Is the creamer worth it?

Options

Replies

• NashvilleRealtor
    NashvilleRealtor Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    No food makes your weight loss efforts more or less successful unless you eat too much of it. It's all about calories. I lost over 100 lbs using dairy almost daily and it didn't hinder me in any way. If you really enjoy the creamer then use it but make sure you log the calories accurately. I'm pretty sure it's more than 5 calories.

😅 I actually meant to say 50!
    5️⃣0️⃣
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    Where did you read that dairy was bad for you? Calories are what stop you losing weight not dairy.

I have eaten plenty of delicious cheese, cream, butter, whole milk, etc whilst I have lost my weight. The only time my weight loss is hindered is when I eat too much food.

My personal trainer asked me to stop eating all dairy. He said that I would see results faster if I stopped consuming dairy so I Googled it

Does your trainer also hold an academic degree in nutrition, and is a registered dietitian?

If he's not, and he doesn't, pay him no mind. It's purely broscience, with no actual basis for anything.

Dairy is fine unless you are lactose intolerant.

I've never questioned it because he holds classes on what types of food to eat, prepares meal plans and coaches a lot of body builders. I'm not sure if he actually holds a degree in nutrition

If I believed everything that everyone ever told me about what to eat, what not to eat, what's good, what's bad, I still wouldn't know what I would be able to eat or not eat. Everyone has an opinion, everyone seems to want to share it, and everyone thinks their way is the best. Not all trainers have an education in nutrition. Most MDs don't even know much about nutrition. Do your homework, and if you are going to research on the internet, make sure your sources are reputable. Remember, anyone can post anything on the internet and say it's true.
  • jelleigh
    jelleigh Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    To me it sounds like the trainer has suggested cutting calorie dense food that people can easily overeat. It's unnecessary for weight loss to cut a whole food group, but only if your are carefully tracking how much of that food group you are eating. Aka weighing all your foods and eating within your calorie range. Since many people won't do this, people try eliminating certain foods is a way to lower calorie intake sort of 'by accident'. That's why some of the WW core food programs work for some people - people are unlikely to overeat those core foods and so accidentally eat less calorically.

If you are committed to weighing and tracking your food, and have no other food sensitivities, then go ahead and have your dairy!
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    I don’t do creamer. The calories aren’t worth it to me and I actually like black coffee. I won’t give up dairy though. I have done paleo in the past, and while I felt amazing eating that way I just love cheese to much to stick to it. Dairy has had zero affect on my weight as long as I keep it within my calorie budget.
  • NashvilleRealtor
    NashvilleRealtor Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    SCoil123 wrote: »
    I don’t do creamer. The calories aren’t worth it to me and I actually like black coffee. I won’t give up dairy though. I have done paleo in the past, and while I felt amazing eating that way I just love cheese to much to stick to it. Dairy has had zero affect on my weight as long as I keep it within my calorie budget.

Omg 🤤 cheese is the best... reading all of this people's comments is making me think that perhaps he suggested for me to cut all dairy because- something that most people have said is right- that is the one thing that we tend to indulge in.