My Dr. Called me fat...😩

Options
πŸ˜‚ my doctor pinched my stomach and said I was overweight and " had more than I needed"
So that really bummed me out but I decided to finally start using this resource to track my food and get excited about losing weight 😐
Which seems super complected right now.. but in the process I hope to find people that motivate me and I can't wait to read all of your success stories.
So, what's your reason for being here?
Β«1345

Replies

• hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    was going to comment but then I noticed OP's profile has vanished lol
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    hesn92 wrote: Β»

Well, that's interesting.
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    Why would you not just delete the thread with (presumably) your pic on it, as opposed to closing your account and leaving the thread intact?
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Why would you not just delete the thread with (presumably) your pic on it, as opposed to closing your account and leaving the thread intact?

It's a bit of a roundabout process to get your thread deleted, and most new users don't know how (the whole report and request thing).
  • ssarzen1976
    ssarzen1976 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    bchernes wrote: Β»
    πŸ˜‚ my doctor pinched my stomach and said I was overweight and " had more than I needed"
    So that really bummed me out but I decided to finally start using this resource to track my food and get excited about losing weight 😐
    Which seems super complected right now.. but in the process I hope to find people that motivate me and I can't wait to read all of your success stories.
    So, what's your reason for being here?

The same reason as you, though he didn't need to pinch, it was pretty damn visible :D
  • tbduarte1
    tbduarte1 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I am here for a number of reasons. I am 35 6'1 and weigh 390. I have high blood pressure, I have lowered kidney function, I am sure I have sleep apnea. I am a teacher and was doing a weight loss challenge at work and well I had been sick and hit 390...the biggest I have ever been. I did a lot of reading on here and have figured out how to do this so I am taking it slow. I have had Dr's tell me I am fat and no it is not a pleasant conversation and something no one likes to hear. It was never enough for me to stop getting in my way so kudos to you to use it as motivation. I wish you luck as you work your way through your journey.
  • NashvilleRealtor
    NashvilleRealtor Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    hesn92 wrote: Β»

I'm here 😊