Intermittent Feasting

This is an offshoot of the "if it didn't have calories" thread. this is something you are going to eat when it's available even though it has the calories - your "it's worth it" foods.

I'll start.

Chocolate pecan pie, warm, with scoop of ice cream and a little chocolate syrup for good measure:

Chocolate-Pecan-Pie_ExtraLarge1000_ID-1068433.jpg

Replies

• MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    This is an offshoot of the "if it didn't have calories" thread. this is something you are going to eat when it's available even though it has the calories - your "it's worth it" foods.

I'll start.

Chocolate pecan pie, warm, with scoop of ice cream and a little chocolate syrup for good measure:

I have never had a chocolate pecan pie, but I think that needs to change! Where would I find such gloriousness?
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    edited December 2018
    Donuts. All of them. Right @pinuplove? Donuts are the best.

But seriously... Most *good* mexican is worth it. I love a good brazilian steakhouse... Other than that, it's more about the volume of food than it is the actual food/item for me.
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    MoHousdon wrote: »

I'll start.

I have never had a chocolate pecan pie, but I think that needs to change! Where would I find such gloriousness?

It's easy to find recipes. The simplest ones are pretty much standard pecan pie with chocolate chips stirred in. The better ones make some other adjustments to get ratios right (more nuts to offset the chocolate).

If you want to find it eating out, Cracker Barrel and Lucky 32 are the restaurants near me that usually have it.

• pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    jjpptt2 wrote: »

But seriously... Most *good* mexican is worth it. I love a good brazilian steakhouse... Other than that, it's more about the volume of food than it is the actual food/item for me.

@jjpptt2 I thought we agreed - I send you all the donuts and you send me all the muffins. Stop trying to convince me greasy fried dough is good :grumble:
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    MoHousdon wrote: »

I'll start.

It's easy to find recipes. The simplest ones are pretty much standard pecan pie with chocolate chips stirred in. The better ones make some other adjustments to get ratios right (more nuts to offset the chocolate).

If you want to find it eating out, Cracker Barrel and Lucky 32 are the restaurants near me that usually have it.

I know where I'm going for dinner tonight!!! Thanks!

Also, my husband made the most incredible pecan pie several years ago, I wonder if he'd be willing to make another with with chocolate in it for me?
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    pinuplove wrote: »

@jjpptt2 I thought we agreed - I send you all the donuts and you send me all the muffins. Stop trying to convince me greasy fried dough is good :grumble:

You're right... heavy greasy donuts are not good. Light, airy, golden hoops of deliciousness... they are like little rings of heaven.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    pinuplove wrote: »

You're right... heavy greasy donuts are not good. Light, airy, golden hoops of deliciousness... they are like little rings of heaven.

I wouldn't know, because I've never had anything like that. Someone must be hogging them all! :tongue:
  • Heidijens123
    Heidijens123 Posts: 289 Member
    My favorite Ice cream. Totally worth every calorie, and yes I took a pic of the carton from my freezer, I'm planning on a scoop tonight. y0w8kqzabjxb.jpg
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    peanut butter fudge, pumpkin pie with homemade whipped cream, a chocolate poke cake that I make for all the birthdays. Rolls with cinnamon butter at texas roadhouse. a warm brownie OR large chocolate chip cookie OR chocolate lava cake with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Vegetable samosas, sticky toffee pudding, pizza, cheesy puffs, European bacon. All totally worth it.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Wine, also pasta, pizza, seafood, steak, donuts.. but it's got to be good otherwise I pass.