I wonder if you can lose weight without training

Options
2»

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Honestly, it's absolutely impossible for me to lose if I don't exercise... I'm just too hungry and miserable on 1300 calories a day and I need the extra calories that I gain from being active.

I mean, when I started out with 80 lbs to lose, sure. Now that I want to lose the 20 I regained, I just can't do it (I've been sick for weeks with chest congestion and it's been extremely frustrating!).

• nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    I noticed that I dropped 15 lbs in a week, so it means that the method I use is effective and I can recommend it to you. I only workout 20 minutes a day, so it's not much for me.

[Link removed by MFP Staff]

15lbs lost in one week is going to be primarily water weight, some fat, and some muscle. The number dropping that much on the scale may be exciting, but the final outcome is not likely going to be something you're happy with.
  • MineralDaGreat
    MineralDaGreat Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm sure a ton of people said this already but just lower your calorie intake and make sure to eat healthier foods that can also help your body function better and get rid of some of the fats you might have.
  • Slowfaster
    Slowfaster Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I lost 62 pounds last year with combined calorie counting, no sugar and 16/8 intermittent fasting. Would I have lost as much with just the calorie counting? Maybe, but I've done that in the past and not lost quite as much.

To get back to your question, no you don't have to work-out if the very idea of it makes you want to give up on the whole project. I can't do much because of a bad leg, but I do include what I call my "waiting for it to boil," plan. During those moments in the kitchen I do 20 push-ups against the sink, or 20 squats while holding onto the sink, etc. I sneak in a good bit of exercise that way.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Intermittent fasting is a new trend that can help you lose weight. Simply put, it involves 16 hours of limiting consumption in a day, and then you can eat whatever you want for the other 8 hours. Studies have shown that this strategy is beneficial even without counting calories.

IF can help some folks lose without counting calories, because they simply can't or don't want to eat too much food during the limited eating window and end up naturally in a deficit. But you do still have to be in a calorie deficit, whether you count the calories or not, and you can't just eat without care for eight hours.
  • Lesscookies12
    Lesscookies12 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I was able to do it before all one needs is a deficit to lose weight. Eat less calories then you burn. Working out just gives you a more sleek look and helps one look better naked. Good luck!
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    Intermittent fasting is a new trend that can help you lose weight. Simply put, it involves 16 hours of limiting consumption in a day, and then you can eat whatever you want for the other 8 hours. Studies have shown that this strategy is beneficial even without counting calories.

not true at all I have done IF for more than 3 decades and I have gained weight doing IF.I have lost and I have also maintained. its all about the calories no matter what.its very easy to overeat for many people in their window of time when fasting. nothing special about IF when it comes to weight loss,a deficit is still needed
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,022 Member
    Options
    I noticed that I dropped 15 lbs in a week, so it means that the method I use is effective and I can recommend it to you. I only workout 20 minutes a day, so it's not much for me.

[Link removed by MFP Staff]

You did not lose 15 lb of fat in a week.

But I think you know that - and you just posted this with an advertising link, now removed by mods.

And 20 minute a day is not " no excercise" anyway.

• pimpmyyasuo
    pimpmyyasuo Posts: 7 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    I am optimistic there, in total I got 17 lbs less than at the beginning which is a great result. Sorry if the link was inappropriate, my method I use is described here [Link removed by MFP Mods because it's still inappropriate]
  • pimpmyyasuo
    pimpmyyasuo Posts: 7 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    18 lbs less for today! Here you can order an ebook wich describes my method: [Link removed by MFP Mods]
    I think its appropriate now
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    18 lbs less for today! Here you can order an ebook wich describes my method: bit.ly/2A6i1FO
    I think its appropriate now

Posting that link is never appropriate as its against forum t's and c's
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    I'm 30 pounds down without much exercise. I'm working on incorporating more because I feel better and have more energy when I exercise, but I've had no issues staying on track with my eating without it.