating this heavily substituted for "healthy" ingredients monstrosity of a cake that she had made for her boyfriends birthday and he had to audacity to complain about it (he wanted a chocolate cake, but she loved him too much to kill him with those horrifying chemical cakes). :laugh:

Do you think they're still together?
  • snowflake954
    Some cakes and other goodies I’ve made (this is probably why I’m still here...)

15j79c.jpg

Now THIS is what makes MFP worthwhile!
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,285 Member
    I think I might find beet cake a more appealing weight loss prospect than a mini-trampoline.

I clearly remember falling off my friend's mum's mini-trampoline when they were THE in-thing for get-fit in the early-90s. Come to think of it, I felt bruised all over afterwards, so maybe it was a full-body work-out. And I had been on it for less than 15 minutes!

I made a chocolate cake with beets one time and it was actually really good! They were pureed into the batter and just gave it a rich taste. Of course, I also used plenty of legit sugar and fat (as a chocolate cake deserves).

I remember nervously making chocolate-avocado cupcakes for my nephew's birthday. They were AMAZING!