JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,786 Member
    Options
    I just sat down for the first time in 9 hours! I finally am ready for Christmas. I will bake my pies in the morning before the gang all arrives! I have my ladder done and 5 stockings hanging on it. I would need a 6 foot ladder for all 8 to fit.

Ok I’m off!!!! It’s a Wonderful Lifebis starting and hubby and I will watch it while we have appetizers for supper!

Merry Christmas to all of you.
  • 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Merry Christmas! This Christmas is full of exercise, dancing and walking.
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Merry Christmas to everyone! So grateful to have this warm, friendly, funny space to hash out food, fitness and more.

I wish you all peace. Be at peace with yourselves, with your bodies, with your family and partners.

And remember the peace that comes with knowing that tomorrow is another day.

JFT Let’s enjoy Christmas knowing we will be back here and back on it thereafter.

Love to you all x
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Monday
    1. Therapy exercises. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Log 1 item.
    2. Head to the Y for treadmill and mini-strength class.
    3. Duo. Return library books. Groceries.
    4. Repair laptop bag. Update blog.
    5. Ralph with family.
    6. Walk to 10k.
    7. Vocabulary from Malala.
    8. Therapy exercises. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 10:45; devices off by 11.

JFT Tuesday - Merry Christmas!
    2. Duo. Repair laptop bag.
    3. Update blog.
    4. Family get-together
    5. Pack for next family get-together. Vocabulary from Malala.
    6. Therapy exercises. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 10:45; devices off by 11.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    February 2018: 173.6
    March 2018: 179.6
    July 2018: 189.6
    August 2018: 187.4
    September: 186.4
    October: 185.4
    November: 188.2
    Today: 192

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" at thrift stores. Practice French braiding on D's hair.
    2. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Regular: needs practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me).
    3. Find out if a second masters pays the same as an EdS (email HH). Revise Machiavelli Prince Analysis - Part 1 paraphrased explanation, Part 2 quote & leader choice & explanation, part 3 reflection. Connect standards to assignments and include them in titles and in gradebook.
    4. Develop writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts.
    5. Write next blog post. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Barn order: stapler, pencil sharpener
    6. Keep track of medical stuffs. Dentist? Also Feb 7 9:30 w Ac Int. Sub already set up. Apr 22 McC. Need sub. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Gifts for dad and DH - look for licorice puffs (Dollar Tree), cookbook. Fix laptop bag. Find a recipe for squash soup that looks good.
    8. Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Can poetry unit be condensed?
    9. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, Harvey Mansfield, or Robert Adams). Check on alternate translations for The Prince.

More family stuff today. Plan is to bring turkey and eat some salad if there's something other than cole slaw or potato salad.
  • lemonginger35
    lemonginger35 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I’m back after missing a few days & with a new profile for the new year. Thought to start fresh. Merry Christmas everyone.

JFT 26.12.2018, Wednesday:
    1. Eat fruits only for meals
    2. Do sudharshana kriya
    3. Use stevia in tea & coffee
    4. Limit coffee intake to 2 cups per day & the rest ginger lemon tea only
    5. Start again week 1 Day 1 of C25K
    6. Take a shower in the morning instead of night
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Tuesday - Merry Christmas!
    2. Duo. Repair laptop bag.
    3. Update blog.
    4. Family get-together.
    5. Pack for next family get-together. Vocabulary from Malala.
    6. Therapy exercises. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 10:45; devices off by 11.

JFT Wednesday
    2. 8:45 strength class; leave early if possible.
    3. Pack car for trip. Leave for therapy by 1:30.
    4. Groceries. Update blog, doggone it! Start vocabulary from Wes Moore.
    5. Therapy exercises. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 9:45; devices off by 10. Alarm set for 5:00.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    February 2018: 173.6
    March 2018: 179.6
    July 2018: 189.6
    August 2018: 187.4
    September: 186.4
    October: 185.4
    November: 188.2
    Today: 190.2

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" at thrift stores. Practice French braiding on D's hair.
    2. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Regular: needs practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me).
    3. Find out if a second masters pays the same as an EdS (email HH). Revise Machiavelli Prince Analysis - Part 1 paraphrased explanation, Part 2 quote & leader choice & explanation, part 3 reflection. Connect standards to assignments and include them in titles and in gradebook.
    4. Develop writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts.
    5. Write next blog post. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Barn order: stapler, pencil sharpener
    6. Keep track of medical stuffs. Dentist? Also Feb 7 9:30 w Ac Int. Sub already set up. Apr 22 McC. Need sub. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Gifts for dad and DH - look for licorice puffs (Dollar Tree), cookbook. Fix laptop bag. Find a recipe for squash soup that looks good.
    8. Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Can poetry unit be condensed?
    9. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, Harvey Mansfield, or Robert Adams). Check on alternate translations for The Prince.
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Morning all! Hope everyone had a great Christmas. We had a lovely day - the kids were so excited and happy with their presents and everyone got on. I massively overindulged and am feeling it this morning. Didn’t log at all but it wasn’t pretty! Puffy with water retention and super sluggish - ugh!

But I’ve got up determined to get back to usual. I’ve done a workout and need to stay motivated. It’s my sister’s birthday so we will head back to my parents’ place for dinner this evening. There will be loads of food and a birthday cake that I’ve made but I would really prefer not to have another big blowout. Need to remember how grim I felt first thing this morning!

So, goals for today:
    - morning workout ✅
    - Head to shops to exchange gift
    - Sort younger daughter’s room and hang mirror and lights
    - Laundry and cleaning
    - Parents for evening
    - Water!
    - New resident permit for car
    - Early night

Have a great day all x
  • Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,030 Member
    Options
    Skipped a couple days. It's been very stressful & also long road trip. Eating to stay awake while driving & due to boredom. But could have made wiser choices. It was a free for all. if I keep making excuses, I'll never get to where I want to be weight wise & healthwise. I'll try again, here.

I'm working on changing some bad habits too. Need to get more sleep & go to bed earlier & wake up earlier....then maybe I can incorporate exercise.

JFT:
    Dec. 26
    *Weigh
    *make wiser food choices
    *drink at least 4 glasses of water
    *unpack
    *plan meals through Monday
    *pay couple of parents bills
    *work on 1 or all of these:
    find VA fiduciary stuff for meeting,
    find dentist for parents,
    write rough draft response to attorney, email bro & SIL
    *9:30 get ready for bed
    * make list for tomorrow
    * Get food & things ready for tomorrow
    *10pm tv or read
    12am Go to bed

Hoping all of us meet our goals today & that we make it a great day!

Linda
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Merry Christmas!!! I hope everyone had a wonderful day yesterday. I really enjoyed my day it was so nice and peaceful!

I will post my goals tomorrow. I’m not feeling 100% today so im going to relax and maybe play with my new toy! I got a Cricut! Also, I fit into large PJ’s! I’m so proud of myself!

My daughter took a picture of me from the side, I’m anxious to compare from one she took last year.
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Hello! Merry Christmas! I hope everyone had a great day! We did. Nice and quiet.

Only simple goals today.

1. Log what I eat
    2. Make something for dinner (turkey burgers?)
    3. Do the dishes right after!!
    4. Fold clothes!
    5. Work on my outline
    6. Bed early.
  • canary6163
    canary6163 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    5'11" tall, 66 years old

Starting weight January 1, 2017: 217
    Starting weight 194.5
    Goal weight be Dec 31st: 170

JFT, Monday, January 1st, 2018
    1. log all food
    2. concentrate on drinking at least 8 glasses of water
    3. go to the gym with husband in the afternoon. (Being that the temperature is suppose to be -8 in the morning, hoping by the afternoon is is warmer)
    4. read one chapter of Simple Abundance (thank you @O'Connell for this idea - something I hope to do everyday this year)
    5. get back on here tomorrow ...... be accountable

Swimming 50 laps in a 50 m pool biking 45 m keeping in taken of food healthy 500 c tough being alone.
  • canary6163
    canary6163 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    MLHC1 wrote: »
    Happy New Year Everyone :smile:

I also followed the 2017 JFT and did well. Before I learned about being pregnant, I lost 15 lbs :joy: This thread is very useful and helpful for accountability, support and motivation!! Since I am currently 23 weeks pregnant, my JFT goals revolve around maintaining an exercise routine. My weight-loss journey will begin again in May (my little one is due in April).

1/1 Monday JFT:

▪Breakfast
    ▪Elliptical
    ▪Stretch
    ▪Read at least one research article (5 total)
    ▪Stay Hydrated (still recovering from cold)
    ▪Clean a little throughout the house
    ▪Grocery inventory & list (need month supply)
    [Grocery shopping tomorrow]
    ▪Dinner by 7 pm
    ▪Bedtime by 10 pm

Having a baby is a blessing. Through all remember that.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Okay got a couple of pics to show you! I'll put them in spoilers so it doesn't take up the whole page LOL

This is my tree..
    nqkx2b1qdq3g.jpg

This is the view I had on the way to one of the cities near me, Stoke not Manchester.
    s4z3e2crq5y7.jpg

And a couple of Marley making an escape and at the shopping centre
    h9p6igaizuiz.jpg
    f94b93ugra9s.jpg

I don't have any new pics of Casey really but I will do at some point

I love your tree! The view on the way to Stoke is such pretty countryside! What is the temperature there? I don't see snow...(lucky you!)

Marley is a doll! You sure do make cute babies, @Bex953172 ! :mrgreen:

• PackerFanInGB
    Options
    I’m back after missing a few days & with a new profile for the new year. Thought to start fresh. Merry Christmas everyone.

JFT 26.12.2018, Wednesday:
    1. Eat fruits only for meals
    2. Do sudharshana kriya
    3. Use stevia in tea & coffee
    4. Limit coffee intake to 2 cups per day & the rest ginger lemon tea only
    5. Start again week 1 Day 1 of C25K
    6. Take a shower in the morning instead of night

I love your spring-time profile picture! Yellow flowers always make me feel happy!
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    Elbee1 wrote: »
    Skipped a couple days. It's been very stressful & also long road trip. Eating to stay awake while driving & due to boredom. But could have made wiser choices. It was a free for all. if I keep making excuses, I'll never get to where I want to be weight wise & healthwise. I'll try again, here.

I'm working on changing some bad habits too. Need to get more sleep & go to bed earlier & wake up earlier....then maybe I can incorporate exercise.

JFT:
    Dec. 26
    *Weigh
    *make wiser food choices
    *drink at least 4 glasses of water
    *unpack
    *plan meals through Monday
    *pay couple of parents bills
    *work on 1 or all of these:
    find VA fiduciary stuff for meeting,
    find dentist for parents,
    write rough draft response to attorney, email bro & SIL
    *9:30 get ready for bed
    * make list for tomorrow
    * Get food & things ready for tomorrow
    *10pm tv or read
    12am Go to bed

Hoping all of us meet our goals today & that we make it a great day!

Linda

Hi Linda, I haven't been on much the past few weeks due to an injury, but I had to take a minute to tell you that I HEAR YOU on the more sleep and up earlier habit. OMG, do I need to do this too. It's in the back of my head every single day, but I never, ever, ever do it. If you find the magical spell that helps with this, please SHARE!

Tracie
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    I sure hope everyone had a MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! We had a nice one. It was much more low-key than past years, as people came at more staggered times. It was nice. We were able to sit and talk more with each of them and watch the littles open their gifts without all the commotion. But I have to admit, I did rather miss the commotion too!

I am still being seen at the concussion clinic, but at least on these new medications, I have not had a migraine for 4 days. I made it through work without one today too. Crossing my fingers I'm starting to heal.

I have not been a good girl. I have gained 4 lbs. I'm actually pretty pissed off at myself. I know better. I haven't even hardly been eating! It's not like I've been grazing for days or anything. I really believe it is that I do not drink enough water, plus I have not been walking since the concussion. Well, and I've had a few chips here and there...but seriously nothing that should cause a 4 lb weight gain.

So....here I go! Back on the proverbial horse!

JFT:
    1. Journal every single bite, even the chocolates I've been grabbing here and there all day at work.
    2. Drink half my weight in water
    3. Listen to Half Size Me podcast
    4. Walk Maddie when I get home, no excuses acceptable.
    5. Think before I speak and try to phrase things in a kind manner. Don't blow your top over stupid *kitten*.
    6. Begin making notes about the family meeting I'm going to call after the first of the year. (yeah...putting the hammer down. won't be fun or pretty.)
    7. Beck's Diet Solution steps: ARC's, eat sitting down, mindfulness. Read next chapter.
    8. Bedtime: Unplug at 8:00. Bed at 9:00. Gratitude Journal / Dodie book / Simple Abundance. Calm app and lights out at 10.

I cannot tell you how much I have missed you all while I've been MIA. You have become like family to me, people I check in with every day to share successes, frustrations, problems, answers, photos and just plain life. So, when I don't "chat" with you for a while, I feel like something is missing in my life. Each and every one of you has a spot in this heart. Don't ever forget that!

I'll check in later. Blessings....

Tracie
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    @PackerFanInGB nice to hear you are starting to feel better!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    bwav5hq0juym.jpeg
    I have to share this picture. Michaela decided this year she loves Nutcracker’s and I was given this one free. I think this made her whole day.
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! Work was excruciatingly dull today. I spent most of the day on my phone. Lol. We have a feeling that this week is going to be like this. I really don't know what I am going to do tomorrow. TBH I snooped in people's accounts all day. I feel like you can learn a lot from people's spending habits. Lol. I'm the worst kind of banker. I don't think I am going to get anything done on my list tonight. I am currently laying on the couch with a warm comfy cat in my lap. I do not want to move. Lol. There's hockey on in the back ground. I think I am going to do some ebook shopping tonight too. Lol
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    I just realized it's Wednesday again already. I need to post my weight. Mine is averaged over 7 days. Weight is up yesterday and today, but I think it's partially too much sodium

tzn2dkdcswd7.png